PDA

View Full Version : Luchadore RAW?

Mr. Nerfect
10-14-2005, 07:02 PM
From the Wrestling Observer:

The WWE is looking to bring in Mistico and Super Porky as soon as this Monday’s Raw. They are trying to obtain other names from Mexico as regulars, most feel this is due to the Telemundo deal, TNA’s initial ratings featuring their X Division stars and due to a lot of mainstream publicity that a lot of Lucha stars have been getting.

Righto, then. Forget using the current cruiserweights you have under contract. Good lucha action could be good for the cruiserweight division AND the WWE, though, so I'm not complaining.

Maybe they'll trade the Women's Division (and maybe the World Tag Team Division) to SmackDown!, and have all the cruiserweights come to RAW under the guidance of Eric Bischoff (again).

To SmackDown!
1. Trish Stratus
2. Mickie James
3. Victoria
4. Torrie Wilson
5. Ashley Massaro

To RAW
1. Juventud
2. Psicosis
3. Super Crazy
4. Paul London
5. Brian Kendrick
6. Simon Dean (under the Nova character)
7. Funaki
8. Scotty 2 Hotty
9. Kid Kash
10. Nunzio
11. Vito
12. Rey Mysterio (this would really make things itneresting, but they probably should keep him on SmackDown!. I just really want to see a Shawn Michaels vs. Rey Mysterio feud)
13. Josh Mathews (gives him an excuse to get on RAW, and possibly replace JR)
14. Khosrow Daivari

-This is a pretty unfair trade, so I suppose you could have SmackDown! get something in return (a match on Taboo Tuesday?). You could send guys like Val Venis, Viscera, Eugene and Rob Conway over to SmackDown! if you chose to.

-This could really boost the World Tag Team Division. Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch, The Mexicools, Paul London & Brian Kendrick (Just a random observation, PL won the WWE Tag Team Championship with Billy Kidman, whose initials are BK. He is now teaming with Brian Kendrick, also BK. They could probably call themselves PL & BK: Sliced Bread #2 or something and get away with it), The Heart Throbs, Kerwin White & Nick Nemeth, Val Venis & Viscera, Funaki & Tajiri (you know the WWE would do this), The Hurricane & Rosey & Vito & Johnny Parisi. Nine teams, not too bad.

-SmackDown!'s tag team division remains with MNM, LOD, William Regal & Paul Burchill, The Blonde Bombers, JBL & Orlando Jordan (put them together, desperate times call for desperate measures), Chris Benoit & Booker T (another temproary tag team until the WWE can get the ball rolling), Batista & Eddie Guerrero, The Ortons etc. Not too great, but it could potentially be saved.

-Maybe they could have Shane McMahon announce a division switch or something as part of a new era of WWE programming.

I dunno, but I can just see a lot of promise in this idea.

Destor
10-14-2005, 07:10 PM
Wowza. :cool:

Destor
10-14-2005, 09:04 PM
I hope this happens. lol though, Vince is gonna crush TNA before anyone realizes they are on TV.

RemyRed
10-14-2005, 09:17 PM
I hope not. Leave the Cruiserweight championship on SmackDown with the other WCW championships. It would seem weird out of place on Raw. All for the luchadores on Raw though.

Mr. Nerfect
10-14-2005, 09:38 PM
I hope not. Leave the Cruiserweight championship on SmackDown with the other WCW championships. It would seem weird out of place on Raw. All for the luchadores on Raw though.

I can understand that, but I would rather see the Cruiserweight Title on RAW. It's probably an association with Eric Bischoff.

Technically the WWE Championship and World Tag Team Championship have WCW Title histories dissolved into them, and they're on RAW. Just saying.

Djscorpion
10-14-2005, 09:46 PM
I can understand that, but I would rather see the Cruiserweight Title on RAW. It's probably an association with Eric Bischoff.

Technically the WWE Championship and World Tag Team Championship have WCW Title histories dissolved into them, and they're on RAW. Just saying.

The wwe championship does NOT have wcw title histories. HOWEVER, The World Heavyweight Title use to be WcW TITLE.

Jaton
10-14-2005, 11:09 PM
Okay, just stop. You're obviously an idiot.

KayfabeMan
10-14-2005, 11:15 PM
Good job realizing you need luchadores WWE.

You're only a decade late.

McLegend
10-14-2005, 11:17 PM

I don't think the WWE ever NEEDED luchadores.

Corkscrewed
10-14-2005, 11:23 PM

They'll still screw it up. I mean, look at Smackdown.

KayfabeMan
10-14-2005, 11:36 PM
I don't think the WWE ever NEEDED luchadores.

They would've come in handy when WCW was beating them in the ratings every week for over a year. Luchadores made good money for WCW, and they'd have done the same for WWE - except Vince is obsessed with big, talentless idiots.

WWE was on to something in the late '90's, when they were using Devon Storm, Brian Christopher, Taka, etc. - and they did use Hector Garza and guys like him earlier than that. Vince Russo even said [at the time he was known still as Vic Venom] that the cruisers were where it was at; yet the genius that McMahon was / is, he cut it short in favor of giving TV time to Albert, etc.

So while they didn't "need" them technically, they would've been a great asset to a company that was lacking, and in reality, is even worse off now than it was then.

KingofOldSchool
10-15-2005, 02:47 AM
WWE was on to something in the late '90's, when they were using Devon Storm, Brian Christopher, Taka, etc. - and they did use Hector Garza and guys like him earlier than that. Vince Russo even said [at the time he was known still as Vic Venom] that the cruisers were where it was at; yet the genius that McMahon was / is, he cut it short in favor of giving TV time to Albert, etc.

I have you know that where the WWE lost in the demographics of fans who want to see high flying wrestlers, they gained in the homosexual viewers. Ya know, the gay males who love the bald, hairy men.

TerranRich
10-15-2005, 12:32 PM
...most feel this is due to the Telemundo deal, TNA’s initial ratings featuring their X Division stars and due to a lot of mainstream publicity that a lot of Lucha stars have been getting.
Okay, so does anybody still want to argue that Vince doesn't care about TNA? Sure, it only says that "most feel" this is true, but still, it usually ends up being the case.

Stickman
10-15-2005, 12:37 PM
IF they're going to do the luchadore cruiserweight thing, have it on Smackdown. Raw is more storyline soap opera-ey than Smackdown and I think they should leave it at that for now.

mitch_h
10-15-2005, 01:52 PM
That would be pretty awesome... plus Mistico is like Rey Rey circa 1996.

Marcyo
10-15-2005, 04:21 PM
Is Super Porky Porksoda?

KayfabeMan
10-15-2005, 08:05 PM
I have you know that where the WWE lost in the demographics of fans who want to see high flying wrestlers, they gained in the homosexual viewers. Ya know, the gay males who love the bald, hairy men.

I knew that. :shifty:

That was around the time that Vince actually began watching RAW.