PDA

View Full Version : Lets appreciate Tom Petty.

RP
10-22-2005, 06:44 AM
I know not everyone here is a Tom Petty fan , but he's my favorite musician of all time. I sometimes feel he doesnt get enough credit. Just about every song this guy has ever written or vocaled as been gold. People always talk about Lennon, Hendrix, Dylan, Jagger, and a couple others, but you rarely here Tom Petty being appreciated for his music like those guy's do. He's just fucking great.:yes:

samichna
10-22-2005, 04:41 PM
Fucking Melissa Etheridge covered Refugee. The first time I heard it on the radio, I was like whoa, Bryan Adams did a Petty cover. Wait a minute, this voice is to gravelly to be Bryan Adams. Oh God.

RP
10-22-2005, 05:19 PM
FUCK MELISSA ETHERIDGE!

Who authorized that cover!

Just John
10-22-2005, 05:23 PM
not my favorite musician, but still fucking good, Runnin' Down A Dream is really inspiring.

el fregadero
10-22-2005, 08:10 PM
Awesome to the highest degree.

StrongMad
10-27-2005, 04:51 AM
Shit, he's way awesome. A month or 2 ago, a few buddies and I went to see him/The Black Crowes over at the Hyundai Pavilion, or whatever it's called these days. Nothin' better than sittin' in the grass with no shoes, a bunch of your friends, hippies and cool people surrounding you, and bunch of weed while Tom Petty goes on stage. Nothin'.