PDA

View Full Version : Just Checking

Savio
10-24-2005, 03:07 PM
Who is the better wrestler?

Batista disagrees with me.

Vastardikai
10-24-2005, 03:10 PM
I'm gonna say Batista. Now, here's why. I am going by the same criteria Heenan goes by: the one who sells the most tickets on Name Recognition is the best wrestler.

As far as who can do the most different moves? AJ.

alvarado52
10-24-2005, 03:30 PM
Wrestling ability? AJ easy. Batista is your basic big man with the big man moveset. He doesnt impress me the way a Brock Lesnar did, with great mat ability as well as power. Batista basically just powers around the ring, and to me that is extremely boring.

Gertner
10-24-2005, 04:16 PM
styles

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
10-24-2005, 04:25 PM
Never seen Styles wrestle.

Sadistic
10-24-2005, 04:34 PM
Styles

Shadow
10-24-2005, 04:45 PM
Jeff Har...Styles.

DaveWadding
10-24-2005, 05:42 PM
Neither.

Kane Knight
10-24-2005, 05:43 PM
Shannon Moore.

Dave Youell
10-24-2005, 05:51 PM
I'm gonna say Batista. Now, here's why. I am going by the same criteria Heenan goes by: the one who sells the most tickets on Name Recognition is the best wrestler.

As far as who can do the most different moves? AJ.
So Hogan is a better wrestler than Steamboat then?

Being a good wrestler doesn't make you a draw.

Kane Knight
10-24-2005, 06:59 PM

Sicne "wrestler" can be used interchangably as both "skilled at wrestling" and "pro wrestler," I'd say you two are arguing different points completely.

Y2Jeremy
10-25-2005, 01:43 PM
Sicne "wrestler" can be used interchangably as both "skilled at wrestling" and "pro wrestler," I'd say you two are arguing different points completely.

Exactly, but if I had to answer, Batista. AJ has good moves, but if he was in the WWE style, he would flop, much like Kazarian did. he can spot and dazzle the crowd(me included), but he is not a "wrestler" per say.

Vastardikai
10-25-2005, 02:23 PM

better wrestler in terms of technique, Steamboat by a mile.

better wrestler as far as putting asses in seats, Hogan by a mile.

I don't say that as a knock on Steamboat, I am saying that you have to be specific when saying who is a "Better Wrestler" as, like KK says, there's two definitions of a "Good Wrestler": Heenan's definition (asses in seats, money in promoter's pocket), and Cornette/Gagne's definition (technical prowess). I'm sure those aren't the official terms for it, but I'm the one making the argument, so god dammit, I'm gonna name the terms. Rarely is there someone who can accomplish being both a Technical God and an amazing Draw. Flair in the '80s is one example. Angle today is another.

I thought when I made the first post, I made it abundantly clear. Styles is better in the Cornette/Gagne sense, but Batista is better in the Heenan sense. Since the beginning of the Modern Era, the Heenan definition has been the more important factor in MAINSTREAM wrestling. Hence, I went by that definition to determine the better wrestler. IWC leans more towards the Cornette/Gagne definition, so the mileage varies.

Nark Order
10-25-2005, 03:19 PM
Styles by FAR. It's not even a fair comparison in the least. Batista is a body and nothing more.