PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Christian. Comments Welcome.

Y2Jeremy
10-25-2005, 02:11 PM
I was prompted to create this after reading Lance Storm's opinions on him. While Christian was rarely wrestling or winning on RAW during his final stint, he wasn't in limbo, he was a blooming main eventer. On Smackdown, he is the Mid Card jobber. Anytime there is a 3 4 or 5 man match, expect Cap. to get pinned, or knocked out. His fans are dwindling and his show has started to become lame. I feel that his time may be passing by and he may become the next Ted Dibiase, Loved yet unsuccessful in the main event, a lovable loser if you will.

Comments and arguments are apperciated, because that is the only way we grow as a species....

Jaton
10-25-2005, 02:13 PM
I don't know about everyone else, but you pretty much hit the nail on the head. Unfortunately, it's already been discussed. But still, it's a good point. It really sucks to see this happen again, another wasted potential much like DiBiase.

Mr. Nerfect
10-25-2005, 05:56 PM
I disagree. While Christian may never win "the big one" (I think he will, you can't ignore him forever), his fans are certainly not dwindling. The WWE was just in Texas, who were behind Booker T every step of the way. Velocity most recently was in Reno, and Christian got a pretty fucking good ovation and a "Christian" chant.

If SD! ever goes back to the UK, or up to Canada, expect the Peepulation to return to its full-effect, if it still isn't in full-effect.

Gouda
10-25-2005, 07:55 PM
To the casual fan, his popularity is dwindling. When they showed him on Raw he barely got a reaction. If it were a few months ago he would have got a fairly big one, whether it be jeers or cheers.

Kane Knight
10-25-2005, 08:03 PM
Edited crowd reactions.

Booking lower on the card.

His fan response isn't dying out, it's being killed

Favre4Ever
10-25-2005, 09:14 PM
I don't really think he's a blooming main eventer, hes more of a blooming long term character. The way things in the WWE work, it seems unlikely that he would ever get a huge main event push, but he definitly has job security.

Favre4Ever
10-25-2005, 09:15 PM
Though if he were to get a big push, Smackdown! is the place for it to happen.

Pinnacle Charisma
10-27-2005, 07:34 AM
Looking back on it the momentum he had before he crossed to smackdown on Raw was amazing. The most disappointing thing in the last five years in the WWE was that the cancelled Christian’s push.

Imagine if you will if Christian ever jumped to TNA now although it will never happen the buzz would be huge among the internet community and it may launch TNA into the next stratosphere because surely they will push him to the moon.

PYRO-MANIAC
10-27-2005, 07:45 AM
Christian eh.. :y:

Right where do i start?

Christian for me has been losing his edge lately, the fans dont respond to him like they used to basically because he's not getting enough Tv time and i haven't seen him have a long match in a long time.

Sad thing is he's stuck in mid card hell, the move to Smackdown has done NOTHING for him. He was getting a lot of crowd reaction on Raw, he was pretty hot on Raw too - he had cool merchandise, the internet community loved him.. he had it all at one point. I even think he was close to getting back to main event level.

He has charisma, talent, and can wrestle too. All he needs is the right storyline or feud and he'll be BIG mark my words. :y:

Id like to see him feud with Benoit again or maybe even Randy Orton or hell even The Undertaker. Just a nice feud were he can have a solid match or two and make fans love him again. :y:

He's stuck in a void at the moment though so the sooner they get him involved in major feuds the better! :(

It would be nice if they changed his attitude a bit and had him as a sort of funny,charismatic, Randy Orton type who goes after the big names. :D

A feud with Benoit though with maybe a cage match, tlc match, ladder match somewhere down the line would do wonders for Christian in my opinion.