PDA

View Full Version : You ever get into conversations with not smarks?

BigDaddyCool
10-28-2005, 01:42 PM
Well, for example last night these two cooks at my resturant were talking loudly about wrestling, and how TNA sucks, and I agreed. But then one of them said that Abyss is the guy who used to play Kane. I told him he was wrong, and that Glenn Jacobs has always been Kane, they just recently unmasked him, and that Abyss is nowhere near the size of Kane. I then asked who they heard it from, which it turns out was another of the cooks.

Anyhow, long story short...or at least cutting to my point, you ever get in a conversation like this and just have the want to sit these people down and set the entire wrestling record straight, or atleast as straight as you possibly can?

King Jericho
10-28-2005, 01:53 PM
Yeah all the time, I get to talk to loads of marks at Wrestling show's. It can sometimes be frustrating, but other time's it rules, because they just believe you're character, so I just act all cocky and stuff, and they hate me.

Loose Cannon
10-28-2005, 01:58 PM
WHEN they don't believe you is what gets on my nerves.

DarkAngel
10-28-2005, 02:03 PM
one of my friends thought JR was SERIOUSLY burned by kane and just wouldn't agree that it was fake

King Jericho
10-28-2005, 02:06 PM
I was trying to tell a Deaf trainee one time that the love of his life Lita, had actually cheated on Matt Hardy IN REAL LIFE with Edge. I'm normally mad patient, but I got sooooo stressed out that night.

PorkSoda
10-28-2005, 02:44 PM
I hate getting into those "wrestling is fake" conversations with me telling the person how much pain your body goes through. Yesterday, this kid walked up to me and said "You still think wrestling is real?" And I told him that I was going to wrestling school earlier in the year, and I told him that the pain is real or something like that. He just didn't understand it I think, I don't know, he wasn't into it.

I hate those people who think they know everything about the wrestling buisness and they only watched like 20 minutes of Raw in their whole life.

Corkscrewed
10-28-2005, 03:11 PM
^ Give him a hip toss and then ask him if it's fake. :p

BigDaddyCool
10-29-2005, 01:30 AM
^ Give him a hip toss and then ask him if it's fake. :p

Yeah, then he would say something along the lines of how he doesn't know how to fall right, or that the move was done wrong so it would hurt, and real wrestlers know how to do it right everytime.

Gouda
10-29-2005, 01:36 AM
Kid: You still think wrestling is real?
PorkSoda: ...... *GERMAN SUPLEX!!*
Kid: Ow.
PorkSoda: You've just been SODAmized!!!!!!!!!!!!

BlackDawn2024
10-29-2005, 04:04 AM
Well, for example last night these two cooks at
my resturant

When I just glanced at that, I thought it said two cocks. :lol:

Anyway, I was watching SmackDown one night with my cousin, and it took me the whole two hours to explain just the basics of a wrestling event, match, what makes a good heel, etc. Not fun.

Corkscrewed
10-29-2005, 04:06 AM
Yeah, then he would say something along the lines of how he doesn't know how to fall right, or that the move was done wrong so it would hurt, and real wrestlers know how to do it right everytime.

Probably, but the main intention here was to just throw him through a table...

Pinnacle Charisma
10-29-2005, 04:28 AM
One of my best mates is a mark. Great bloke but horrible to talk to about wrestling.

He doesn’t rate the likes of Jericho and Chirstan and drools over the likes of Batista and HHH.

My favourite quote from him is “Benoit is too short to be a wrestler”

Chavo Classic
10-29-2005, 05:44 AM
I was trying to tell a Deaf trainee one time that the love of his life Lita, had actually cheated on Matt Hardy IN REAL LIFE with Edge. I'm normally mad patient, but I got sooooo stressed out that night.

Trying to explain the Hardy/Edge/Lita/Kane/Snitsky business to anyone, regardless of markness, is a difficult task.

Sting Fan
10-29-2005, 06:23 AM
I watch wrestling every week with at least two Makrs, it is difficult to say the least.

Someone1001
10-29-2005, 01:20 PM
I keep trying to explain to my girlfriend why I like watching wrestling...but all she seems to keep responding with is the whole 'wrestling is fake' line. I try to explain how it's real...but fail. I just can't win with the way the WWE is run now. TNA on the other hand...that'll give me a better example on how wrestling is real.

Just John
10-29-2005, 04:42 PM
I hate getting into those "wrestling is fake" conversations with me telling the person how much pain your body goes through. Yesterday, this kid walked up to me and said "You still think wrestling is real?" And I told him that I was going to wrestling school earlier in the year, and I told him that the pain is real or something like that. He just didn't understand it I think, I don't know, he wasn't into it.

I hate those people who think they know everything about the wrestling buisness and they only watched like 20 minutes of Raw in their whole life.

that kinda happened with me once, but it was about Pokémon, me and some friends were joking about it, and some kid said "Do you still believe in pokémon?"

WTF? since when did anyone BELIEVE in pokémon?