PDA

View Full Version : "Fired" people (and-uh spoilers)

Kane Knight
11-01-2005, 09:47 AM
I checked the news section of WWE.com today, and noticed that I can't seem to find a Notice of Christian quitting. I know he was on TV last night, though I'm yet to see Raw. My first thought was they did it for the TV appearance and possible TT outcome.

The other thing I noticed was this:

Y2J performs on Iron Maiden Tribute
October 27, 2005
Former WWE Superstar Chris Jericho is featured on the new CD, Numbers From The Beast-An All Star Tribute To Iron Maiden out this week on Restless Records. Jericho performs the Maiden classic The Evil That Men Do, along with Paul Gilbert (Mr Big) on guitar, Mike Inez (Ozzy/Alice In Chains) on bass and Brent Fitz (Theory Of A Deadman/Vince Neil) on drums.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/y2jironmaiden

On a sidenote, Nuno's on this tribute :love:

Well, really looks like he's never coming back to the WWE, he left on bad terms, and he's going to TNA, just like everyone was claiming.

I know I'd promote him if that were true...

Loose Cannon
11-01-2005, 09:49 AM
The Christian thing is still up. Just hits the "next" key for the headlines on the front page and you'll see it.

Destor
11-01-2005, 09:52 AM
So the Jericho firing, is it a work or not? I know what was on TV was a work, but is he still employed?

Xero
11-01-2005, 09:55 AM
So the Jericho firing, is it a work or not? I know what was on TV was a work, but is he still employed?
I believe that he's just taking time off. A few months ago I heard he signed a new contract. He's been going non-stop now for over five years so I really don't blame him for going off TV.

One thing that could prove this is when he makes his appearances on VH1. I would imagine that he still goes by Chris Jericho, so he has to be with WWE because the WWE owns the name.

Kane Knight
11-01-2005, 10:05 AM
The Christian thing is still up. Just hits the "next" key for the headlines on the front page and you'll see it.

Wow. IT really is true that the WWE's website is run by the only guy who didn't think the CD-Rom drive was a cupholder.

Kane Knight
11-01-2005, 10:11 AM

He's not currently employed, and has stated that he was burned out. A lot of people were taking this statement as definitive that he wouldn't come back to the WWE, and some even bought the TNA graphic on his site. He left to do a music tour, hopefully he'll be back, because he's an amazing wrestler btu a SHITTY singer.

Kane Knight
11-01-2005, 10:12 AM
I believe that he's just taking time off. A few months ago I heard he signed a new contract. He's been going non-stop now for over five years so I really don't blame him for going off TV.

One thing that could prove this is when he makes his appearances on VH1. I would imagine that he still goes by Chris Jericho, so he has to be with WWE because the WWE owns the name.

Typed Drawing
<hr align="left" width="20"> <table border="0"><tbody><tr> <td align="left" valign="top"> Word Mark</td> <td> CHRIS JERICHO</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" valign="top"> Goods and Services</td> <td>IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: entertainment services, namely, professional wrestling services. FIRST USE: 19901002. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19901002</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" valign="top"> Mark Drawing Code</td> <td>(1) TYPED DRAWING</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left"> Serial Number</td> <td>75575310</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" valign="top"> Filing Date</td> <td>October 21, 1998</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" valign="top"> Current Filing Basis</td> <td>1A</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" valign="top"> Original Filing Basis</td> <td>1A</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" valign="top"> Published for Opposition</td> <td> June 20, 2000</td> <!--WWWAnswer Token=T_TAG info=PO--> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" valign="top"> Registration Number</td> <td>2384740</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" valign="top"> Registration Date</td> <td>September 12, 2000</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" valign="top"> Owner</td> <td>(REGISTRANT) Irvine, Christopher K. INDIVIDUAL UNITED STATES 7204-2717 Seville Boulevard Clearwater FLORIDA 33764</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" valign="top"> Attorney of Record</td> <td>James P. Quinn</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" valign="top"> Type of Mark</td> <td>SERVICE MARK</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" valign="top"> Register</td> <td>PRINCIPAL</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" valign="top"> Other Data</td> <td>The name "Chris Jericho" is fictitious and does not identify any particular living individual.</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" valign="top"> Live/Dead Indicator</td> <td>LIVE</td></tr></tbody></table>
Interesting note, the WWE owns all rights to toys, clothing, etc. However, Chris owns the Jericho Trademark, and can appear without the WWE's permission. He just can't make a toy out of it.

Xero
11-01-2005, 10:14 AM
Oh, I didn't know that... Well, if he does go elsewhere, he can still use the name every knows him by.

What site do you get that shit from?

PureHatred
11-01-2005, 10:17 AM
Wow. IT really is true that the WWE's website is run by the only guy who didn't think the CD-Rom drive was a cupholder.

Stealing my lines you Hussein of the forums.....:rant:

PureHatred
11-01-2005, 10:18 AM
He's not currently employed, and has stated that he was burned out. A lot of people were taking this statement as definitive that he wouldn't come back to the WWE, and some even bought the TNA graphic on his site. He left to do a music tour, hopefully he'll be back, because he's an amazing wrestler btu a SHITTY singer.

Could be worse..he could be a mediocre wrestler and a shitty rapper...

PureHatred
11-01-2005, 10:21 AM
And on these firings.....Jericho just seems to be taking time away from the business. He went out of his way to make sutre there were no bridges burned. Right now, the Christian thing is in wsort of wait and see mode. If you beleive the Meltzer stuff, he's got no contract and therefore no 90 day no compete clause.

Which means there's a good chance that if he's going to another company, he'll be going sooner rather than later. Unless this is just a suck-ass way of the WWE trying to recreate the "Hardy magic" with the fans.

I'm hoping he goes to TNA.

Kane Knight
11-01-2005, 10:29 AM
Oh, I didn't know that... Well, if he does go elsewhere, he can still use the name every knows him by.

What site do you get that shit from?

www.uspto.gov, the US Patent and Trademark office.

Destor
11-01-2005, 10:29 AM
I hope he is going to JCW. :shifty:

Kane Knight
11-01-2005, 10:32 AM
Stealing my lines you Hussein of the forums.....:rant:

Think of it as an homage.

Could be worse..he could be a mediocre wrestler and a shitty rapper...

Or

Could be worse..he could be a mediocre wrestler and a shitty adulterer...

And on these firings.....Jericho just seems to be taking time away from the business. He went out of his way to make sutre there were no bridges burned. Right now, the Christian thing is in wsort of wait and see mode. If you beleive the Meltzer stuff, he's got no contract and therefore no 90 day no compete clause.

Which means there's a good chance that if he's going to another company, he'll be going sooner rather than later. Unless this is just a suck-ass way of the WWE trying to recreate the "Hardy magic" with the fans.

I'm hoping he goes to TNA.

Jericho's planning on coming back, I'd wager. Christian, I'd as soon see elsewhere. If this is a swerve, I'm turning off the WWE period.