PDA

View Full Version : Val Venis as a colour commentator?

Mr. Nerfect
11-01-2005, 03:56 PM
I just got the strangest idea in my head. With Joey Styles on RAW now, does anyone else think that it would be awesome to see Jerry Lawler go to WWE Unlimited with Jim Ross, and maybe WWE Heat while a new guy sits in the face colour commentator position next to Styles?

I don't know why, but I got this vision of Carlito having Styles as his guest on Carlito's Cabana, and then attacking Styles to "initiate" him to RAW, only for Val Venis to make the save. Val Venis & Joey Styles duo. Jonathan Coachman can join in, or he can be a heel manager. The WWE seems to be high on his character, and he has plenty of heat, maybe it would be better to have him help some guys get over or something?

PYRO-MANIAC
11-01-2005, 04:46 PM
I like the idea of having Val as a commentator. He's got fantastic charisma and the right look too, i think he could be for Raw what Taz is for smackdown.

I came up with the idea months ago when people were speculating over Good Ol' JR's status with the WWE.

I like your storyline, it makes a lot of sense. I would like to see Val with the King for a while to see how they would gel together but Val and Styles would work, as would The King and Styles or even Styles and The Coach.

Some good options for the WWE. :y:

Joey Slugs
11-01-2005, 04:51 PM
We don't know that Styles is the new Play by Play man on Raw just yet.

Dave Youell
11-01-2005, 05:22 PM
Just let him run the show alone! Christ he did both colour and play by play at once for years in ECW