PDA

View Full Version : List some good things you liked about WWE within the past 5 years

The Naitch
11-07-2005, 01:38 AM
We can pick the bad stuff over the years, but let's listen to PDD and pick out what we liked about WWE over the past 5 years (2000-2005)

Here's my most memorable moments. (I'll keep it in chronological order)

-The Rock being the #1 guy taking the WWF to the top in 2000. Hottest year in wrestling. Attitude at it's peak.

-Rikishi says he did it for The Rock

-Wrestlemania X7. Just awesome.

-The Rock returns to RAW in 2001. He posed next to the Rocky Balboa statue. He turned heel for 30 seconds then turned face again to join the WWF

-Ric Flair returns to the WWF

-Vince taunts us for a bit, then turns his chair around to reveal the nWo logo on the back. Well done, Vince. Well done. Although it ended up being a huge letdown, as I was really looking forward to this.

-The Rock vs. Hogan at Wrestlemania X8. Nuff said

-The Spring of 2002. Austin walks out, and The Rock makes a surprise appearance on RAW and tells Austin to GET THE F OUT! Classic :y: . To the haters, yeah I know where you're coming from but y'all ain't shit anyways :cool:

-Flair creates the new WWE Undisputed Championship belt. RAW changes it's sets. And the first ever GET THE F OUT promo airs

-Eric Bischofff makes his WWE debut. What the fuck!

-Stephanie McMahon is the new Smackdown! General Manager. Ok, I was high at the time and I thought it was alright

-Summer of 2002: Brock Lesnar wipes Hogan's blood over his chest. Awesome.

-The Undertaker makes Tommy Dreamer drink his tobacco spit. Loved it.

-HBK vs. Triple H: Good shit

-Rey Mysterio makes his WWE debut!!!!! Plus and awesome match with Kurt Angle to boot. Loved it.

-The Rock vs. Brock Lesnar. A new era begins.

-Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker: HELL IN A CELL

-John Cena does his first rap on Halloween

-LOL Kane is revealed to be a necrophiliac. It was funny. The whole angle was sweet. And the No Mercy Halloween commercials were the goods too.:) :D

-SD! in 2003. New theme, new roster, everything about it was all good

-The Rock makes his return to WWE and spits in Hogan's face

-Wrestlemania 19 was great. The Rock vs. Austin

-The Rock vs. Goldberg

-John Cena vs. Brock Lesnar

-Evolution. Awesomeness

-The Rock returns to help out Mick Foley to face Evolution

-XX

-John Cena battle raps vs. Kenzo

-Carlito makes makes WWE debut, spits apple in Cena's face and wins the US Championship

-John Cena vs. Carlito/Jesus feud

-Batista makes his way out on RAW after the Royal Rumble 2005.

-John Cena gets drafted to RAW

-HBK vs. Hogan promos

kinglacoste
11-07-2005, 01:52 AM
anything with brock. things i would like to see over the next 5 years.
brock vs. hhh
brock vs. hbk
brock vs. benoit
brock vs. jbl
brock vs. batista
brock vs. just about anybody in the wwe
wwe needs brock in the worst way

Ruien
11-07-2005, 04:08 AM
-Rey Mysterio makes his WWE debut!!!!! Plus and awesome match with Kurt Angle to boot. Loved it.

Acually when he debuted, he faced Chavo. Was a great match though.

Cool King
11-07-2005, 04:30 AM
Everything you said there Naitch, I remember it like it was yesterday.:D

Good Times.:y:

RP
11-07-2005, 04:40 AM
During a match 2 years ago between Benoit/Angle. Benoit had gotten busted open at some point right above his eye. He German Suplexed Angle 3 times then got up and did the throat slash gesture and as he did the actual gesture blood gushed out of his eye. It was one of the greatest things i've ever seen. Before that Benoit was my favorite wrestler after that Benoit was my GOD.

The Naitch
11-07-2005, 04:42 AM

Acually when he debuted, he faced Chavo. Was a great match though.

yes, I knew that. That's what I meant.

RP
11-07-2005, 04:45 AM
During the original Invasion angle. On Smackdown all the Ecw/WcW guys came out to jump Undertaker and Kurt Angle. Angle i believe got thrown outside and was fighting everyone and Taker staggered to his feet and bounced off the ropes and dove over the top rope into everybody. Probably one of the most exilerating moments for me ever. I got alot of chills because Taker and Angle were fueding at the time and when Taker flew over the top rope, it was like for the greater cause. Taker and Angle fought them off if i remember correctly , but the great moment was Taker.

RP
11-07-2005, 04:51 AM
When Triple H returned as the man who orchastrated the Austin being hit by the Car deal. He returned on Raw and I think it was that episode where Austin called him out and it looked like Triple H was gunna do the " Not here not now " heel routine. Then Austin said something to him as HHH was walking up the ramp and HHH turned around and got totally bad ass. Ripped his jacked off and exploded for the ring. The crowd just knew it was gunna happen and they were jacked up. It was one of those moments where you've kinda been waiting for it and just when you think its not gunna happen this week. It happens and they start squaring off in the middle of the ring. Very exciting moment. There match at No Way Out was really good.

Cuzziebro
11-07-2005, 06:05 AM
Y2J beating The Rock for the first Undisputed Championship at Vengence 2001.

The Gooch
11-07-2005, 11:25 AM
We can pick the bad stuff over the years, but let's listen to PDD and pick out what we liked about WWE over the past 5 years (2000-2005)

Here's my most memorable moments. (I'll keep it in chronological order)

-The Rock being the #1 guy taking the WWF to the top in 2000. Hottest year in wrestling. Attitude at it's peak.

-Rikishi says he did it for The Rock

-Wrestlemania X7. Just awesome.

-The Rock returns to RAW in 2001. He posed next to the Rocky Balboa statue. He turned heel for 30 seconds then turned face again to join the WWF

-Ric Flair returns to the WWF

-Vince taunts us for a bit, then turns his chair around to reveal the nWo logo on the back. Well done, Vince. Well done. Although it ended up being a huge letdown, as I was really looking forward to this.

-The Rock vs. Hogan at Wrestlemania X8. Nuff said

-The Spring of 2002. Austin walks out, and The Rock makes a surprise appearance on RAW and tells Austin to GET THE F OUT! Classic :y: . To the haters, yeah I know where you're coming from but y'all ain't shit anyways :cool:

-Flair creates the new WWE Undisputed Championship belt. RAW changes it's sets. And the first ever GET THE F OUT promo airs

-Eric Bischofff makes his WWE debut. What the fuck!

-Stephanie McMahon is the new Smackdown! General Manager. Ok, I was high at the time and I thought it was alright

-Summer of 2002: Brock Lesnar wipes Hogan's blood over his chest. Awesome.

-The Undertaker makes Tommy Dreamer drink his tobacco spit. Loved it.

-HBK vs. Triple H: Good shit

-The Rock vs. Brock Lesnar. A new era begins.

-Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker: HELL IN A CELL

-John Cena does his first rap on Halloween

-LOL Kane is revealed to be a necrophiliac. It was funny. The whole angle was sweet. And the No Mercy Halloween commercials were the goods too.:) :D

-SD! in 2003. New theme, new roster, everything about it was all good

-The Rock makes his return to WWE and spits in Hogan's face

-Wrestlemania 19 was great. The Rock vs. Austin

-The Rock vs. Goldberg

-John Cena vs. Brock Lesnar

-Evolution. Awesomeness

-The Rock returns to help out Mick Foley to face Evolution

-XX

-John Cena battle raps vs. Kenzo

-Carlito makes makes WWE debut, spits apple in Cena's face and wins the US Championship

-John Cena vs. Carlito/Jesus feud

-Batista makes his way out on RAW after the Royal Rumble 2005.

-John Cena gets drafted to RAW

-HBK vs. Hogan promos

You're forgetting this? The alliance of Vince, Kurt and Austin was some of the best programming ever IMO.

CharismaInjection
11-07-2005, 11:50 AM
Eddie Guerrero finally winning the WWE championship, no one deserved it more.

owenbrown
11-07-2005, 11:56 AM
Y2J beating The Rock for the first Undisputed Championship at Vengence 2001.

He almost won it from HHH in April of 2000 but the storyline was that Earl Hebner counted too fast and the decision was reversed after HHH and Stephanie threatened Hebner.

Kane Knight
11-07-2005, 11:57 AM
Eddie Guerrero finally winning the WWE championship, no one deserved it more.

And who could forget the match with the pudding.

The Gooch
11-07-2005, 12:12 PM
Seeing Jackie Gayda's boobies on RAW was pretty good.

TLC matches.

E&C hilarity.

HBK vs. Jericho

Jericho vs. Goldberg

Jericho vs. Goldberg (backstage)

mrslackalack
11-07-2005, 12:14 PM
Well. Debuts that looked promising at the time, (NWO, Steiner, Goldberg)

Having an ECW ONS

Bringing back tradtional SS Matches

Pushing Jericho and Benoit

Their DVD's

Promising young talent: Cena, Orton, Carlito, Shelton etc.

Starting to bring back legends more for appearences.

Shadow
11-07-2005, 01:03 PM
And who could forget the match with the pudding.

Remember...that was a championship match. And Eddie totally sold us on every single move the pudding did. No one could have done that...no one.

hithit
11-07-2005, 01:26 PM
Eddie and Benoit celebrating at the end of Mania XX was the absolute best thing ever.
HBK coming back and then winning the title was pretty cool as well.

PorkSoda
11-07-2005, 01:47 PM
ECW One Night Stand
The DVD's (Monday Night War, Guerrero, Benoit, ECW, Jake Roberts etc.)
Trish heel turn - Wrestlemania 20
Chris Benoit - Heavyweight champion
Rock vs. Hogan - Wrestlemania 18
The Boogeyman :love:

TerranRich
11-07-2005, 02:09 PM
I got the list right here:

1) ....um....
2) .......
3) Well.....
4) uh........

5) Oh yeah! The—

ALLLELLLLEEAAYAYYYEEELLALEEAAAAYYEYEALLALEYAYYEAYAYELALLEEYAYAAAAAA...

http://images.xylot.com/hassand4.jpg

DAMN YOU, HASSAN!

Yes, Hassan is on my list.

Sadistic
11-07-2005, 02:58 PM
The Rock, The Hardcore Title.

Nark Order
11-07-2005, 03:24 PM
The Ultimo Dragon's WWE debut (Even though they screwed it up)

Innovator
11-07-2005, 03:33 PM
Benoit winning the title at WM XX

Eddie winning the title

Jericho being the Undisputed Champ

Angle vs. Benoit

Kurt Angle in general, minus the GM stint

Gone Mad
11-07-2005, 03:34 PM
No order for mine, so here we go:

- Some of the more promising events (InVasion, nWo, ECW ONS ) and unfortunately, only ECW ONS was all good. The others could have been WAY better.

- Bischoff returning. That was a Holy Shit moment right thurr.

- The new young talent like Benjamin, Carlito, Eugene (he counts right?), RKO being pushed. Also of note were Hassan and Lesnar. I'm sure I'm missing some more, besides KENNEDY!

- 3 of my favorites winning championship gold. Benoit and Eddie at WM XX, and Jericho, the larger than life, living legend, becoming the first undisputed champ...

And then jobbed to a big nose, a dog, and a pair of hooters. :nono:

- Any moment w/ the Rock and Austin. Rock/Austin together, Rock and Hurricane's little segments, Austin during the Alliance time, it was all good.

- Brock Lesnar. Damn, what a monster he was in the beginning. And during his time on SD, him and everyone there at the time made the show light years better than Raw. Seriously, what a roster they had!

- HBK coming back and still giving us really great matches. Benjamin v. HBK was probably my favorite, along with the first with Jericho (my dream match for a while). Can't forget the matches w/ Angle either.

I know I'm missing some but that's what I remember. RAP-A-DOO!

Savio
11-07-2005, 03:39 PM
Hassan
nWo
Brock
2003 Heel Rock
Mordecais 1 month wrestling span.

Kane Knight
11-07-2005, 04:47 PM
Hassan's "beheading" of the Undertaker is on my list. Anything that could get that kind of press, and even get Lammy to behave like a retard. that's good TV.

Not that I'd be laughing if Hassan had actually blown the Undertaker up, or they had patterened it after the London attacks...

addy2hotty
11-07-2005, 05:04 PM
Jericho winning the WcW title.
Jericho winning the Undisputed Title.
Rock/Jericho feud - perfect face vs face feud
Anytime the Y2J countdown came on the titantron during an interview.
Meeting Y2J at WM18
Christians entrance music - 'Just Close Your Eyes'
Christians Captain Charisma gimmick
The slow Christian vs Cena build that never paid off
Christian interuptting Cena's first interview on Raw
Eddie Gurrerro winning the WWE Title
The Eddie vs Kurt feud after the above
Kurt Angle at every time other than when he was GM
Stone Cold/Mr McMahon/Kurt skits - 'we dont need no stinking badges'
ECW turns on the WWF
Rock vs Hogan WM18 (being there was amazing)
TLC 2 WM17 (as above)
Rob Van Dam
Chris Jerichos commentary during the JR vs Coach match for the Raw announcers position - 'you know JR commentates with Dirk Butkiss on XFL, well thats what he does with Austin, BUTT KISSES him til he gets his job back'

Disturbed316
11-08-2005, 07:32 AM
Rikishi doing it for The Rock was one of the worst choices ever made.

Impact!
11-08-2005, 07:45 AM
But on a plus side it gave us a long running joke.

Dorkchop
11-08-2005, 08:15 PM
WM XX. Loved every bit of it. Lesnar vs Goldberg was one of the worst matches ever, but the fans' chants were some of the best and loudest I've ever heard.

Survivor Series 2002. Every match was amazing and had a sweet story setting up the matches.

The womens' division. It's gone to crap now, but it was totally great.

The god damn TLC ladder matches.

Pretty much every ladder match. Some weren't too good though.

Christian winning the retired IC belt.

Favre4Ever
11-09-2005, 12:50 AM
Chris Benoit vs. Kurt Angle in a Steel Cage

Six-man Hell in a Cell

Kurt Angle begins his "I'm Kurt Angle and i'm fucking crazy" gimmick after losing the title back to the Rock at No Way out by breaking Scotty 2 Hottys ankle.

Chris Jericho beats the Rock for the WCW Championship at Survivor Series.

The beginning of the Mcmhaon-Helmsly era at Armageddon 1999 when Stephanie turned on Vince.

And of course, the worst moment ever that I loved, Angle and Undertaker tapping out at "the same time( nudge nudge )" the next week on RAW.

Favre4Ever
11-09-2005, 12:51 AM
Oh yeah, and every Austin-Vince hug scene.

HPPH
11-09-2005, 01:02 AM
Geez, I can't even remember what I had for dinner last night let alone the best WWF moments (that and living with my ex had me busy not watching wrestling for close to three years).

Geez... every single thing featuring Foley (I'm a Foley mark, obviously)
Booker T/Goldust team chemistry
The evolution of Bischoff's character
Linda McMahon's selling of the stunner amuses me still

Eh, I'm blanking out and I really don't remember what was in what year anymore.

Gouda
11-09-2005, 01:15 PM
The night Christian debuted his new haircut.
Christian/Y2J and Christian vs. Y2J.
The tag team division on Smackdown back in the day when they first got their own belts.

Cool King
11-09-2005, 03:36 PM
The night Christian debuted his new haircut.

:yes:

I still remember what made him get his hair cut.:D

Savio
11-09-2005, 04:10 PM
Hassan's "beheading" of the Undertaker is on my list. Anything that could get that kind of press, and even get Lammy to behave like a retard. that's good TV.

Not that I'd be laughing if Hassan had actually blown the Undertaker up, or they had patterened it after the London attacks...I think thats the last time I marked out.....I did kinda mark out when Davari came on TV this week.

Dorkchop
11-09-2005, 04:52 PM
:yes:

I still remember what made him get his hair cut.:D

What?

Cool King
11-09-2005, 04:54 PM
The Rock and Christian were talking backstage, then Christian said that he wasn't going up in the WWE (I think), so The Rock said he had to have a big change, then after that, Christian came out with his hair cut.:D

The One
11-09-2005, 05:09 PM
Triple H...everything about Triple H pre-leg injury. His matches were fucking great. His in ring psych is some of the best in the business. And his promos used to be fucking incredible. He carried Undertaker to a fucking WrestleMania calibar match at X-Seven. His title reigns in 2000 were some of the best WWE booking. He was the ultimate bad ass heel. Then he got his leg injury and came back a face and...oh wait this is good stuff...nevermind...oh yeah and then when Evolution got it's second star (after Orton and Batista came back from injuries) he fucking kicked ass during that too.

Kurt Angle's ENTIRE career...Up until 2000 he had been around for a little over a month. A MONTH...mainly spent fighting Steve Blackman. Do you realise that Kurt Angle's entire career has happened in the past 5 years? Doesn't it seem like he has been here forever? God I love that man.

A Little More Flair please...I love Ric Flair. I don't care if he isn't the man he used to be, he is still better then most every single wrestler on the roster. These past few years have been great for me. Seeing what Flair was doing to himself in the dying days of WCW just made me want to kill myself. Since he has come back, between the Celebration Night in Carolina (which I balled for), his DVD release (THANK YOU WWE), and everything else he has done inculding helped create and solidify Orton and Batista's careers...god let Flair keep going.

WWE's ECW moments...One Night Stand, the ECW one night invasion when we saw RVD and Dreamer come to WWE, and all the other little ECW teases they have had. No they don't treat them right in the long haul, but WWE at least has allowed for a few INCREDIBLE ECW mark out moments in the past 5 years. Bravo.

Tazz & Spike Dudley's Tag Title reign...Tazz won the Hardcore title 3 times, but the first time he actually got to leave an arena holding WWE gold was when him and Spike won the Tag Titles...a nice moment that I certainly loved.

Every single time Chris Jericho & The Rock were in the same ring, stage, room, or promo together...Don't care if they were "friends" or feuding. Those two had one great moment after another with each other.

WWE's Light-Heavyweight Division...yeah remember back in 2000 when Scotty and Malenko fueded over it, and Essa Rios had a run and everyone here gushed over him, Jerry Lynn had his chance. They didn't do a whole lot with any of it, but when they did it was some of the best WWE moments of the past 5 years.

Those plus alot of what you guys said...though some of the stuff you guys mentioned I thought was total shit and the worst crap WWE had done...ever.

Savio
11-09-2005, 05:16 PM
Yeah it even got in On No mercy.....its only appearance in any game.

The Naitch
11-09-2005, 10:16 PM
Rikishi doing it for The Rock was one of the worst choices ever made.

yeah, but at the time I was dying to see Rock go heel that it made me think that the dream will be coming true. Never happened:(

Gouda
11-09-2005, 11:36 PM
The Rock and Christian were talking backstage, then Christian said that he wasn't going up in the WWE (I think), so The Rock said he had to have a big change, then after that, Christian came out with his hair cut.:D

Huh. I thought he got it the day after he won the Intercontinental Title (possibly against RVD) and debuted it on the Highlight Reel.

Kane Knight
11-10-2005, 12:40 AM
All I can say is it's hard to think back. In 2000, my memories of wrestling were almost all still positive ones. Even when I think of dumb angles like Austin as a heel who needed a hug and Kane going "suck it!" I still end up laughing a bit instead of cringing.

Some of the best though, were from Angle, the Rock, and Jericho. We've seen some phenomenal wrestlers in this period of time, including Shelton "Ain't no Pushing me nooooooooooooW!" Benjamin, we saw Benoit win the championship, we've seen vanilla ice on top. Edge and Christian as surfer boys was usually amusing, and I remember laughing my ass off at Snow/Blackman.

It's scary how much has happened since 2000, since it seems like it was so recent.

RGWhat316
11-10-2005, 02:34 AM
There have been too many good moments in the last 5 years. Most have already been mentioned, but I'm just gonna list a few.

Kurt Angle: I wasn't a fan of him at first, but after he went crazy against Scotty 2 Hotty, he shot up to number 2 on my all time list. Everything he has done since then, except for the GM role, has been amazing. We still can't forget of how he was willing to sacrifice himself by going through with his WrestleMania 19 match with Brock.

Vince buying WCW was huge. And even though the invasion started great, it didn't last long. But this is about good stuff, so I won't go into that.

Numerous stars that have been made ever since 2000. Including RVD, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, Chris Jericho, John Cena, Brock Lesnar, Rey Mysterio, as well as countless others.

The night Jericho won/didn't win the title will always be something to remember. Even though Jericho was champion for all of 10 minutes, that was something to see.

The Rock and his promos. He could do a promo with anyone, and would entertain the hell out of me. Some of his best were with Jericho and Hurricane.

WrestleMania 17. One of the biggest ppv's off all time in my book. My two most favorite at the time had a huge main event. But since I've always been an Austin mark, I was really pissed when he turned heel. I thought there was no way he could align himself with McMahon.

Tag Teams such as Edge/Christian, The Dudleys, The Hardys and all of their crazy TLC matches. Some of which I will never forget.

Shawn Michaels not only returning from a serious back injury, but having 5 star matches in the process.

There's so much more, but this is all I'll add in now.