PDA

View Full Version : The Global Domination Starts (OVW Spoilers)

Innovator
11-09-2005, 09:29 PM
Jeremiah Evans just called in the following from the ongoing Ohio Valley Wrestling TV taping....In a major angle, the OVW TV title changed hands twice. Brent Albright was defending it against Ken Doane, who won the title after CM Punk interfered with a chairshot. Doane thanked Punk after the match and said he owed Punk one. Punk attacked Doane and slammed him into the ringpost, saying he was going to take his "one" (title shot) now, then threw him in the ring. In the end, CM Punk ended up the new OVW TV champion, so they did two switches in one night.

Credit: PWInsider.com

---------

ATTA BOY PUNKER!

Funky Fly
11-09-2005, 09:35 PM
So is he watered down yet or what?

Innovator
11-09-2005, 09:39 PM
well he can't use the Plunge, since HHH totally copied the Pedigree from it, other than that he's still been Punk.

Funky Fly
11-09-2005, 09:40 PM
How old is Punk? He can't be old enough that HHH copied him, can he?

Innovator
11-09-2005, 09:45 PM
How old is Punk? He can't be old enough that HHH copied him, can he?Punk is 27, HHH started using the Pedigree in 96, Punk would be 19 back then.

So like I said, HHH stole the move

redoneja
11-09-2005, 09:45 PM
well he can't use the Plunge, since HHH totally copied the Pedigree from it, other than that he's still been Punk.

So whats he using as his finish now? :?:

Innovator
11-09-2005, 09:46 PM
Anaconda Vice, or an enziguri i think

JH
11-09-2005, 10:12 PM
according to obsessed with wrestling Punk made his in ring debut in 1999 so i guess he stole it from Triple H not the other way around

Nervous Ferret
11-09-2005, 10:13 PM
lol

GODSON
11-09-2005, 10:31 PM
I still don't see all the hype around Punk. THe RIng of Honor message boards have a weird thing for this guy and Paul London. He is a good worker that had one classic match with Joe and people act like he's GOD. He is just another version of Steve Corino too me.

The Icon of Elisim
11-09-2005, 10:36 PM
Well Steve Corino is pretty amazing

Innovator
11-09-2005, 10:40 PM
I still don't see all the hype around Punk. THe RIng of Honor message boards have a weird thing for this guy and Paul London. He is a good worker that had one classic match with Joe and people act like he's GOD. He is just another version of Steve Corino too me.Actually he had 3 classic matches against Joe, a brutal feud with Raven in 2003, "confrontations" with Steamboat in 2004, bloody matches against the Prophecy, is great on the mic, and took part in the best wrestling angle done in the United States this summer.

So yeah this guy totally sucks

thecc
11-09-2005, 10:40 PM
The feud with raven
The 3 matches he had with samoa joe
The second city saints/ prophecy feud
The second city saits/ briscoes feud
Every show from death before dishor 3 up to his last match in roh
And there is plenty more too.

Innovator
11-09-2005, 10:41 PM
BTW, don't feel so bad because he left TNA to support Ring of Honor when TNA pulled their talent. Obviously Punk has no loyalty...that guy can't be trusted.

James Steele
11-09-2005, 10:56 PM
STEVE CORINO > YOU

thecc
11-09-2005, 11:15 PM
STEVE CORINO > YOUTHE MOTHER FUCKING KING OF OLD SCHOOL!!!

RemyRed
11-10-2005, 01:13 AM
Actually he had 3 classic matches against Joe, a brutal feud with Raven in 2003, "confrontations" with Steamboat in 2004, bloody matches against the Prophecy, is great on the mic, and took part in the best wrestling angle done in the United States this summer.

So yeah this guy totally sucksAnd a great dog-collar match against Jimmy Rave where he jobs.

Dave Youell
11-10-2005, 03:57 AM
Punk is like a Corino, which sadly means he won't ever really 'make it' as he's too big to be a cruiser and too small to be a heavy weight, the guy needs to bulk up, he's got the body of a young edge right now, he needs more muscle to him before he's going to get anywhere in the WWE.

Nothing against the guy, heck I love him! And it's pretty obvious that Heyman has a soft spot for him giving him the title already, and also no one has mentioned that this was a really good angle! Classic Heyman booking right there.

Dave Youell
11-10-2005, 04:15 AM
Here's a bit more:

*Backstage, Punk cuts a promo for Maria, saying that he wants to thank Doane
for the title shot. Punk says he can't wait to wrestle Doane in a real match
saying tonight Doane "got punk'd." He then says he wants to thank his new
best friend Brent Albright because without him, he wouldn't be champion.
Punk then says he wants to shake Albright's hand, as his gimmick has been he
wouldn't shake anyone's hand.

--------------------

HA! You just got punk'd! HA!

Dave Youell
11-10-2005, 04:15 AM
Oh and also:

*Matt Cappotelli defeated Johnny Jeter to win the OVW championship in a best
of three fall match. Jeter captured the first fall with a rollup and hook of
the tights. In the second fall, Jeter missed a move off the top and
Cappotelli scored the pin. In the third fall, Cappotelli hit the superkick
but Jeter kicked up. He took Cappotelli down and went to the top. As he came
off, Cappotelli hit the superkick and covered him for the pin. The crowd
popped huge for the win and Cappotelli celebrated for a long time after.

Pepsi Man
11-10-2005, 10:43 AM
according to obsessed with wrestling Punk made his in ring debut in 1999 so i guess he stole it from Triple H not the other way around
No way. Triple H used a time machine to watch CM Punk's matches in 1999, and he copied the maneuver. That bastard Triple H. No one's safe from being held down by him, not even in different time periods.

CSL
11-10-2005, 11:10 AM
Well Steve Corino is pretty amazing

:|