PDA

View Full Version : TNA should start editing their crowd reactions.

RemyRed
11-10-2005, 01:27 AM
Really they should. I had a friend over and we were watching that Impact Primetime Special, it was his first time watching TNA, and the crowd reactions threw him off a lot. During that 6 Man tag match, when AJ Styles and Samoa Joe were facing off he asked who the bad guy was. Then during a Team Canada match the crowd started chanting A1 (who was not in the match, or on screen at all) which lead to "Which one is A1? Why the hell are they chanting for him then?". Those retarded Abyss chants completely annoyed the shit out of us and we changed the channel.

That was only one taping but I could just picture the people at home watching TNA for the first time who are just like "Huh?" during the out of place crowd chants. I remember another time during a Petey Williams match the crowd started chanting "Huss!" out of nowhere, I don't even know what that means (if anything) and even Petey Williams looked into the crowd and yelled "What the fuck is that?". There are like no faces or heels, which leads to difficult character development, or in TNA's case none at all.

PullMyFinger
11-10-2005, 01:30 AM
Yeah, the crowd makes me want to turn off the TV.

Abyssssss ooooooooooooo abyssss

That's why I said...either edit out the crowd, or do the WCW selection where you get non wrestling fans and give the boo and cheer sign.

V
11-10-2005, 01:30 AM
Have you ever got pissed at WWE for dubbing their crowd?

If so, and if anyone else who has been pissed with wwe for that, agrees with this, it's just further proof that smarks are never happy

anyway I disagree. It would be like censoring the "You screwed Bret", "We want matt" etc., chants, just because first time viewers wouldn't know what's going on.

RemyRed
11-10-2005, 01:31 AM
i've never been pissed at WWE for editing crowd chants. If it helps go with the "show" they're putting on then what the hell, go for it.

PullMyFinger
11-10-2005, 01:35 AM
That's different. WWE censors the crowd for no reason at all.

TNA needs to censor out the crowd because marks wont know the hell to cheer for or boo. Makes TNA look really sloppy.

I get so sick of Let's Go AJ!...FALLEN ANGEL! It's like, whos the heel?!

Also, I HATE THE IMPACT ZONE FANS...AND I HATE THAT JEFF HARDY MARK GIRL!

V
11-10-2005, 01:36 AM
that's happend in the WWE as well

"Let's go Cena, Let's go Jericho" (or something to that effect) was chanted for quite a while at summerslam

PullMyFinger
11-10-2005, 01:37 AM
Yeah, that's just a few times, but every single TNA show is like that. A few times is understandable, but when the entire show is like that on a consistant basis...it gets annoying.

V
11-10-2005, 01:38 AM
well if marks can get confused so easily by the fans, then the writing team isn't doing a good job

it shoud really be clear who the face and heel is just by the storyline

but yeah i see your point

RemyRed
11-10-2005, 01:39 AM
K. Just saying for me it gets annoying when it's done EVERY match. Especially when they chant for someone who's blatantly a heel. The best chant to come from the Impact Zone was the "Rodney King" chants from Final Resolution (DDP and Nash double teaming Monty Brown)

Funky Fly
11-10-2005, 02:05 AM
If they were chanting "Huss!" then Petey was either facing The Berzerker (highly unlikely) or Jimmy Jacobs (much more likely).

Mr. JL
11-10-2005, 02:27 AM
TNA needs to get out of Orlando because those fans are fucked. Gosh, I think even Nashville and Tennessee has better crowds... and that is taking into consideration that they will cheer louder for Toby Keith than over half the wrestlers in TNA.

Funky Fly
11-10-2005, 02:34 AM
Why are they in Florida?

Schoenauer
11-10-2005, 02:55 AM
Because Florida is The Smark State? I don't know...

RemyRed
11-10-2005, 03:10 AM
If they were chanting "Huss!" then Petey was either facing The Berzerker (highly unlikely) or Jimmy Jacobs (much more likely).He was up against Chris Sabin that night.

Kane Knight
11-10-2005, 10:30 AM
well if marks can get confused so easily by the fans, then the writing team isn't doing a good job

it shoud really be clear who the face and heel is just by the storyline

but yeah i see your point

If the fans are cheering for the bad guy, they're not doing a good job. The WWE tries to avoid doing a good job by editing the crowds. Remy's basically asking them to be more like the WWE, which is a piss poor way to do things.

Kane Knight
11-10-2005, 10:31 AM
TNA needs to get out of Orlando because those fans are fucked. Gosh, I think even Nashville and Tennessee has better crowds... and that is taking into consideration that they will cheer louder for Toby Keith than over half the wrestlers in TNA.

Doesn't hurt that it's the same fucking fans every week.

Pepsi Man
11-10-2005, 10:39 AM
A crowd has never made me want to watch or not want to watch a show. For me, it's all about what happens between those ropes.

And frankly, why should it matter who the face is and who the heel is? It's not like the fans need to know who to cheer or boo for when TNA comes to their town. :lol:

Kane Knight
11-10-2005, 11:11 AM
A crowd has never made me want to watch or not want to watch a show. For me, it's all about what happens between those ropes.

And frankly, why should it matter who the face is and who the heel is? It's not like the fans need to know who to cheer or boo for when TNA comes to their town. :lol:

It's not like they even have faces and heels. Let's face it, there's no point of complaining that they don't cheer for the faces or heels when there's no scripts, nothing really establishing them, etc.

Pepsi Man
11-10-2005, 11:23 AM
It's not like they even have faces and heels. Let's face it, there's no point of complaining that they don't cheer for the faces or heels when there's no scripts, nothing really establishing them, etc.
Yeah, I guess that's all Remy's after. Editting crowd reaction would be the one way to differentiate them. :D

Kane Knight
11-10-2005, 11:27 AM
Yeah, I guess that's all Remy's after. Editting crowd reaction would be the one way to differentiate them. :D

It'd be a pretty dumb way tho. Of course, they've made no effort to ge tpeople over in any other sense.

Pepsi Man
11-10-2005, 11:34 AM
It'd be a pretty dumb way tho. Of course, they've made no effort to ge tpeople over in any other sense.
Dude, it's TNA.

Kane Knight
11-10-2005, 12:06 PM
You say that as though they've squashed every new face by having them lose in their first feud with Jarret by the next big name coming in, only to repeat the cycle or something like that.

Loose Cannon
11-10-2005, 12:14 PM
I loved the Nashville crowd because they were an old school kind of fan. Again, I bring up the S.E.X. vs Tradition storyline. That crowd booed the shit out of Russo and co. and loved JJ. That's when I became a fan for TNA the first time. From that first show I ordered, I clearly knew who was the good guy, who was the bad guy, why they were fighting, what were thier motives, and why I should care about the storyline.

TNA got me completely hooked with thier shows back then and I continued to spend the $10 every week for a while.

Loose Cannon
11-10-2005, 12:20 PM
oh by the way, I heard news of TNA going to be doing house shows soon. I think there are trying to schedule one in Pitt I believe to start off.

alvarado52
11-10-2005, 12:52 PM
Doesn't hurt that it's the same fucking fans every week.

:y:
No kiddin'. They prolly all know each other by name now. Its like a big ass family reunion/circle jerk. Im sure they gather together before the taping and discuss which random chant they could come up with this week. TNA needs to AT LEAST do shows in a regional type of area like ECW. And its fairly obvious TNA has more funding than ECW did at this stage in their company. Just take the ECW route and run a region. Jus my opinion...

Kane Knight
11-10-2005, 02:33 PM
Hrdf4n1441: wot up i jus talked to k8 n shez down wit the "Jeff Jaret is gay" chant

OOOoooOOOAbyss: I thot we were cheering for guyz n snekers 2nite.

Hrdf4n1441: ya but we had 2 give that ^ bcuz the studio is banning sneakers in teh ring.

OOOoooOOOAbyss: gay

OOOoooOOOAbyss: hey wanna cyber?

Hrdf4n1441: ya ok but make it quick i need 2 get my hair ENIGMA STYLE lololz

Loose Cannon
11-10-2005, 02:39 PM
lol

Sadistic
11-10-2005, 02:43 PM
I like the TNA crowd. Yhey better not start censoring the crowd.
I watch wrestling for wrestling. If I'm watching a great wrestling match and both guys start getting cheers I'm not going to turn it off.
Why don't you just press mute, or better off, watch WWE.

alvarado52
11-10-2005, 05:06 PM
Hrdf4n1441: wot up i jus talked to k8 n shez down wit the "Jeff Jaret is gay" chant

OOOoooOOOAbyss: I thot we were cheering for guyz n snekers 2nite.

Hrdf4n1441: ya but we had 2 give that ^ bcuz the studio is banning sneakers in teh ring.

OOOoooOOOAbyss: gay

OOOoooOOOAbyss: hey wanna cyber?

Hrdf4n1441: ya ok but make it quick i need 2 get my hair ENIGMA STYLE lololz
LMFAO:rofl: :rofl: :y:
Hellza Enigma style

Batsu
11-10-2005, 10:39 PM
There is NO excuse for editing a crowd reaction.

Xero
11-10-2005, 10:52 PM
There is NO excuse for editing a crowd reaction.
Not even when they're going to air on UPN (example) with "Fuck you asshole shithead" chants through a segment?

PullMyFinger
11-10-2005, 11:03 PM
I watch wrestling for wrestling. If I'm watching a great wrestling match and both guys start getting cheers I'm not going to turn it off.
Shut up!

thecc
11-10-2005, 11:04 PM
oh by the way, I heard news of TNA going to be doing house shows soon. I think there are trying to schedule one in Pitt I believe to start off.That could equal problems for TNA depending on how much they pay wrestlers because most wrestlers do indy dates on weekends and some of the top indy workers can rake in a shitload of cash.

Kane Knight
11-10-2005, 11:12 PM

so basically, you contradicted yourself. You watch wrestling for wrestling, so it makes no difference if they edit it or not.

Kane Knight
11-10-2005, 11:13 PM
Not even when they're going to air on UPN (example) with "Fuck you asshole shithead" chants through a segment?

"Let's go nigger!"