PDA

View Full Version : Recording over footage you wish you could've kept

The Naitch
11-12-2005, 05:15 AM
Usually, when something good happens, I record it. But eventually, a few months down the road I record over it. Then a year or two down the road I wish I hadn't recorded over it

What comes to mind is some of the very first episodes of SD! This is when I really started watching wrestling. I never had RAW prior, because I didn't have cable. So I watched SD! and this was when Triple H was the fucking man around this time. "Our Time" hits, and he's the WWF Champion. Other stuff I wish I hadn't recorded over was Austin blowing up DX Express

Man, I miss wrestling in 2000. It was so good back then. Being a mark helped too.:shifty:

And stuff from the summer of 2002. The Rock and Eddie Guerrero promo was nice.

----

It happens every year. Like right now, I'll think that the stuff going on right now isn't great, but maybe in 3 years, I'll look back and remember some memorable moments.

Loose Cannon
11-12-2005, 09:10 AM
I started actually recording moments from Raw and Smackdown starting in 98. I don't record shows, only stuff I knew would be good. But I haven't recorded over anything :cool:

PorkSoda
11-12-2005, 09:17 AM
Not really a recorded over thing right here, but I recorded ECW One Night Stand and it took two VHS tapes cause I had No Way Out on there as well, but I went to pop in ECW again and the fuggin VCR ate the tape. It was completely destroyed. Me in my infinite wisdom tried the other ECW tape and it ate that as well. Now, I don't watch movies on that VCR. I hate VHS. I went out and bought ONS on DVD after that. I don't ever buy PPV's, but I really really like this one.

Loose Cannon
11-12-2005, 09:28 AM
yea, I never buy PPV's eathier. I would buy ONS, but I have the computer files and want to put the original ONS on a DVD.

The only PPV's I'll usually buy (eathier from PPV TV or DVD) are Wrestlemania and Royal Rumble. Maybe Summerslam and Survivor Series at times.

Xero
11-12-2005, 09:46 AM
I just recently stopped recording everything. I just Tivo it on my PC and if it's REALLY good I'll burn it.

I only buy the odd PPV. I buy WrestleMania annually (since 2000) and I buy a PPV that sparks my interest. I also always buy PPVs that I attend.

The One
11-12-2005, 04:24 PM
I forgot to label the Final Nitro, so I by mistake recorded over it. That's the only time I can think of that I recorded over something wrestling related and lived to regret it.

The Greater Power
11-12-2005, 04:37 PM
My sister recorded over my Summerslam 1998 tape a few years ago (back when I had a cheater box :)).

Nowdays, I usually tape just matches and segments that would be worth keeping, like everyone here already said.

I have select RAWs and SDs from the latter part of 2004 (yes, I got the Evolution turn :)) but since July of 2005, I've just been doing specific parts of the show.

Joey Slugs
11-12-2005, 05:47 PM
i let a friend of mine borrow the Owen Tribute Raw and the fucker recorded something for his gf over it. I still haven't been able to find the whole show to be able to watch it again.

Fox
11-13-2005, 01:25 AM
That's the only time I can think of that I recorded over something wrestling related and lived to regret it.

So, you died the other times?

Fox
11-13-2005, 01:27 AM
I accidentally recorded some shitty WCW PPV over Summerslam 2000 (the one with TLC v.1, the Terri/Kat thong stinkface match, and HHH/Angle/Rock) and I was pretty pissed about that.

I also recorded over the Divas Undressed special where they were all on the catwalk and shit. That really pissed me off.

ddpBANG
11-13-2005, 03:16 AM
My dad taped over my D-X: In Your House for a fucking Cubs game. Cubs lost and I got pissed.

redoneja
11-14-2005, 02:00 PM
Accidently taped over the Owen Hart Memorial show, War Games 1996, Survivor Series 1997, and something else...

RGWhat316
11-14-2005, 02:05 PM
I tape majoity of the RAW's and SmackDown's, and over time I do tape over them, but try to save some of the most memorable stuff from each show. But one thing I do regret, is taping over the night Vince announced that he bought WCW. That was such a surreal night.

The Greater Power
11-14-2005, 02:10 PM
Tonight (and SD) are two shows that some people will regret not taping (obviously if they didn't tape them).

I say set your VCRs now.

Team Sheep
11-14-2005, 05:35 PM
Tonight (and SD) are two shows that some people will regret not taping (obviously if they didn't tape them).

I say set your VCRs now.

:y: No doubt.

John la Rock
11-14-2005, 08:21 PM
I really wish I could have taped HBK's promo in Montreal in the summer when Bret's music hit and the crowd went nuts. then after got on Shawn's ass when Bret didn't come out. One of the best heel promos in a long time

The Greater Power
11-14-2005, 08:36 PM
^^ I got that one :)