PDA

View Full Version : I _really_ hate Goldberg.

Jaton
11-17-2005, 07:56 AM
Not as a person, but as a performer. God, I'd rather gouge out my eyes with a spork than watch a Goldberg match.

:rant::foc:

HankScorpio
11-17-2005, 08:11 AM
why did they call it a "spork" why not a "foon" ??

Jaton
11-17-2005, 08:18 AM
Such a perplexing question.

I haven't seen you post in awhile.

HankScorpio
11-17-2005, 08:31 AM
I lost interest in Wrestling (read WWE)

Volare
11-17-2005, 08:34 AM
typical goldberg match.....rahhh, then um.....yell some more....then spit....then spear...then yell even more.....the jackhammer.....then yell again....and spit and yell when he leaves the ring...Oh yeah great entertainment.....(rrriiiight

HankScorpio
11-17-2005, 08:43 AM
I love Goldberg, think about it..
He brought us Gillberg
He was a hilrious joke in WWE
He brought us great insightfull thoughts sucha s "buh?" & "guh?"
His entrance to Summerslam (2003 I think)
these points along cement him into WWE HOF

Volare
11-17-2005, 08:45 AM
gillberg...gillberg...gillberg...

Jaton
11-17-2005, 12:41 PM
Duane Gill. :D

PullMyFinger
11-17-2005, 01:26 PM
Well, Goldberg was a huge draw in WCW.

I actually found him more entertaining in wrestling in WCW b/c they were filled with old hags.

Pegasus Crawford
11-17-2005, 01:42 PM
The time when Goldberk speared his head into the ringpost, knocking himself out was pretty damn hilarious.

Corkscrewed
11-17-2005, 02:55 PM
Indeed. I laughed my ass off because it was so cartoony.

Volare
11-17-2005, 03:02 PM
running through the forrst, running through the forrest...TREE!

Bad Company
11-17-2005, 03:07 PM
I liked Goldberg, and he was wasted in the WWE. Sometimes I think they are trying to destroy themselves

Kane Knight
11-17-2005, 03:08 PM
Goldberg should have been the next Hulk Hogan.

Anyone who wrestles like shit, injures legit wrestlers, has a line as stupid as "Who's next?" as a catchphrase, can't cut a promo to save his life, looks like a total retard, and still gets people to cheer him on in droves deserves the undying respect of any rue wrestling fan.

They so totally pulled one on the rubes.

Xero
11-17-2005, 03:11 PM
Goldberg should have been the next Hulk Hogan.

Anyone who wrestles like shit, injures legit wrestlers, has a line as stupid as "Who's next?" as a catchphrase, can't cut a promo to save his life, looks like a total retard, and still gets people to cheer him on in droves deserves the undying respect of any rue wrestling fan.

They so totally pulled one on the rubes.
To be fair to Hogan, he has a bigger vocabulary than "buh" and "you is next RAAAWWRRR!"...

Kane Knight
11-17-2005, 03:37 PM
To be fair to Hogan, he has a bigger vocabulary than "buh" and "you is next RAAAWWRRR!"...

"I didn't say we were bigger than Jesus, just that we were more popular."

I'm not saying Hogan's completely useless and prone to cripple people, just saying the guy should have been as huge as Hulkamania.

Chavo Classic
11-17-2005, 03:40 PM
I love Goldberg, think about it..
He brought us Gillberg
He was a hilrious joke in WWE
He brought us great insightfull thoughts sucha s "buh?" & "guh?"
His entrance to Summerslam (2003 I think)
these points along cement him into WWE HOF

...and then he gave us that immortal moment when he literally came out of a closet as one of his entrances on RAW. Brilliantly stupid! :D

PullMyFinger
11-17-2005, 04:06 PM
Gillberg was awesome hahaha.

How many losses did he get? 0-20?

Chavo Classic
11-17-2005, 04:49 PM
You can laugh, but the guy was Cruiser champion (unofficially) for over a year

RemyRed
11-17-2005, 04:57 PM
Goldberg was the man.

GODSON
11-17-2005, 06:31 PM
I have the Goldberg vs.DDP Halloween Havoc match on my computer and it shows Goldberg strengths really well. I actually think he carry DDP that match. Goldberg did his job in the ring in WCW as a monster was not technically sound but got the crowd excited. At the end of the day if you can get the crowd into the show then you doing your JOB.

Xero
11-17-2005, 06:33 PM
At the end of the day if you can get the crowd into the show then you doing your JOB.
Hmmm. Well, that explains why so many good wrestlers in the WWE job.

GODSON
11-17-2005, 06:43 PM
Hmmm. Well, that explains why so many good wrestlers in the WWE job.

Well WWE has been acting like fools lately and out of their minds. That's a bigger problem they have too fix.

Drakul
11-17-2005, 09:08 PM
The time when Goldberk speared his head into the ringpost, knocking himself out was pretty damn hilarious.
Indeed. I laughed my ass off because it was so cartoony.
*George of the Jungle theme*
Bill, Bill, Biiill Goldberg watch out for that... *CLANG!!*..nevermind.

Kane Knight
11-17-2005, 10:20 PM
I have the Goldberg vs.DDP Halloween Havoc match on my computer and it shows Goldberg strengths really well. I actually think he carry DDP that match. Goldberg did his job in the ring in WCW as a monster was not technically sound but got the crowd excited. At the end of the day if you can get the crowd into the show then you doing your JOB.

Which is why we should be fans of him. He does his job above and beyond the call of duty, while these net smarks lament nobodies like Charlie Haas.

Lara Emily
11-18-2005, 02:19 AM
...and then he gave us that immortal moment when he literally came out of a closet as one of his entrances on RAW. Brilliantly stupid! :D

That was great

Lara Emily
11-18-2005, 02:21 AM

God Goldberg did not carry DDP, that match was hands down the best match in Goldberg's career but that's because DDP at that time was a hard worker who knew what to do to get the best out of G-Berg, if anyone was carried in that match it was Goldberg

Kane Knight
11-18-2005, 02:29 AM
Oh Good. Retard arguing with retard.

*Gets popcorn*

Destor
11-18-2005, 02:46 AM
Which is why we should be fans of him. He does his job above and beyond the call of duty, while these net smarks lament nobodies like Charlie Haas.
No doubt. But these smarks (on an average) are marks. Instead of gravitating toward what is good for business (i.e. Cena [Sadistic, listen up!]) they gravitate toward technical wrestlers or some gossip story they've read on the Internet thinking thats somehow a quality that isn't markish.

It seems like they think that having more "insider" knowledge or liking something other than what everybody else likes somehow means they are not marks.

To me what separates the marks from... uhh.... not marks, is their ability to say push this guy its what the marks/morons/masses want to see instead of push this guy he's talented, I like him, he puts on great matches, etc. Its the people who realize its not about what I want, but what the largest portion of the audience wants. And thats your Bill Goldbergs (hate him,) Hulk Hogans (hate him,) and John Cenas (not hating him as much, but I'm not fond of him.) They may not entertain me as fan, but I would push them just like everyone else has.

I have no clue what I am ranting about....meh.

Kane Knight
11-18-2005, 02:56 AM
I still think he sucks, but yeah. He was BIG BUSINESS, so he should have been run with.

And then shot when he was no longer useful.