PDA

View Full Version : A thought about Rey

BigDaddyCool
11-19-2005, 11:12 AM
So far Rey has been able to beat Eddie Guerrero on multiple occasions, and just beat Shawn Micheals nice and clean. I'm not sure if he has beaten Beniot yet, but if he hasn't recently, he needs to beat him and Angle. If he does all of this, he would have enough background for WWE to put together one of those video montages and give him a championship push. I could honestly see Rey going over either Cena in a regular match, or Batista in a gaint killer match.

So if WWE was to be interested in such a thing, they could probably get that going pretty soon.

Loose Cannon
11-19-2005, 12:07 PM
I would love for them to give Rey a run. He deserves it.

Danny Electric
11-19-2005, 12:16 PM
As much as I love Rey, I don't see it happening at the moment. I guess it depends on who is the next Smackdown champion. I seriously don't see a programme between Rey and Batista/Cena.

snakeboss
11-19-2005, 12:30 PM
Rey Mysterio has beat Chris Benoit once in a huge upset apparently, by the time Rey debuted, haven't seen it so don't know if he won cleanly.

Londoner
11-19-2005, 01:32 PM
I can see Rey becoming Champion at some point, it'll be good because in every match he'll be the underdog due to his size obviously.

Jordan
11-19-2005, 01:44 PM
A world title feud with a heel Benoit and face Mysterio would be amazing.

Funky Fly
11-19-2005, 03:52 PM
Mysterio beat Angle twice already and Benoit once.

snakeboss
11-19-2005, 05:06 PM
I know Mysterio has beat Angle in Battle Royales and Tag matches but I never knew he beat him one on one.

BigDaddyCool
11-19-2005, 05:17 PM
I know Mysterio has beat Angle in Battle Royales and Tag matches but I never knew he beat him one on one.

Yeah, that is what I was going for.

Gouda
11-19-2005, 05:20 PM
It will never happen.

Cause when he puts the Big Gold Belt around his waist, most of him won't be visible anymore. :shifty:

Funky Fly
11-19-2005, 06:54 PM
Mysterio beat Angle the first time in his WWE debut match.

Funky Fly
11-19-2005, 06:54 PM
Angle went on to say "I can't believe I lost to a 12 year old".

The Naitch
11-19-2005, 06:56 PM
Didnt Rey face Chavo in his WWE debut match?

Then he faced Kurt at SummerSlam

Then he got a rematch against Kurt somewhere down the road. And a couple of matches with Kurt a year later

The Naitch
11-19-2005, 06:58 PM
Angle went on to say "I can't believe I lost to a 12 year old".

Didnt he say "I got pinned by a freakin' 12 year old"

Was it a tag match or something?

Funky Fly
11-19-2005, 06:59 PM
Nah, one on one. Whatever, FUCK.

Destor
11-19-2005, 07:05 PM
He lost a tag and a singles. Your both right.

Funky Fly
11-19-2005, 07:14 PM
Whatever, FUCK.

hb2k
11-19-2005, 09:17 PM
Yeh, it was the six man tag with Rey, Edge and Cena (Team White Meat Babyface) Vs. Angle, Benoit and, I believe, Eddie.

Rey pinned Angle, which started the feud.

Fox
11-19-2005, 09:35 PM
Then Angle beat Rey at Summerslam, and again on Smackdown, and again earlier this year (late last year? I forget.) However, I do not remember Rey Mysterio cleanly defeating Kurt Angle at any point over their careers together.

Also, I don't remember Rey ever beating Chris Benoit in the WWE.

I believe Rey Mysterio is in line for a world title run sometime soon. As much as I hate to say it, I also believe that it has a lot do with the recent death of Eddie Guerrero. Mysterio was his best friend and it would be a very emotional title victory for Rey to come back from this huge loss and become World Champion for the first time in his career.

I'm not trying to suggest that the WWE are trying to take advantage of this emotional time for both the fans and the superstars. I'm saying this because Rey has been built up as a legitimate main event calibur wrestler for the past year, and his time is coming soon.

Mr. Nerfect
11-19-2005, 11:24 PM
I'm fairly certain Rey Mysterio got some kind of pinfall victory over Kurt Angle earlier this year. I don't think it was completely clean, though.

With Rey Mysterio's WCW wins against the like of Kevin Nash and Chris Benoit; his WWE wins against Eddie Guerrero, Shawn Michaels, Kurt Angle & JBL and his popularity, I can easily see Rey Mysterio geting a sho at the belt sometime.

If I had things my way, it would be Chris Benoit vs. Rey Mysterio for the World Heavyweight Championship at the Royal Rumble.

Ruien
11-20-2005, 02:31 AM
Mysterio beat Angle the first time in his WWE debut match.

Rey beat Chavo in his debut match. I believe you picked this off a other thread that posted Rey beat Kurt.

Was still a awesome match with Chavo and Rey.

snakeboss
11-20-2005, 04:39 AM
A profile of all Rey's matches in WWE, WCW & ECW.

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/profiles/r/rey-mysterio.html

The Naitch
11-20-2005, 06:37 AM
I can see Rey holding whatever Heavyweight title that belongs on SD! but I see him being US Champ first.

Rey won't be a long term champ but more of a transitional champ for a month or two. Although I wouldn't be surprised if he holds it for the typical 5 month reign.

I still think they should stick the CW title on him to give it more credibility though.

What Would Kevin Do?
11-20-2005, 06:54 AM
I stand by my claim that Rey should win the rumble and fight Batista at Mania... Of course my original plan was for Rey to turn heel after enlisting the help of Eddie :(

Still, I like the idea that Rey goes into Mania the underdog, going off the whole "You can do it" vibe, only to turn heel and cheat to win.

The Naitch
11-20-2005, 07:34 AM
Rey will never be heel.

What Would Kevin Do?
11-20-2005, 07:56 AM
Rey will never be heel.

Oh, why not? I could turn him into an uber hated heel easily ;)

The Naitch
11-20-2005, 08:30 AM
how?

The Naitch
11-20-2005, 08:31 AM
the only way I can turn him heel is if he turns his back on his mexican heritage kinda like Kerwin White

What Would Kevin Do?
11-20-2005, 09:11 AM
how?

Have him win the title off of Batista real cheap, by doing something like coutering the Batista bomb by blasting him in the head with the ring bell. have the announcers play off the fact that Rey has always overcome the odd fairly, and why did he have to tarnish his big moment by cheating.

Next show, have Rey come out and give a big thank you... To himself. Have him denounce the fans, say all they ever wanted from him was to be a human highlight reel, and all thagt ever got him was hurt. Have him say it was the fans that held him back, because he took to many risks trying to excite them.

Then have him "tease" high risk moves in his matches, only to not do them. Change his style to using less high flying moves for a bit, denouncing his lucha style just like he did the fans.

Of course, we couldn't do that long term because Rey would be to limited in the ring. If he was only a transistional champ though, and only had to do it for a few months, it could work out well. For added effect, maybe have Dibiase manage him, have him take off the mask (I'm waaaay against this, but it would work) and wear a suit.

When you have to turn him face, have him say that his wife was sick, and he needed money for an operation, and the only person he could get it from was Dibiase. However, to get the money, Dibiase made him do everything he did, including denounce the fans...

There you go. Uber heel, and back to face.

I'm a booking genius :)

What Would Kevin Do?
11-20-2005, 09:13 AM
Also, I give credit to Mick Foley and his ECW anti-hardcore angle for the inspiration.

UmbrellaCorporation
11-20-2005, 11:59 AM
Meh, maybe he deserves it, but I can't get into watching him. Never could, even in other promotions.