PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Guerrero's DVD.

snakeboss
11-19-2005, 12:37 PM
I'm going to get Eddie's dvd this Christmas in memory of Eddie, it looks really good, could someone tell me what it's all about and how long is the actual documentary? I also hear the Los Guerrero's vigettes are on there?

Can someone sum it up?

Also, one of the matches are:

Ladder Match for the Intercontinental championship: Now this was a good ladder match between Eddie and RVD. Two ladders and a chair was used in this in some very hard hitting moves. Eddie powerbombed RVD off the ladder, RVd gave Eddie a kick which sent the chair into eddie's face. A scary moment though when Eddie fell off the ladder and almost fell on one of the legs on the floor, and when RVd lost his balance and fell as well. A great ladder match. 9/10

Is this the match where a fan pushes Eddie off the ladder and Eddie punches him, if so is it still in?

Loose Cannon
11-19-2005, 12:38 PM
Great DVD

They cut the part with the fan

mrslackalack
11-19-2005, 12:41 PM
Its a great DVD. good doc. Every match on the DVD is excellent to watch. Lots of different types of matches and from different feds. The LG Vigenttes are on there and are hilarous. This DVD was however I believe the lowest selling superstar DVD but after his death I believe that wont be the case anymore.

One of the best WWE dvds.

Savio
11-19-2005, 12:58 PM
Whoa is LODs DVD doing better?

hb2k
11-19-2005, 01:02 PM
The documentary was featured on UPN, which may be a reason for the initial lower sales. It's about 40-50 minutes long, and while it is an extraordinary piece, they really could have gone into more detail about his life. The extras are good, with a lot of good matches, including the Eddie/RVD ladder match (with Eddie/RVD commentary), Rey Vs. Eddie from 97 Havoc (with Eddie/Rey commentary), A match with Benoit from Vengeance 2003 which is excellent, his title win, match from When World Collide, among others.

The documentaty and message given is especially tragic considering what has happened.

Londoner
11-19-2005, 01:05 PM
I'm also getting this DVD for christmas, there's some matches of his I want tos ee again, like the one at No Way Out against lesnar for example, just to experience that moment again when he won the title.

snakeboss
11-19-2005, 01:06 PM
What's their commentary like, I'm curious.

Rey: There Eddie is kicking me in the face, oh I countered it, now I'm going for the dropkick...

????????????????????????????????????????????

Loose Cannon
11-19-2005, 01:16 PM
lol.

Todd Grissom is the best

Todd: So Japanese wrestling is a lot like Lucha Libre, right Chris?

Benoit: No, they are nothing alike Todd. :lol:

That's on Benoit's DVD though

LK
11-19-2005, 01:22 PM
I liked the DVD but I thought that it was a little short. It barely mentioned his time in Japan, ECW and WCW.

hb2k
11-19-2005, 01:22 PM
Grisham: "So, how did you guys get into Japan"

Malenko: "Airplane"

Now why couldn't he have been that funny in his career?

mrslackalack
11-19-2005, 09:48 PM
The doc was eerie when Dean Malenko said he didnt want to hear his friend Eddie Gurerrero was found dead in his hotel room.

The Greater Power
11-19-2005, 10:07 PM
The DVD is worth buying for the Lesnar and Mysterio matches alone.

In fact, there is alternate commentary for the Mysterio match, Eddie and Rey do it. That part is very cool.

They could have probably doubled the length of the actual documentary.

That's really the only "somewhat" flaw (doc. being too short), but it is still an AMAZING DVD.

mrslackalack
11-19-2005, 10:17 PM
could have probably doubled the length of the actual documentary.

That's really the only "somewhat" flaw (doc. being too short), but it is still an AMAZING DVD.[/QUOTE]

Yeah besides ECW and LOD and Jake, you can say that for every other DVD.

Nick Venom
11-20-2005, 01:01 AM
What's their commentary like, I'm curious.

Rey: There Eddie is kicking me in the face, oh I countered it, now I'm going for the dropkick...

????????????????????????????????????????????
There's three alternate commentary tracks:

Malenko vs. Guerrero - ECW w/ Todd Grisham, Dean Malenko, Eddie Guerrero

Rey Jr. vs. Guerrero - Halloween Havoc w/ Michael Cole, Rey Jr. Eddie Guerrero

RVD vs. Guerrero - RAW Ladder Match w/ Todd Grisham, RVD, Eddie Guerrero

They are like director commentaries.

My favorite one is for the RVD/Guerrero commentary:

*Latino Heat music comes*
Todd Grisham: So, do you miss this music?
Eddie Guerrero: Ugh, no.

Nick Venom
11-20-2005, 02:28 AM
This DVD was however I believe the lowest selling superstar DVD
:-\ :(

That's such a shame, because it's a great DVD.

snakeboss
11-20-2005, 04:33 AM
Well when I went to the shop to get it yesterday, I know they had loads of copies but the guy said 'sold out'

raafaello22
11-20-2005, 08:42 AM
Great DVD

RGWhat316
11-21-2005, 03:54 AM
Well when I went to the shop to get it yesterday, I know they had loads of copies but the guy said 'sold out'

Same here. I originally didn't buy the DVD due to having taped the special that was on UPN. But I tried to get a copy this week, and were all gone.

Ben Rodrigues
11-21-2005, 05:44 AM
Anyone getting the new book?

John la Rock
11-21-2005, 10:14 AM
I think I will definately pick it up

The Greater Power
11-21-2005, 02:56 PM
Kinda off topic, but does anyone have Eddie/JBL from Judgment Day 2004 on their computer that they would be willing to upload?