PDA

View Full Version : Next Smackdown: Orton V.S. Batista. Benoit V.S. Booker.

snakeboss
11-19-2005, 01:04 PM
Go to WWE.com.

Orton will face Batista in a No Holds Barred Match for the World Heavyweight Championship.

Chris Benoit will face Booker T for the United States Championship.

-------------------------------------------------------------

It looks like we're gonna have a new World Heavyweight Champion. I just hope Orton is ready this time.

Come on Benoit, please win this match. Don't WWE realize that if they give him a belt he'll most probably re-sign???

Also is Benoit still under WWE contract, I thought it said his contract would expire in two weeks, three weeks ago???

Savio
11-19-2005, 01:07 PM
good I'm tired of batista.

Londoner
11-19-2005, 01:29 PM
Why are you tired of batista?I've been enjoying watching batista recently.

loopydate
11-19-2005, 01:34 PM
His stuff with Eddie was really entertaining.

JH
11-19-2005, 01:41 PM
batista is injured it's common knowledge now
orton new champ

snakeboss
11-19-2005, 01:42 PM
Eddie & Batista's segments were the reason I watched Smackdown every week. I don't know how Batista will be now, but give him a chance.

Funky Fly
11-19-2005, 03:51 PM
I thought the title said "Batista vs Orton vs Benoit" at first. Got my hopes up for a good replacement for Eddie as new champ. :(

Kane Knight
11-19-2005, 04:00 PM
Wrestlers have been known to sign extensions, re-sign, or even work per diem. I don't know if the original report on Benoit was right, but there's you answer if so.

Taker Fan
11-19-2005, 04:20 PM
It's also been announced that Orton is now on Team Smackdown

Destor
11-19-2005, 04:51 PM
New world Heavy champ. Booker retains. That simple. Benoit/Booker should have a good match though.

Destor
11-19-2005, 04:55 PM
I like how no one taking Eddie's spot in the M.E. Its symbolic, in a way, that no one can take Eddie's place.

Cool King
11-19-2005, 05:08 PM
Benoit won't win the U.S Title, but at the Main Event, he'll come to the ring and he'll be in the match for the World Heavyweight Title, and he'll win it.

Tornado
11-19-2005, 06:06 PM
Seeing as Smackdown is in the UK that week, does that mean that we (and I) could be seeing the first, (irc) World Title change hands overseas?

JH
11-19-2005, 08:13 PM
Benoit won't win the U.S Title, but at the Main Event, he'll come to the ring and he'll be in the match for the World Heavyweight Title, and he'll win it.

that would be awesome

loopydate
11-19-2005, 10:11 PM
Like Mike Awesome at (I think) Heatwave 1998. Taz and Masato set to square off, Awesome comes out of the crowd and demands the shot. Taz is a fighting champion, why not?

This time around, it's Batista doing a mutual friend a favor. He was friends with Eddie. Benoit was Eddie's best friend. You want the shot? You got it.

Would make for a great story, for sure.

Taker Fan
11-19-2005, 10:44 PM
Isn't still 5 on 5?

Batista, Orton, Rey, JBL, Lashley vs. HBK, Carlito, Kane, Show, Masters

:?:

Mr. Nerfect
Randy Orton is replacing Eddie Guerrero in the Survivor Series Match. That being said, I don't think Orton will win the belt, unless they take Batista our of the match.

I just can't see Batista and Orton teaming up after a title change. Orton injuring Batista (with help from Ken Kennedy?) could really make Orton a top heel, take Batista out of the match, and cause friction between Orton and the other members of Team SmackDown!.

For some reason, I hope they have Benoit win the WWE United States Championship, again, come out and say that since the US Champion is default #1 Contender, he should be able to cash in a title shot, Theodore Long and Batista agree, the match is made a Triple Threat, and Chris Benoit wins the belt. Having Chris Benoit win the WWE United States Championship and World Heavyweight Championship in the same night puts him in a great position, lets Batista and Orton join Team SmackDown! without as much tension between the two, and you can have a Two Fall Match between Booker T and Chris Benoit for both titles down the line.

Vietnamese Crippler
Like Mike Awesome at (I think) Heatwave 1998. Taz and Masato set to square off, Awesome comes out of the crowd and demands the shot. Taz is a fighting champion, why not?

Just FYI, it was Anarchy Rulz 1999 :)

RemyRed
11-20-2005, 06:23 AM
Batista's rehabbing the injury, so he'll only be out a for a short time is what I read. (4 weeks was it?)

snakeboss
11-20-2005, 06:33 AM
yeah, 4-6 weeks.

addy2hotty
11-20-2005, 08:33 AM
Uh Orton as champ. Doubt I'll be watching SD for a while

Londoner
11-20-2005, 11:17 AM
A2H, whats the point in making stupid statements like that?Smackdown needs a top heel, Orton is in a perfect place at the moment to take over that role for smackdown.It could be an interesting title reign for Orton.

Extreme Angle
11-20-2005, 11:31 AM
ye damb right...
i think that orton will win the title and i nstory injure then benoit takes his place...
so it would then be
lashley, orton, rey, jbl and benoit vs kane, show, hbk. carlito and masters

loopydate
11-20-2005, 01:10 PM
Just FYI, it was Anarchy Rulz 1999 :)

Right! Now, if I were at home and could have checked my video cabinet, I would have known that the first time. Stupid bad memory.

Schoenauer
11-20-2005, 11:32 PM
Batista's had the title long enough, it's somebody else's turn to hold it. Orton's a good choice.