PDA

View Full Version : TNA draws lowest rating yet

PullMyFinger
11-22-2005, 05:41 PM
The rating for TNA's Impact dropped again this past Saturday as the show scored a 0.6 rating. In Males 18-49, they scored a .6 and in Males 18-34, they pulled a .7. The average audience was 618,000 viewers. This past week's show was really strong and featured the debut of former WWE star Christian Cage, which does make the drop even more unsettling.

credit: PWInsider.com

http://www.talktna.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8546

Loose Cannon
11-22-2005, 05:43 PM
I blame the whole Rhino fiasco

Loose Cannon
11-22-2005, 05:43 PM
and Sabu

Xero
11-22-2005, 05:44 PM
I blame people like Sadistic.

UmbrellaCorporation
11-22-2005, 06:08 PM
Aside from Christian, I cared nothing about the rest of the show. It's better than I thought it would be, so I have to give TNA credit for that. But it failed to keep me entertained when Christian wasn't on the screen.

Savio
11-22-2005, 06:15 PM
yeah why was rhino champ :?:

Chavo Classic
11-22-2005, 06:20 PM
That's it - TNA are fucked.

:shifty:

What's the problem? They've had a dip - big fucking deal. I think we all expected some sort of decline after the initial buzz and hype had worn off. It doesn't mean anything at all. Just wait until TNA and Spike have found their stride and start attracting a new and regular audience

Xero
11-22-2005, 06:28 PM
That's it - TNA are fucked.

:shifty:

What's the problem? They've had a dip - big fucking deal. I think we all expected some sort of decline after the initial buzz and hype had worn off. It doesn't mean anything at all. Just wait until TNA and Spike have found their stride and start attracting a new and regular audience
So are you saying that Spike is going to keep TNA even if they completely bomb? They have an arguably big goldmine with the UFC, which pulls numbers twice TNA's size.

They should, and probably will drop TNA if the ratings continue to decline. If Spike gave TNA a better time slot at this point in time they would have to leave it there for a LONG time before they start seeing significant progress, and they'll be losing ad revenue in that period with a company that they don't even know will be around two years from now.

McLegend
11-22-2005, 06:28 PM
Spike isn't dropping TNA anytime soon

Chavo Classic
11-22-2005, 06:35 PM
So are you saying that Spike is going to keep TNA even if they completely bomb? They have an arguably big goldmine with the UFC, which pulls numbers twice TNA's size.

They should, and probably will drop TNA if the ratings continue to decline...

No, I'm not saying that. I'm saying that a blip in the ratings for the next few weeks doesn't mean anything. There's pretty much going to be a thread every week for the next few months or so now about how TNA's ratings are lower than when first aired.

If that surprises anyone, then they're an idiot and a tool. TNA will hit its stride and eventually pull in steady figures. The sad thing is that a lot of smarks are expecting an immeadiate hit - it isn't going to happen. Ratings take time and will grow as word catches on.

Ruien
11-22-2005, 06:40 PM
I watched it.............. enjoyed it also.

PullMyFinger
11-22-2005, 07:43 PM
Honestly, except for the initial Joe segment and for the ending which featured Christian, I didn't give a damn at all about the match ups.

It seems like its the same 4 people every TNA main event on Spike...Hardy, Abyss, Rhino, and Sabu. I'm annoyed with it.

Personally, I'd just put TNA on Thurs. Nights from 9-11...because the Saturday night slot sucks..I didn't even watch it b/c I was out with friends. Keep it on Thursday nights, and I'm pretty sure by the end of one full year they'll pull in at least 1.3 ratings.

However, as it pertains to this rating...lmao whatever happened to Sadistic's "once people see TNA, they'll watch it again and again and again."

Loose Cannon
11-22-2005, 07:48 PM
I think his theory is actually doing the opposite.

Once people watch TNA, they'll never watch again

PullMyFinger
11-22-2005, 08:09 PM
hahahaha

And also lmao @ the TNA marks making up excuses for TNA's decline in the ratings. Some of those people are just unreal.

TNA is declining for a reason...Jarrett, maybe the 6 sided ring?, the Bush League production?

YOUR Hero
11-22-2005, 08:26 PM
production vaues need to imporve, agreed. Seems very bush league. Image is everything.

RemyRed
11-22-2005, 08:57 PM
Oh. I forgot to watch again...

Xero
11-22-2005, 09:02 PM
Oh. I forgot to watch again...

RemyRed
11-22-2005, 09:04 PM
Kevin Nash's heart attack just made me stop caring as much.

KingofOldSchool
11-22-2005, 09:50 PM
Rick Steiner is holding Christian and TNA back.

BigDaddyCool
11-22-2005, 11:25 PM
Maybe they would get a better audience if they had it on when the target deomgraphic was home watching tv, not out trying to have fun.

Funky Fly
11-22-2005, 11:37 PM
Rick Steiner is holding Christian and TNA back.
Well, payback's a bitch, ain't it.? :'(

Mr. JL
11-22-2005, 11:56 PM
Besides for the Christian Cage-Monty Brown segment, that Impact sucked balls.

Pepsi Man
11-23-2005, 12:33 AM
production vaues need to imporve, agreed. Seems very bush league. Image is everything.
Image is nothing. Thirst is everything. Obey your thirst.

On a serious note, though, I don't see how people can say that this was "expected" because of the "initial buzz" wearing off. When the "initial buzz" wasn't anything to speak of, that was "just the beginning".

Frankly, as much as I disagree with a lot of things TNA, I'll give them some credit. I mean, with Eddie's death, I wouldn't be surprised if some that would normally watch TNA were on the internet watching the tributes or instead of taping TNA, just decided to watch some old Eddie matches this week, for one thing. (and no, I'm not trying to "downplay" the death of Eddie Guerrero as "nothing more" than reasons for ratings going up or down for shows, so please don't misconstrue my words.)

Oh, and on another note, lmao, I guess Konnan on the show was right. "This ain't ratings week."

Kane Knight
11-23-2005, 12:35 AM
I blame people like Sadistic.

Retards like sadistic are what keep TNA from having a .2 rating.

I blame idiots who thinkthat Sadistic's a good marker for how to sell a show.

Pepsi Man
11-23-2005, 12:41 AM
Poor Sadistic.

Kane Knight
11-23-2005, 12:43 AM
hahahaha

And also lmao @ the TNA marks making up excuses for TNA's decline in the ratings. Some of those people are just unreal.

TNA is declining for a reason...Jarrett, maybe the 6 sided ring?, the Bush League production?

Here's my top 5:

1. Characters. We lack strong face/heel axes, axises, whatever. While Sadistic and TNA's 5 other tardcore fans insist that all you need is storytelling in the ring, that's not what sells TV, and if it was, we'd have seen TNA outscoring the WWE by now. While the WWE has killed their product with characters and storyarcs, it's because they overproduce everything.

2. Production. Yeah, like others are saying, it looks like shit. A poor man's WCW.

3. Jarrett. I don't think I need to say more.

4. Time slot. Both the TNA slots are shit, and randomly switching to a primetime slot doesn't help. People have to know it's on to watch.

5. The roster. Buying up the WWE's leftovers, a champ who jobbed to Chyna of all people, bland faceless folks normal fans can't connect with, and maybe a couple of potential stars. They look like chumps.

Kane Knight
11-23-2005, 12:45 AM
I think his theory is actually doing the opposite.

Once people watch TNA, they'll never watch again

Yeah, I can't get any of my friends to watch it anymore.

And wrestling's not as fun to watch alone. Especially since I love arguing with my friends. "God, I hate Kurt Angle!"

The Naitch
11-23-2005, 02:45 AM
Kane Knight has friends?

The Naitch
jk buddy. I'm your #1 friend ;)

The Naitch
e-friend*

Volare
11-24-2005, 07:55 AM
lol it seems that whoever the new guy is coming in wants a shot automatically at the title. the only successful champ i've seen is AJ Styles, good rivalries in the X-Division and the matches are pretty good

Londoner
11-24-2005, 10:56 AM
What excuses are TNA fans using for the poor ratings?

Kane Knight
11-24-2005, 11:41 AM
What excuses are TNA fans using for the poor ratings?

TNA will be totally stumped on why it done that rating. Im not sure you can call this one just a one off, considering the rating last week. Maybe is its still the after effects of the primetime special throwing people off track to when the show is on, its the only real thing I can point to, everything was fine before it.

I think the real reason is the non-advertising of the show by Spike TV...I really don't understand these poor ratings, in my opinion TNA would have been pass 1.0 in primetime special, but it didn't...I repeat, I don't understand Spike TV, because TNA in my opinion is not guilty...

Not that surprising. It was another big college football weekend between the Iron Bowl, USC's really tough game, etc. This is the peak of college football season so TNA is going to have it tough

My interesting but unreal theory is that Vince McMahon made a deal with SpikeTV to make TNA come off as being worse than WWE.

How on earth does a show maintain a .8? The primetime special rating made NO sense at all. And a DECLINE in ratings? Still makes no sense.

Things to look at are: Pre-emptions, Cities that may have been without cable/satellite due to storms, low promotion by SpikeTV.

Another factor that is hurting them is the fact that their shows are taped, not live. Live shows can garner higher ratings than taped. With TNA, most of their core audience is on the internet, and most read the taping results. If its something that doesn't fit their tastes, they don't watch.

Or, to go the low road, maybe the quality of shows they've been doing has turned people away.

Maybe not enough people know that Christian is in TNA, and are still watching WWE thinking hes just out on injury leave or vacation.

Some things just aren't adding up. Maybe some of us should contact SpikeTV and ask them to promote TNA just a bit more instead of an hour before they come on.

^^^^One of my faves.

Whenever a new show is pre-empted it gets low ratings the next time around, because people forget about it. TNA has been on the air for almost 2 month and it is about to be pre-empted for the second time. I just hope the next primetime special pulls it in big and leads up to a bigger viewership for saturday nights. If TNA did not get pre-empted that first time, I bet they would get even better ratings today. But who knows? I just hope TNA pulls a higher score. It is up to us to tell our friends and to tell our friends to tell our friends to watch and to tell their friends and to watch and tell their friends and to watch and and to watch and tell their friends and to watch and and to watch and tell their friends and to watch and and to watch and tell their friends and to watch and and to watch and tell their friends and to watch and and to watch and tell their friends and to watch and and to watch and tell their friends and to watch and... I think you get the point.

Aargh....but how....

I don't think this is TNA's fault, maybe people just aren't watching it! We need to get more people watching! Is it the Saturday late night timeslot? Not sure has any show on a Saturday night at that time scored big? That is really really dissapointing....

Like I told you last week. TNA are finally doing good entertainment and what used to be their main audiecne -the purists + some net fans- get turned away by it. That's why the rating drops and no thats not an lame excuse like superbowl was on...

They gotta get the word out though. Advertise like crazy because right now TNA are at their peak!

If no one knows about it then what? The shows can be written by the ptb and no one would tune in.

Its simple, while in ring product might be good, the atmosphere of TNA makes it feel like 2nd rate. when you factor in the annoying crowd chants, 6 sided ring, lame entrances, and bad acting its inevitable that ratings are gonna drop.

IMHO in order for TNA to draw in more ratings, they need to step up in production values and change the venue from Orlando to somewhere else.

There's more, but I'm lazy.

McLegend
11-24-2005, 11:43 AM
The Vince Mcmahon one is Hilarious.

PullMyFinger
11-24-2005, 12:00 PM
hahahahhaahahahha That Vinny Mac excuse was my favorite as well when I read it. I was like how retarded can someone get?!

Londoner
11-24-2005, 12:03 PM
Thanks KK, LOL@those reasons, except the last one.

Maybe if those TNA fans actually looked a bit harder at the problem they would see what it is.That's why they don't understand it.

Pepsi Man
11-24-2005, 12:34 PM
Jesus. Talk about excuses.

Kane Knight
11-24-2005, 01:33 PM
Thanks KK, LOL@those reasons, except the last one.

Maybe if those TNA fans actually looked a bit harder at the problem they would see what it is.That's why they don't understand it.

On the contrary. I think they are looking too hard for the reason. You know, missing the forest...If only they'd get all the damn trees out of the way, we might find it!

TNA fans have invested so much passion for a diverse number of reasons, but they've lost all perspective in the process.

Londoner
11-24-2005, 01:43 PM
The only reason people have got into TNA is because they want something different other than the WWE, I think that's why they don't want to accept they are watching shit when they watch TNA.When will they wake up and realise TNA is just basically JJ's toy to play with?

Kane Knight
11-24-2005, 02:03 PM
Some people just want wrestling. Which, granted, is an alternative to the WWE, but not everyone is into TNA just to rival the WWE. Granted, the fanboys who are most vocal usually are the "FUK U VINCE!!!1111" crowd, but that's because it's usually the dumbest who are vocal defending a losing brand.

Somewhere out there, there is an Atari fanboy swearing by his Lynx.

Honestly, I think TNA has everything it needs to succeed under its own power, if they ever get serious about this shit. They have stellar performers (When not sticking to annoying spotfests), they have charisma. They have everything they need to succeed except for the desire. Or the competence. Take your pick.

Sadistic
11-24-2005, 02:22 PM
The only reason people have got into TNA is because they want something different other than the WWE
Yeah, wrestling.

Londoner
11-24-2005, 02:24 PM
Yeah, wrestling.

Unfortunately for you, just wrestling isn't what appeals to the majority.

Kane Knight
11-24-2005, 02:34 PM
Yeah, Spotfests.

Kane Knight
11-24-2005, 02:35 PM
Let me guess, Sadistic. You became a fan of wrestling about the time Matt and Jeff entered the scene. You have this noble notion that THIS is what real wrestling is. :)

Kane Knight
11-24-2005, 02:38 PM
Unfortunately for you, just wrestling isn't what appeals to the majority.

Unfortunately for me, they don't really do "Just wrestling" that well.

Destor
11-25-2005, 09:55 PM
I'm a little late, but I blame the lack of substance.

Destor
11-25-2005, 09:57 PM
Spotfest do not equal good wrestling for the record.

Kane Knight
11-25-2005, 11:12 PM
Spotfest do not equal good wrestling for the record.

Oh, and John Cena does? You're not a true wrestling fan! CEEEEEEEEZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWYOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!