PDA

View Full Version : Austin/Benoit after ppv

spd10000
01-26-2004, 12:45 PM
After the Royal Rumble PPV went off the air, Steve Austin came out to celebrate with Chris Benoit. He said, "Some people call you the Wolverine, some people call you the Crippler, I call you one tough son of a bitch." Austin had beers tossed into the ring, totalling several dozen before the celebration was over.

Benoit gave a victory speech to the Philadelphia fans, saying he has been a lot of places in his career, but he took a major step forward when he joined WWE. He said just took another major step by winning the Royal Rumble. Benoit seemed to be choking up as he spoke.

Austin left after toasting Benoit, who also drank quite a bit. Benoit continued to soak up cheers from the fans.

The arena was completely packed without any segment curtained off.

("wrestlingdotcom")

Kane Knight
01-26-2004, 12:48 PM
Cool. :y:

6to1
01-26-2004, 01:12 PM
i bet austin brings benoit to raw tonight

John la Rock
01-26-2004, 01:20 PM
class act by Austin :y:

The CyNick
01-26-2004, 01:37 PM

That wouldn't make any sense.

Benoit has to get traded/fired on Smackdown.

I think it makes sense to have Benoit go to SD this week, they play off like its going to be Benoit vs Brock at Mania, and then Heyman fires/trades Benoit to keep his promise that Benoit will NEVER get another WWE title shot.

Meanwhile tonight on RAW, Goldberg tells Bischoff he wants a piece of Lesnar. Bischoff says "I cant do that". Goldberg then tries to get a World Title match, but HHH plays scared and says Goldberg isn't worthy. Goldberg threatens Bischoff with bodily harm (maybe Bischoff could catch a beating tonight), and that leads Bisch to make the Benoit-Goldberg trade to set up Mania.

6to1
01-26-2004, 03:59 PM
austin can do what ever he wants he is the sheriff or whatever he can bring benoit to visit, besides raw is live better for suprisess

loopydate
01-26-2004, 05:00 PM
Wow. When I saw the title, I half expected the word "Stunner" to appear at some point in the post. Sweet.

Innovator
01-26-2004, 05:18 PM
......STUNNER... :shifty:

6to1
01-26-2004, 10:11 PM
your right it was a dumb idea :rofl:

MVP
01-26-2004, 10:18 PM
Haha sweet.