PDA

View Full Version : Monster Rancher...

Kane Knight
12-10-2003, 02:21 PM
What can I say? I love games where you can randomise shit. It's not a full fledged RPG, but it'll have to do. Being able to pop in discs for different critters is one of the cool factors of the game.

As such, I just picked up MR 3 used on the massive cheap. I'm having fun screwing around with various disc. I've already killed a monster (A dinosaur), and now I'm working on making my water Golem badass. We need more games where you can input random info.

Anyways, anyone else here a fan of the games?

Ninti the Mad
12-11-2003, 12:36 PM
I've been really wanting to try that.

I think there is one on GBA. Hmmm.

Fryza
12-11-2003, 12:39 PM
Yeah, I've always liked the fact that you can put in any discs to get different creatures, then combine them.

For anyone who has played MR3 on PSX, how do you get to the point where it will let you have bigger creatures (Like Golem and Moo)?

Kane Knight
12-11-2003, 01:20 PM
Yeah, I've always liked the fact that you can put in any discs to get different creatures, then combine them.

For anyone who has played MR3 on PSX, how do you get to the point where it will let you have bigger creatures (Like Golem and Moo)?

MR3 is on PS2. Just making sure we're on the same page.

I got a Golem by using the Guster "Lost and Gone forever" saucer stone. He's some water variant on the normal Golem type. Now all I need to do is get an A Rank so I can unlock my sleepy Hollow DVD...Mmmmmmmmmm...

If you mean an earlier game, I don't know what to tell you. Been ages since I played MR1 and I've never played MR2.

Kane Knight
12-11-2003, 01:23 PM
I've been really wanting to try that.

I think there is one on GBA. Hmmm.

There was one on GBC, and at least one on GBA. I think there's either a second on the way, or already out.

I want MR4, but I'm still paying off this semester's bills, and it's almost next semester. Right now, 50 bucks on a game is a little much.

Kane Knight
12-12-2003, 11:31 PM
Well, it was mad easy to get to A level, but my second monster croaked whilst I was training it for S level. The good news is now I can use dragons and such. :D Pulled some sorta water Dragon offa one of my discs (actually tried once before. When they told me I had to be A rank or better, I knew it must be good, so I waited and tried again. :D).

Hopefully, it dominates.

This whole Monster Heart deal is pissing me off. Yo don't seem to get much for the way you're docked XP when you train.