PDA

View Full Version : Commentators at Survivor Series?

Mr. Nerfect
11-25-2005, 07:49 PM
They'll probably just throw Joey Styles in with Tazz or have both teams come together for the interpromotional matches, but I really hope they have special commentators for RAW vs. SmackDown! matches.

I would namely like to see Jim Ross and Paul Heyman call them. They work well together, and they can bring an interesting dynamic with Paul Heyman being the former General Manager of SmackDown! and JR being the "Voice of RAW" for a very long time, and both guys, storyline-wise, not being on perfect terms with the WWE.

I would love to hear Heyman say good things about Orton, talking about how he has shown the ECW-spirit in some of his matches. JR could really put over Lashley, the World Tag Team Champions, Carlito & Rey Mysterio in this match as well. JBL could probably turn babyface off JR's passionate commentary alone.

Hell, why not have them do alternate commentary for the whole show. The WWE really doesn't do too much to make their DVD shows special other than add interviews. Throw in some bonus matches (maybe as many as four), and have an alternate commentary track, and you have yourself a "Special Edition" of WWE Survivor Series 2005.

Cool King
11-25-2005, 07:54 PM
They would probably do something with Tazz and Styles at SS because it's the first time both men have been at a WWE Event together.

Optimistic T
11-25-2005, 09:01 PM
Tazz and Styles should be brought together during the next draft. I dunno if WWE would do it, besides tossing in Coach as well.

Destor
11-25-2005, 09:39 PM
One match by RAW next by SD!. M.E. by RAW.

Draven
11-25-2005, 09:55 PM
I think Nikolai Volkoff and Jimmy Snuka on commentary would be gold.

If they cant them then Styles & Tazz for the SD vs Raw S.S Match or whatever interpromotional matches there are.

Corkscrewed
11-25-2005, 10:13 PM
Styles and Tazz has the potential to be absolute gold. That'd be pretty damn awesome.

Optimistic T
11-25-2005, 11:20 PM
I think Nikolai Volkoff and Jimmy Snuka on commentary would be gold.

Only if you toss in Dusty as the third man and have George "The Animal" Steele take care of the backstage interviews (bonus points if "The Animal" interviews Batista and Road Warrior Animal at the same time, only for Animal from the Muppets to beat up all three with his drumsticks.)

Drakul
11-25-2005, 11:30 PM
Why don't they do the commentery selection thing. Over here on certain sporting events (for example football/soccor) you pick camera angles and even what match you want to see (If there is more than one match happening at once) among other things. So why not have it where you can select your commentators at joint WWE PPVs?

Fox
11-26-2005, 12:40 AM
Because wrestling fans are ignorant hillbillies. It's a fucking miracle they know how to call their cable operator in the first place.

Drakul
11-26-2005, 01:23 AM
Because wrestling fans are ignorant hillbillies. It's a fucking miracle they know how to call their cable operator in the first place.
Heyuk!

Chavo Classic
11-26-2005, 12:20 PM
They're going to carry on doing that stupid 'have both commentary teams' shit. That's so fucking annoying, especially if you hate one of the teams - there's not getting away from them.

Jaton
11-26-2005, 04:41 PM
Why don't they do the commentery selection thing. Over here on certain sporting events (for example football/soccor) you pick camera angles and even what match you want to see (If there is more than one match happening at once) among other things. So why not have it where you can select your commentators at joint WWE PPVs?

Because the commentators in wrestling are a bit more important than in other sports. The commentators in wrestling help push storylines further.