PDA

View Full Version : You know what...*SmackDown! Spoilers*

Mr. Nerfect
11-26-2005, 01:55 AM
I'd much rather have seen a tournament done for the WWE United States Championship, rather than a Best of Seven Series Match:

-Have the first match be Booker T vs. Chris Benoit at Survivor Series, which Benoit wins.

-On SmackDown! we have WWE Tag Team Champion vs. WWE Tag Team Champion, with Joey Mercury taking on Johnny Nitro. Nitro picks up the win with help from Melina. Mercury looks like he's going to turn babyface on Nitro and Melina, but instead shakes Nitro's hand and gives him a hug.

-Paul London beats Brian Kendrick in a solid 20-minute match, pinning him with a new move he can start using as a finisher. London & Kendrick also stay together after the match.

-In the third partner vs. partner match, William Regal takes on Paul Burchill. The work an old-school wrestling match, with Burchill showing us what he has. Eventually Regal walks out on Burchill, leaving him to advance. Regal says he didn't want the WWE US Title in WCW, he doesn't want it now, and he's going to leave it up to Burchill whether or not he goes on to compete for a foul piece of trash like the WWE United States Championship.

-Ken Kennedy defeats Matt Hardy with a new finishing move to advance.

-Bobby Lashley beats JBL to move up.

-Rey Mysterio beats Randy Orton when the gong sounds during an RKO attempt, which allows Rey to push Orton off, dropkick him into the ropes, hit a 619, with him finally Droppin' the Dime to end the match.

-Simon Dean finally gets a win when he beats Hardcore Holly with some heelish tricks.

-In Round 2, Chris Benoit beats Johnny Nitro, which ends up being a really long match with Mercury and Melina helping Nitro out. Eventually Benoit counters Johnny Nitro handstand spinning leg drop into a Crossface for the submission win.

-Paul Burchill beats Paul London in a high-flying match. Regal watches from the rampway, to see how his (former?) scholar progresses.

-Ken Kennedy beats Bobby Lashley with help from The Dicks.

-Rey Mysterio beats Simon Dean in a cruiserweight classic.

-Round 3 has Benoit going toe-to-toe with Burchill. PB is distracted by Regal's presence again, and Benoit beats him in a hard-fought match.

-Ken Kennedy beats Rey Mysterio with the Lambeau Leap.

-In the final round we have two matches taking place. One is actually for the title, and it is Chris Benoit vs. Ken Kennedy, with Benoit picking up the win and his fourth WWE United States Championship. The other is a match between Paul Burchill and Rey Mysterio for the #1 Contendership, and for third place overall in the tournament. Burchill ends up losing the match when he, at the last second, comes to his senses and decides that the WWE US Title is not worth his attention, and walks out like Regal did in their first match.

This sets up some interesting storylines, lets tag team guys shine as singles competitors, develops some kind of division, and gives us a confirmed Chris Benoit vs. Rey Mysterio match in the near-future.

None of the matches would be really bad, so I guess you could even release it on DVD. 16 quality matches is something that would be worth a few bucks.

What do you think? Is the Best of Seven Series the best way to handle the US Title scene?

RemyRed
11-26-2005, 02:10 AM
That'll work. Great idea + it gets Booker T off of my tv ASAP.

Corkscrewed
11-26-2005, 03:43 AM
Hey... um... remember that whole thing about how your ideas have logic?

That's why it doesn't happen.

Jaton
11-26-2005, 04:22 AM
God. We've been through this so many times.

CharismaInjection
11-26-2005, 05:28 AM
Well, about three of those seven matches will be on house shows, like Booker & Cena last year.

Pinnacle Charisma
11-26-2005, 06:22 AM
When you think about it over the last two years the us title scene has been more intresting than the ic title scene.

We have had fatal fourways with wrestlers like RVD, Dupree and Booker-T, best of five and seven matches, cena making it the focus of the show and Carlitto holding it brought alot of intrest in it.

With the IC title we have had a lot of one on one matchs and many ppv's have passed where the ic title has not been defended with the titleholder being occupied with other feuds. For example when Orton was ic champ the fact that he was the ic champ took a backseat to him killing legends. He versued people like Foley and HBK for the title without the opponet actually mentioning the title or it not being for the title at all. Similar to Flair and his feud with hhh. The ic belt is being ignored. Carlitto and Shetlon did nothing with the belt ether

Afterlife
11-26-2005, 09:17 AM
Personally, I was bored nearly to tears with the Bo5 Booker and Cena had, partly b/c I hate rap and partly b/c Booker is dull without Goldust. Now, we have Benoit who is too serious/businessy to be entertaining (on a character level) and Booker who, as stated, is dull w/o Goldust, but is made even worse by the annoying squawkbox that follows him around. If it weren't for Princess Yappy-dog, he could be mildly entertaining, as opposed to frustrating. I do hope some of their matches are house shows. But I wish the bore-fest just wasn't really happening.

Jaton
11-26-2005, 10:43 AM
I disagree. I actually like this heel turn he's done with her. I think he's very bland as a face, unless like you said..he's with Goldust. (they were faces, right? i don't remember?)

Kane Knight
11-26-2005, 11:02 AM
You know what?

--The Boogeyman was the highlight of the show.

--Mister Kennedy is getting people to go along with him better than half the faces.

--They managed to make me not care about the tage team division or a Benoit match. IN THE SAME NIGHT!

--A spoonfull of sugar...

--What the fuck is it with these shitty endings?

Loose Cannon
11-26-2005, 12:00 PM
you know it's bad when you're a wrestling fan and you're home and you still don't want to watch the show

JH
11-26-2005, 12:21 PM
if benoit and booker have some matches like they did in their best of 7 from wcw then it will be worht watching but i'm not gonna hold my breath on that one

Chavo Classic
11-26-2005, 12:23 PM
if benoit and booker have some matches like they did in their best of 7 from wcw then it will be worht watching but i'm not gonna hold my breath on that one

I don't see any reason why it won't be just as good. This might be Benoit last hurrah with the WWE before the speculated contract expirary in Janurary and Booker still has a lot to prove on Smackdown.

Kane Knight
11-26-2005, 01:18 PM
I don't see any reason why it won't be just as good. This might be Benoit last hurrah with the WWE before the speculated contract expirary in Janurary and Booker still has a lot to prove on Smackdown.

Indeed. Booker has to prove he can entertain like he did 5 years ago, and that he's worthy of being Benoit's last hurrah.

Mr. Nerfect
11-26-2005, 06:55 PM
Another thing I don't get, why did Team RAW attack Team SmackDown! at the end of the show? Wouldn't it make sense (yes, I know, logic in the WWE...shouldn't expect it) to let two of Team SmackDown!'s crucial members slug it out, and possibly injure each other, causing their ranks to break down? Why not attack AFTER the match?

Kane Knight
11-26-2005, 07:22 PM
Another thing I don't get, why did Team RAW attack Team SmackDown! at the end of the show? Wouldn't it make sense (yes, I know, logic in the WWE...shouldn't expect it) to let two of Team SmackDown!'s crucial members slug it out, and possibly injure each other, causing their ranks to break down? Why not attack AFTER the match?

To be honest, look at the "masterminds" behind this plan.

Xero
11-26-2005, 07:27 PM
Because if they had waited, Randy Orton would have won the championship. Duh.

Skippord
11-27-2005, 03:22 AM
I'm marking out for the Boogeyman on a weekly basis seriously the guy owns

Extreme Angle
11-27-2005, 06:33 AM
You know what?

--The Boogeyman was the highlight of the show.

--Mister Kennedy is getting people to go along with him better than half the faces.

--They managed to make me not care about the tage team division or a Benoit match. IN THE SAME NIGHT!

--A spoonfull of sugar...

--What the fuck is it with these shitty endings?
:lol:
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/6484/boogeymancopy4mi.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Kane Knight
11-27-2005, 10:04 AM
I'm marking out for the Boogeyman on a weekly basis seriously the guy owns
He should main event.

Just John
11-27-2005, 10:06 AM
Why has darth maul signed with the WWE :?:

Jaton
11-27-2005, 10:20 AM
He's not quite over jobbing to Obi-Wan yet.

Jaton
11-27-2005, 10:20 AM
Obi-Won, too.

Kane Knight
11-27-2005, 10:46 AM
Why has darth maul signed with the WWE :?:

Because the Clone Wars wouldn't accept him when he enlisted.

Afterlife
11-27-2005, 10:54 AM
I disagree. I actually like this heel turn he's done with her. I think he's very bland as a face, unless like you said..he's with Goldust. (they were faces, right? i don't remember?)

Heels first, briefly, but excellent faces. Simply excellent.