PDA

View Full Version : Barbed Wire Steel Cage Match

Stickman
11-28-2005, 12:56 PM
I didn't want to put this in the TNA Barbed Wire match but my question stems from that.

What exactly was the point of the Flair/Hogan, and JBL/Big Show Steel cage barbed wire matches? I have not seen either match but I can't for the life of me figure out the purpose of putting the wire on top of the cage? Other than not being able to climb in or out what does it do? I mean, you can't exactly throw somebody into it or get all tangled up in it, so how did the barbed wire play out in these matches?

If there were any more of these matches explain what happened and what the appeal of it is.

Xero
11-28-2005, 03:11 PM
The point was to make it hard for them to get out and I guess to keep some guys out.

HeartBreakMan2k
11-28-2005, 03:17 PM
keep some guys out.

:y:

Stickman
11-29-2005, 01:36 AM
The point was to make it hard for them to get out and I guess to keep some guys out.

But couldn't they win by pinfall or submission?

Sting Fan
11-29-2005, 03:20 AM
When did Flair and Hogan have a barbed wire cage match, what am I missing here?

DaVe
11-29-2005, 04:13 AM
But couldn't they win by pinfall or submission?

Yeah, the point of the barb wire around the top of the steel cage is to make it near impossible to go over the top to escape the steel cage, or stop people from coming into it: the point for JBL/Big Show having it was so JBL's cabinet couldn't interfer and cost Big Show the match.

Many many years ago (I have no idea exactly).

Edit: Haha, I guess not.

RemyRed
11-29-2005, 06:15 AM
I think it was Uncensored in 1999. It was a barb wire cage first blood match. It was the beggining of Charles Robinson's Li'l Naitch transformation and the match was for ownership of WCW with Hogan fighting on Eric Bischoff's behalf.