PDA

View Full Version : Perception is reality? (RAW Spoilers)

The Gooch
11-29-2005, 10:50 AM
Vince used the line "perception is reality" last night. Unfortunately when it comes to all things WWE I believe him.

The most difficult thing we have to get used to being part of the IWC is the knowledge that what Vince passes off to its fans as reality is so very often not the case. The one instance of this that is currently annoying me is the whole Eric Bischoff situation. I don't believe many of the marks truly understand that Eric plays a character. Should WWE RAW suck I find it sad that Vince plays it off as Eric sucking, as it is so misleading to a majority of the fan base.

How about you, when does "perception is reality" get under your skin when it comes to WWE programming?

Destor
11-29-2005, 10:52 AM
No, its called kayfabe. I'm used to it.

BigDaddyCool
11-29-2005, 10:56 AM
Seriously, I don't really want to see Shane as GM on raw. His stupid little leg kicky thing is annoying. And with the gray hair that is starting to show, he is no longer the boy wonder. In fact he looks like a washed up old mick.

Plus, what is Eric going to do if he isn't "GM?"

Afterlife
11-29-2005, 10:58 AM
When they make suck look good and good look gone.

Afterlife
11-29-2005, 11:00 AM
Seriously, I don't really want to see Shane as GM on raw. His stupid little leg kicky thing is annoying. And with the gray hair that is starting to show, he is no longer the boy wonder. In fact he looks like a washed up old mick.

Plus, what is Eric going to do if he isn't "GM?"

Whatever, homie. Shane rocks the casbah. The shimmy is the shit. And as for Eric...he can go home.

Cool King
11-29-2005, 11:06 AM
Eric = Great GM.

Shane = Meh GM *Slip* Whoa that was close.:shifty:

Afterlife
11-29-2005, 11:10 AM
Perhaps you guys could enlighten me on exactly why Eric is so great?

Kane Knight
11-29-2005, 11:34 AM
Whatever, homie. Shane is shit. And he can go home.

Joey Slugs
11-29-2005, 11:38 AM

Because the Sleazy E character is 1000x better than the Evil Mr. McMahon gimmick.

OrtonFan24
11-29-2005, 12:29 PM
It doesn't matter if Eric Bischoff's character is so good the RAW GM needs a freshening up because the Bisch is getting a little stale

The Gooch
11-29-2005, 12:30 PM
I love Bischoff, which is why when Vince combines Truth concerning WCW with Fiction that Bischoff is the GM of RAW that I wonder if Vince is trying to pawn off shitty programing on a "Character" to the unwise.

Many of my mark friends completely understand Kayfabe when it comes to wrestlers, but some were actually surprised when I revealed to them that Eric served as only a character for the WWE and does not have a "suit" duty as well. Perhaps I have dumb wrestling friends???

TerranRich
11-29-2005, 01:58 PM
Perhaps I have dumb wrestling friends???

Yes. :yes:

We all have those dumb wrestling friends. You know, the ones that believe Bischoff really is GM of RAW, and that "GM" is a legitimate, existing title within WWE.

BigDaddyCool
11-29-2005, 02:38 PM

I'm not sure what makes him so great. Maybe it is because he isn't Vince MacMahon. Like for example, when ever some young lady is around Eric he doesn't start drooling like hound. While in the same situation, Vince would start drooling, and then start some sort of uncomfortable to listen to speech about genetic jackhammers and stuff like that. To me Eric is everything a heel GM should be, and best part about Eric as heel GM is when he is acctaully fair to face (be it once in a blue moon). There has been no other heel boss (besides for Heyman) that could do it so well.

Plus then when got Shane, who is a show boating idiot face. I just don't like it when a face is in charge because heel bosses make story lines more believable.

Sadistic
11-29-2005, 03:00 PM
Bisch is an amazing heel. I actually love him as GM.
I'm glad that shane is back but I would rather he was in some sort of wrestling angle than being a non-active GM.

Afterlife
11-30-2005, 08:17 AM
BigDaddyCoolPlus then when got Shane, who is a show boating idiot face. I just don't like it when a face is in charge because heel bosses make story lines more believable.

I'm sorry, I know you mean that he is a face on the show and you feel he is of diminished mental capacity as such, but the way you wrote "idiot face" made me laugh really hard.

Kane Knight
11-30-2005, 10:25 AM
Th best part is, they use that sort of "brain lag" to make people think that problems were Eric Bischoff's fault, when the fact remains that it's shit writing Vince himself endorses. And yet, when ratings are bad, he comes on TV, blames someone, and gets popped for it.

Afterlife
11-30-2005, 10:33 AM
I don't recall Vince saying the ratings were Eric's problem. I thot he was referring to Eric not being "in control", i.e., Cena's hold on the belt and the multiple losses to SD.

Kane Knight
11-30-2005, 10:37 AM
I don't recall Vince saying the ratings were Eric's problem. I thot he was referring to Eric not being "in control", i.e., Cena's hold on the belt and the multiple losses to SD.

Gah.

You're TRYING to miss the point, right?

BigDaddyCool
11-30-2005, 11:53 PM
I'm sorry, I know you mean that he is a face on the show and you feel he is of diminished mental capacity as such, but the way you wrote "idiot face" made me laugh really hard.

Yeah, well that is what I'm here for.

John la Rock
12-01-2005, 12:13 AM
Bischoff was a great GM but has now become extremely stale

Shane O Mac will bring some life back to Raw

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
12-01-2005, 01:52 AM
If Bischoff were fired as GM he could bring back the nWo.

:shifty: What?

Afterlife
12-01-2005, 04:03 AM
Perhaps in this case missing the point comes all too easy. Can ya break it down for me? Just pretend I'm an idiot.