PDA

View Full Version : My reply from the BBC following complaints for Moyales' Guerrero comments...

hb2k
11-29-2005, 03:11 PM
Thought I'd quickly drop this in,

"Dear Mr O'Rourke

Thank you for your e-mail in regards to 'Chris Moyles' broadcast on 14 November 2005.

Please accept our apologies for the delay in replying. We know our correspondents appreciate a quick response and we are sorry you have had to wait on this occasion.

I understand that you were offended by Chris' comments in reference to Eddie Guerrero. I have since received the following statement from the BBC Radio 1 Executive Producer:

"I apologise for the rather crass and insensitive comments Chris Moyles made on the Radio 1 breakfast show concerning the death of Eddie Guerrero.

I accept that Chris over-stepped the mark making a joke about 'carrying the coffin' as well as illustrating his ignorance about the circumstances of the wrestler's death. In Chris' defence he also said 'it is sad' and 'our thoughts and prayers go out to his family'.

I have subsequently spoken to the team and impressed on them that these comments were not only insensitive but also offensive. The whole team accept that they were in the wrong.

May I take this opportunity to once again apologise for any offence or distress we may have caused.

Yours faithfully

Rhys Hughes

- - -

Executive Producer, BBC Radio 1"

I hope that this goes some way in clarifying the situation; however I note that you take a different view. Please be assured that your comments regarding this issue have been made available to senior BBC management and the 'Chris Moyles' production team. Styles and policies are continually reassessed based on the feedback we receive from viewers.

Thank you for taking the time to contact the BBC.

Regards

Adam Sims
BBC Information"

Cool King
11-29-2005, 03:28 PM
I still haven't gotten a reply from them.

Chavo Classic
11-29-2005, 04:18 PM
That's excellent. As our license fees pay the BBC service they have a duty to speak for the people and to the people - the Eddie Guerrero slur showed how out of touch the BBC is with the public, and common decency in general.

hb2k
11-29-2005, 05:10 PM
Good call CC...

Tornado
11-29-2005, 06:59 PM
Yeah, thats the exact same reply I got.

hb2k
11-29-2005, 07:21 PM
Really? Ah dammit.

Cactus Sid
11-30-2005, 11:13 AM
They wont do fuck all about it, which is a shame because Moyles is the least funny person in the world and a complete dick head

Just John
11-30-2005, 11:37 AM
I got my reply yesterday too

Kane Knight
11-30-2005, 11:58 AM
That's excellent. As our license fees pay the BBC service they have a duty to speak for the people and to the people - the Eddie Guerrero slur showed how out of touch the BBC is with the public, and common decency in general.

Have you expressed this to them?

Also, as I said in another thread, it's amazing how you can dismiss something if all you do is say it's sad...

...Terribly sad, but "LET'S ALL MOCK THE DEAD GUY!"

hb2k
11-30-2005, 12:36 PM
Yeh. Saying it's sad doesn't give you license to mock the tragedy.