PDA

View Full Version : Stone Cold Or Triple H, Who Is Better?

Lux
11-30-2005, 10:28 AM
Stone Cold in his better days or Triple H today, which is or was better.... Discuss!

Dave Youell
11-30-2005, 10:33 AM
Austin before all the surgery was one of the best technical workers going. After he fucked up his neck he became one of the best overall entertainers in the world.

HHH is dull boring and repetitive

Sadistic
11-30-2005, 10:41 AM
If 2 DVDs came out entitled "Stone Cold's Greatest Matches" and "Triple H's Greatest Matches" I would buy the Triple H one.
However overall I like Austin better for everything he has done.

Innovator
11-30-2005, 12:18 PM
Austin pre Owen dropping him on his head was money in the ring

hb2k
11-30-2005, 12:21 PM
Austin was totally overlooked in terms of ring skill post-surgery, just because of his style, but his matches were electric and very few had as much drama as the big Austin matches, with the hot near falls and such.

So to answer your question, I don't know.

PullMyFinger
11-30-2005, 12:55 PM
Triple H used to be really awesome back in the day. However, I'd still pick SCSA anyday over the Triple H of today.

hb2k
11-30-2005, 12:56 PM
Hunter was the man in 2000....

Lock Jaw
11-30-2005, 01:25 PM
Austin I only liked in WCW when he was Stunning Steve.

HHH I always liked, and while I do find him repetitve and boring to hear and see nowadays, he can still put on an alright match when he isn't busy burying someone.

mrslackalack
11-30-2005, 01:26 PM
Yeah if you look at Austin from 91-97 he had top notch matches. And even after his neck problems he still continuted to have good matches.

mrslackalack
11-30-2005, 01:27 PM
Anyone remember their 40 minute 2 of of 3 falls match at NWO 2001 where each match was different?

Xero
11-30-2005, 01:57 PM
I would assume that one of the main reason Austin went to an almost exclusive brawl style was because of his neck...

Anyway, to answer the question, Austin. Austin vs. Hart at Mania 13 was better than almost anything Triple H could pull off today.

Joey Slugs
11-30-2005, 02:00 PM
Hunter

mrslackalack
11-30-2005, 02:03 PM
Never seen it, but I heard Austin's best match and his favorite match was against Steamboat at Clash of the Champions.

Joey Slugs
11-30-2005, 02:03 PM
Anyone remember their 40 minute 2 of of 3 falls match at NWO 2001 where each match was different?

3 Stages of Hell

mrslackalack
11-30-2005, 02:08 PM
3 Stages of Hell

Yeah, thats what it was called :y:

dablackguy
11-30-2005, 02:18 PM
Austin

Nark Order
11-30-2005, 02:20 PM
Hunter by far

mike627
11-30-2005, 02:51 PM
Austin.

The Gooch
11-30-2005, 03:00 PM
Why are we not comparing both in their prime? Trips was awesome in the ring prior to his quad injury. Granted he did have a lot of help along his path to mainevent status.

Trips vs. Taka is still one of my favourite matches.

My vote goes to motivated, non-political Hunter.

UmbrellaCorporation
11-30-2005, 03:21 PM
Triple H wins. Easily.

Dorkchop
11-30-2005, 03:38 PM
I vote Austin. Even after his surgeries, when he couldn't be at his very best, he was still better than pretty much everyone else at their best.

BlackDawn2024
11-30-2005, 05:33 PM
Hunter. Not even a contest.

el fregadero
11-30-2005, 05:41 PM
I was never really big on Austin in the ring. Triple H for me.

The One
11-30-2005, 06:06 PM
Triple H...easy and without much of a contest really.

Hunter is one of the greatest in ring performers ever. I know a lot of people like to hop all over Flair and Hunter for butt fucking each other nightly...but can you honestly think of two poeple who are more talented then Ric Flair or Triple H? And yeah we all like to hate up on Hunter cause he is (literally) fucking around to gain legend status...but respect the fact that his back stage poloticing is not like what any other backstage stabber has ever done before. Hogan, Piper, even Flair...out of everyone, Hunter had the decks stacked against him...he was smart enough to know he had the talent in the ring, so he needed to menipulate people in the back. I hold no grudges against him, and when he does hold the World Title for long stretches, I love it. You can't blame him for his promos as of late as those have been largely scripted. Paul on his own is a fucking promo king. In the ring he is near untouchable. He draws in fans, and is one of the best wrestlers in the history of the business. Period.

Pinnacle Charisma
11-30-2005, 06:10 PM
Its gotta be Austin
He had this energy and crowd interaction that I don’t think we will ever see again.

And I think his matchs are largely underrated. While he was a truly great technical wrestler when he changed to a more brawling style to suit his character that is when he truly shined. He understood the mechanics of what it took to put on a great match and some of his in-ring psychology was truly fantastic. Put that with the way he had the crowd in the palm of his hand ether in the ring or doing a promo his matches were also enjoyable.

John la Rock
11-30-2005, 07:01 PM
Triple H...easy and without much of a contest really.

Hunter is one of the greatest in ring performers ever. I know a lot of people like to hop all over Flair and Hunter for butt fucking each other nightly...but can you honestly think of two poeple who are more talented then Ric Flair or Triple H? And yeah we all like to hate up on Hunter cause he is (literally) fucking around to gain legend status...but respect the fact that his back stage poloticing is not like what any other backstage stabber has ever done before. Hogan, Piper, even Flair...out of everyone, Hunter had the decks stacked against him...he was smart enough to know he had the talent in the ring, so he needed to menipulate people in the back. I hold no grudges against him, and when he does hold the World Title for long stretches, I love it. You can't blame him for his promos as of late as those have been largely scripted. Paul on his own is a fucking promo king. In the ring he is near untouchable. He draws in fans, and is one of the best wrestlers in the history of the business. Period.

:y:

John la Rock
11-30-2005, 07:03 PM
who is/was more over? - Austin by a mile

who puts on better matches? HHH

who has more charisma? Austin

who is better on the mic? HHH/Austin tie

who is more consistent? HHH

who do I personally like better? HHH

sadio8
11-30-2005, 07:42 PM
I'll just use John La Rock's post as a template here:

who is/was more over? - Without question Steve Austin

who puts on better matches? - Austin had excellent matches from 91-97, some great maches in 98, and even some great matches in 2001 as well.

HHH had not to shabby matches of his own in 97 and 98 but really start to shine from 99-present.

For me though in terms of enjoyment I like Austin matches better than HHH.

who has more charisma? Steve Austin by a mile

who is better on the mic? Both are amazing on the mic. Tie

who is more consistent? HHH

who do I personally like better? Austin

For me it would have to be Steve Austin.

BigDaddyCool
11-30-2005, 07:45 PM
HHH by far. When it was mainevent time during Stone Cold's run at the top, I would always change the channel. Also, HHH doesn't walk out when he doesn't get his way, though when married to the boss's daughter, I'm not sure how often that comes up.

But anyhow, HHH just seems more proffesional, I mean how many times has Austin walked out or no showed because he was going to have to put someone over?

Arashi Kage
11-30-2005, 07:48 PM
I choose Hunter Hearst Helmsley, only because out of him and Austin, Triple H is the one I dislike less.

Out of the two of them drawing my interest, I'll watch Austin if he's getting beat down, but if he's stunning people and drinking watery beer, it's not worth watching.

Triple H, on the other hand, has matches & segments which I don't get excited over, but I watch them and sometimes I enjoy them as well.

Hired Hitman
11-30-2005, 07:53 PM
"Stone Cold in his better days or Triple H today"

You mean I can choose from Steve Austin in his prime and Triple H coming out of his prime?

That isn't very balanced. :|

DarkAngel
12-01-2005, 10:50 AM
austin by far

Tornado
12-01-2005, 10:53 AM
Austin, definatly.

Killjoy3:16
12-01-2005, 11:19 PM
Austin.

SCSA had everything you want in a wrestler really. Wasn't the BEST wrestler, but definetaly wasn't bad either. You can't deny his contribution to the business.

I mean Austin's run from 1997-2000 was amazing.

Destor
12-01-2005, 11:25 PM
H.

MVP
12-01-2005, 11:27 PM
Austin

His impact on the attitude era was greater than that of HHH's, but he is up there.

HeartBreakMan2k
12-01-2005, 11:50 PM
HHH easily. Austin had more of an influence and by far was more well known, but HHH is the mang

Downunder
12-02-2005, 09:52 AM
Stone Cold

Triple H has gay hair

The Gooch
12-02-2005, 10:12 AM
Triple H has gay hair

Austin had some pretty classy hair himself during his stunning era. Premature balding = :heart:

redoneja
12-02-2005, 12:11 PM
HHH for all the reasons The One said, plus the fact he is still willing to cleanly job when its needed.

Kane Knight
12-02-2005, 01:01 PM
Triple H, in any era of hsi career will top Austin in a comparable stage of his career IMHTTO

hb2k
12-02-2005, 01:04 PM
but can you honestly think of two poeple who are more talented then Ric Flair or Triple H

Shawn Michaels, Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit....

Xero
12-02-2005, 03:30 PM
I wouldn't go as far as Michaels and if we're including entertainment, Benoit wouldn't exactly fit. Angle, though, is one of the best well-rounded wrestlers I've ever seen in the WWE. High flying, technical, brawling, comedy, serious, sad, mad....

By that criteria, actually, I'd put him at the very top of the best pro wrestlers EVER.

Destor
12-02-2005, 03:38 PM
Benoit? Seriously, the guy can wrestle, but he isn't half the entertainer of H or (more importantly) Ric Flair. HBK, though I don't agree, and Angle I'll give ya though. Angle is the only guy I would put above Flair in terms of skill. But he hasn't been in the business long enough to surpass him.