PDA

View Full Version : TNA/ECW PPV.

LivingDead
12-03-2005, 08:32 AM
I was thinking, what do you think TNA are going to do when WWE hosts next yea'rs ECW PPV?
Are WWE even allowed to use TNA talent for the show? I highly doubt it.

I'd say TNA will put a PPV on just before the ECW one with guys like Rhyno, Raven, Sabu, Lynn, Dudleys etc.

Should be interesting nonetheless.

Chavo Classic
12-03-2005, 08:40 AM
Good I hope not. Any respect I had left for TNA would disappear for such a blatant attempt to imitate the WWE.

Besides, I'm sure the legal department at Titan towers would have a field-day. Not only through the use of the letters E, C and W (brought to you today with the numbers 3 and 9) but at the whole Extreme Re-union notion.

HeartBreakMan2k
12-03-2005, 09:08 AM
WWE legal can't stop an Extreme reunion, hence why Hardcore Homecoming is allowed to continue. They just can't blatantly refer to the guys as ECW anything.

Xero
12-03-2005, 09:44 AM
Or chant ECW...

"We See Trouble, You", though, is a different story. :shifty:

Kane Knight
12-03-2005, 10:35 AM
LEgally they can chant ECW all they want, if you mean the fans.

Wrestlers, OTOH.

Xero
12-03-2005, 10:42 AM
LEgally they can chant ECW all they want, if you mean the fans.

Wrestlers, OTOH.
Not by WWE's rules. They threatened to sue TNA if they didn't stop. They even made the Hardcore Homecoming shows have every ECW chant edited out for their DVD releases.

Kane Knight
12-03-2005, 11:19 AM
Not by WWE's rules. They threatened to sue TNA if they didn't stop. They even made the Hardcore Homecoming shows have every ECW chant edited out for their DVD releases.

I could sue you for the offensive use of the letter X. Doesn't mean COURTS WILL UPHOLD IT.

The WWE has threatened tons of suits that never flew.

Xero
12-03-2005, 12:40 PM
Yeah, but so far no one has had the balls to challenge them in court. Honestly, would you want to waste your money in court going up against a billion dollar corporation that wouldn't take no for an answer?

Kane Knight
12-03-2005, 02:16 PM
The courts have thrown out some of their suits. :p

Xero
12-03-2005, 02:26 PM
The courts have thrown out some of their suits. :p
Oh, didn't know Flair was a judge. :shifty:

hb2k
12-03-2005, 03:08 PM
Yeah, but so far no one has had the balls to challenge them in court. Honestly, would you want to waste your money in court going up against a billion dollar corporation that wouldn't take no for an answer?

Brock Lesnar did, and he would have won. The only reason WWE gave him anything, because you know for a fact they didn't want to, was because they knew there was a good chance they were losing, and that the non-competes would be dubbed unfair and unreasonable, which meant there would have been legal precedent set, that could have completely wiped out the notion of 'non-compete' clauses.

Kane Knight
12-03-2005, 03:29 PM
In this case though, EC...Err...TNA will have to fight it anyway. They can't currently edit out crowd responses, nor can they ever on PPVs. It is an unreasonable demand AND one WWE cannot afford to fight. It will only draw attention to TNA and likely do nothing bu get laughed out of court.

hb2k
12-03-2005, 03:38 PM
"Your honour, their fans chanted ECW"

"So"

"Your honour they were encouraged to chant ECW"

"So"

"Well we own ECW"

"So"

"..So it's not fair!"

Mr. Nerfect
12-03-2005, 08:09 PM
I wouldn't like to see them put on an ECW show, but I would like to see them ask their talent not to compete on the show. It may not stop the WWE from putting on a show, but without Team 3D, Sabu, Rhino and Raven, you do have a bit of wind taken out of the sails.

Fox
12-03-2005, 09:06 PM
I do believe that TNA has killed a lot of the steam building up behind a second ECW PPV.

The only ECW-era star that the WWE has left is RVD, and he's not even over in the WWE anymore. Benoit and Mysterio are arguable, but they were never truly "stars" in ECW. Tommy Dreamer is still with the company, but because he's been out of the ring for so long, he's truly lost his step and passion for wrestling.

Skippord
12-03-2005, 09:45 PM
Next years ECW pay per view name is gonna be

"ECW On again Off again Relationship"