PDA

View Full Version : HUGE day in sports news... (particulary Chicago)

JokerFace
12-10-2003, 03:08 PM
Bruce Levine of ESPN 1000 reports that Andy Petite will go to the Houston Astros... should be announced this weekend at baseball's winter meetings. Did the NY Yankees think Petite would bite the bullet so soon and go elsewhere?

Andy Reeves is fired by the Falcons. He was told last night that he would be replaced after the season ended, and he said, if they are going to replace him, then to fire him now. So he's gone. If Michael Vick was healthy all season long, would Reeves still have a job?

Scottie Pippen speaks out and questions the future of his career. Knee problems continue to sideline him usually 3 or 4 games every two weeks. Possible Pippen will be done (hey I'm from Chicago so this means something assholes!).

Dick Jauron announced today that Rex Grossman will start this Sunday vs. the Vikings. With the Bears now eliminated from making the playoffs, now is the perfect time to test out Grossman and see what the Bears have for next year. Grossman, a rookie out of Florida is deemed as the "future of the Bears." Does he have potential to be better than Kordell Stuart and Chris Chandler... eventually?

From Yesterday, 67 year old Bobby Ross, will now coach college football's Army. Former coach of the Chargers and Detroit Lions, who would have thought Ross would get back into coaching?

I wish TPWW had a sports section. :(

MoRcHeEbA
12-10-2003, 03:24 PM
cassidy got fired from the captials too. :o

JokerFace
12-10-2003, 03:26 PM
i dont follow hockey...

blackhawks have a 13 game winless streak tho :eek:

#1-norm-fan
12-10-2003, 04:20 PM
Okay... Reeves getting fired is just dumb. Granted, he should have been able to muster a couple more wins without Vick but from what I've heard, he and Vick are really close. If Vick stays healthy, chances are they go to the playoffs again this year (Probably even win the NFC South) and obviously if that's the case, then Reeves keeps his job.