PDA

View Full Version : Getting the F back in?

Innovator
12-05-2005, 06:38 PM
On November 2nd of this year, WWE registered the trademark "WORLD WRESTLING FEDERATION", with the usage explanation being, "Entertainment services, namely, the production and exhibition of professional wrestling events rendered live and through the media of television; providing wrestling news and information via a global computer network." At this point in time, WWE is prohibited from using the WWF name due to the lawsuit that they lost with the World Wildlife Fund a few years ago. Whether they are covering their bases or plan to make an offer to the Fund which will allow them to use the name again isn't known at this time. ... Thanks to Terry for his help with this story.

Credit: PWInsider.com

Cool King
12-05-2005, 06:40 PM
I hope to GOD that the WWF let Vince get the F back in.

Xero
12-05-2005, 06:40 PM
They've always owned (and can still use) the "World Wrestling Federation" name, just not "WWF". It was probably a renewal.

Edit: I don't have proof that they've owned it, but they have used it in their DVDs and I believe on TV. It's more than likely for 24/7, but you never know...

hb2k
12-05-2005, 06:58 PM
The ruling in the Fund case was that they can no longer use the scratch logo or the acronym WWF. World Wrestling Federation and the block logo weren't affected.

ThruTheWire
12-05-2005, 07:00 PM
I've gotten used to WWE, I personally don't care, it's the same product nonetheless.

Xero
12-05-2005, 07:02 PM
If they ever get the WWF name back, one night they should announce a WWE Legends special for RAW with nothing but matches some how involving legends. Without announcing it, they should start the show with Vince (No opening) and announce "DID SOMEBODY SAY... F!?" and show a new tron with a new block-like WWF logo. Then go into the classic "The World Wrestling Federation, the world wide leader in sports and entertainment". :cool:

Xero
12-05-2005, 07:03 PM
Actually, SNME would be the perfect time to do this.

Kane Knight
12-05-2005, 07:31 PM
God, I can't believe anyone's retarded enough to get excited over another name change.

Kane Knight
12-05-2005, 07:33 PM
They've always owned (and can still use) the "World Wrestling Federation" name, just not "WWF". It was probably a renewal.

Edit: I don't have proof that they've owned it, but they have used it in their DVDs and I believe on TV. It's more than likely for 24/7, but you never know...

The proof is in the Trademark office.

They already had a live trademark covering MOST of the same services since 1989.

What they have done here is established themselves for the web and similar global broadcasts.

Xero
12-05-2005, 07:37 PM
Probably for 24/7 then.

Kane Knight
12-05-2005, 08:01 PM
Most likely.

Jordan
12-05-2005, 11:46 PM
You know it would be pretty sweet if this all culminated at Wrestlemania, the end of the brand extension and all that, and they put all the wrestlers back on one show, I would like that.

Corkscrewed
12-05-2005, 11:47 PM
To be honest, my initial reaction was 'meh.'

Jordan
12-05-2005, 11:54 PM
I mean, it's not too far fetched. Undertaker should retire soon, Flair doesn't have much left, Booker isn't gonna go to much longer, the loss of Christain, Chris Jericho, and with the death of Eddie.. It wouldn't be so bad if the WWE Title scene was Orton, Batista, JBL, HHH, Cena, and Angle... HBK, Rey, Edge, Show, Kane, and Benoit in the the uppercard. You could have Shelton, Carlito, Masters, Chavo, Lashley, Kennedey, and some of the other from up top dabble in the IC division. Then that leaves room for a huge tag team roster, and more importatant tag matches on ppv's and such.

Hired Hitman
12-06-2005, 01:53 AM
World Wrestling Federation Sounds so much better than World Wrestling Entertainment.

We Want a F!
We Want a F!

V
12-06-2005, 03:37 AM
God, I can't believe anyone's retarded enough to get excited over another name change.
if they changed back to wwf i would mark out like a 12 year old girl at a backstreet boys concert in 1998 :$

Kane Knight
12-06-2005, 10:38 AM
if they changed back to wwf i would mark out like a 12 year old girl at a backstreet boys concert in 1998 :$

You're not 12? :wtf:

Crashnburn
12-06-2005, 10:50 AM
Innovator,

In your sig, the TNA vid where he does a fireman carry to a falling double knee gut buster... who is that that is performing that move and what is the move called?

Shadow
12-06-2005, 12:24 PM
If I'm not mistaken...that's the Messiah of the Backbreaker Roderick Strong.

But I might be mistaken.

McLegend
12-06-2005, 01:01 PM
That is Roderick Strong doing some sort of variaton of a gutbuster to Austin Aries.