PDA

View Full Version : Fact or Fiction #12: Kevin Garnett will be traded by the end of the season

Splaya
12-06-2005, 02:50 PM
You know the drill. You respond with fact or fiction. I will rep you if you agree with me, or if you argue a good point on the one I do not choose. I will respond with mine in about 24 hours, give or take a little.

Also, if you state fact, tell me where he is headed and for what players.

McDoogle
12-06-2005, 03:14 PM
Fiction because he's the face and the leader of the wolves. He's still a pretty damn good player. Im sure there are plenty of teams who want him but really who do you think the wolves will get back in the same value as garnett?

Unless they pull a Thorton NBA style.

Joey Slugs
12-06-2005, 03:36 PM
Anyone who says that this is fiction needs to lay off the pipe. This is FACT people. And I will tell you exactly where he is going.

He's coming home.

Chicago.

That's right. "The Big Ticket" will be in a Bulls uniform before the end of this season. The Bulls will send Chandler, Harrington, & draft picks to Minnesota in exchange for Garnett & Jaric. That's the deal. They'd be fools not to pull it off.

Look, the fans in Minnesota love Garnett & really... what's not to love about him? He does it all. But the team isn't doing enough around him to make a difference. What he needs is a team that needs just that one last major piece to make them a big player in the league. The Bulls are that team & Garnett is that player.

McDoogle
12-06-2005, 03:43 PM
But the team isn't doing enough around him to make a difference.

I agree but don't you think i'd be easier for the wolves to get better players around him rather than just trade him and be left with the same players only this time without the the big man which would only really make the team worse.

CNM
12-06-2005, 03:46 PM
Sluggs, does your deal even work under the CBA? Remember, Garnett has a huge contract.

Joey Slugs
12-06-2005, 03:47 PM
I agree but don't you think i'd be easier for the wolves to get better players around him rather than just trade him and be left with the same players only this time without the the big man which would only really make the team worse.

Who have they signed in the 10 years that he has been in the league that has helped them atleast TRY to win one playoff series?

Joey Slugs
12-06-2005, 03:47 PM
Sluggs, does your deal even work under the CBA? Remember, Garnett has a huge contract.

It can & it will. The Bulls have plenty of money to spend.

CNM
12-06-2005, 03:50 PM
Just checked it on RealGM. It doesn't work.

Failed Scenario
There were BYC players involved in this trade, so this trade is subject to the BYC provisions of the CBA. Due to Minnesota and Chicago being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Minnesota and Chicago had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did not happen here (only Minnesota met the condition). This trade does not satisfy the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

CNM
12-06-2005, 03:51 PM
Anyway, even if it did work under the CBA, there's no way Minnesota does that trade. They're going to want at least 1 bonafide star/superstar for KG. If they trade him for a decent center and some draft picks their fans will turn on them.

Joey Slugs
12-06-2005, 03:53 PM
Just checked it on RealGM. It doesn't work.

Failed Scenario
There were BYC players involved in this trade, so this trade is subject to the BYC provisions of the CBA. Due to Minnesota and Chicago being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Minnesota and Chicago had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did not happen here (only Minnesota met the condition). This trade does not satisfy the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

WTF? How did you do that?

CNM
12-06-2005, 03:54 PM
www.realgm.com

Go to the basketball trade checker

McDoogle
12-06-2005, 04:01 PM
Theres no way that trade with Chicago will ever happen.

The Miz
12-06-2005, 04:02 PM
How is it fact? You just made it up

RP
12-06-2005, 08:24 PM
fiction: He's being paid to much. One team would have to give up 2 maybe three of there highest paid players( and most likely there star players at that).

AlphaBean
12-06-2005, 09:18 PM
Who have they signed in the 10 years that he has been in the league that has helped them atleast TRY to win one playoff series?

Cassell, Kandi, Sprewell.

Problem is, Kevin McHale is the worst GM of all time. He and Matt Millen need to go die.

And we can't bring Starbury back, he's become a cancer. He had chemistry with KG, but that's gone.

And McHale raped us for 6 years without draft picks. No team can honestly get better without ANY 1st-rounders.

Pathetic.

AlphaBean
12-06-2005, 09:20 PM
Also, nobody wants to play here. Starbury demanded a trade, and most players refused to sign as free agents. They knew McHale's rep as being balls. We tried getting Ricky Davis, Juwan Howard, Gary Payton... it's just not possible. We're still the ass crack of the NBA.

BCWWF
12-07-2005, 02:36 AM
Why would they trade Garnett right now?

The Timberwolves aren't bad FYI, ESPN would like you to think that, but they aren't. Dwayne Casey is a great coach.

McDoogle
12-07-2005, 09:42 AM
We're still the ass crack of the NBA.

Technically we being the Raptors would be the ass crack of the NBA along with Atlanta.

AlphaBean
12-07-2005, 05:30 PM
Technically we being the Raptors would be the ass crack of the NBA along with Atlanta.

Nah, the Atlanta Hawks are the class of the CBA.

The Raptors have always been competitive, and at one time were a ratings powerhouse. Then Vince go bye bye, and lost all identity. LOL Chris Bosh.

I wouldn't write the Raptors off yet, and the Hawks... well, they're not an NBA team.

As much as the NBA has shit on the Wolves, though? Come on. We never had a #1 pick in our franchise history, despite always being the worst for the first 10 years.

Every pick we made was a bust, and anyone worth half a damn demanded to be traded or just left via free agency. Nobody has ever wanted to come here. And we've been over the cap since the mid 90s. We'll never be more than we are unless we can get lucky in the draft, or pull a Shaq, and convince a couple stars to join us.

BCWWF
12-09-2005, 01:15 AM
I think the Wolves end up a lower seed in the playoffs this year, but in the offseason find a way to acquire somebody like Arenas, and be legitimate again. Moreso then Randy Moss, I really highly doubt KG will be traded unless it gets utterly rediculous.

BCWWF
12-09-2005, 01:16 AM
I find it amusing to look through the hoopshype.com daily rumors though, there are "insiders" in New York who are confident that KG will be a Knick by February... See you later.

CNM
12-09-2005, 02:47 AM
The New York media is retarded. Also, the T'Wolves aren't going to get Arenas. Washington's not gonna trade him for anything Minny can offer.

BCWWF
12-09-2005, 03:21 AM
Wally :p

Nah, I would highly doubt it too, but somebody

Gertner
12-10-2005, 04:14 PM
fiction. his salary is too difficult to move, as well as the difficulty in getting a fair deal for him

BCWWF
12-10-2005, 05:16 PM
Issues like this are why I really start to dispise 24-hour sports television. They have hours of programming in which all they have to talk about is stuff like this, but in reality its probably not anywhere near the truth.

RP
12-11-2005, 02:25 AM
Well hey, Artest wants out of Indy now. Maybe we can give you Artest, Jackson and Tinsley for Garnett and a scrub.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
12-11-2005, 02:32 AM
lol I think its funny that you number these like anyone gives a fuck what number you are on

AlphaBean
12-11-2005, 08:31 AM
FACT OR FICTION #13: sTiMa loves the cock.

AlphaBean
12-11-2005, 08:32 AM
Well hey, Artest wants out of Indy now. Maybe we can give you Artest, Jackson and Tinsley for Garnett and a scrub.

If we want a tenacious defender who likes to abuse people, Sprewell is still sitting at home wanking to his TiVoed episodes of One Tree Hill.

BCWWF
12-11-2005, 02:50 PM
One of my friends was trying to tell me we should bring Spree back last night.

See him later.

The Outlaw
12-11-2005, 05:11 PM
Is that your new catch phrase?

AlphaBean
12-11-2005, 05:13 PM
I'd love to sign Spree to the veteran's minimum :love:

It would be fucking hilarious that he turned down what... 7 mil a year and now the only money he makes is off his rims?