PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Push

Xero
12-08-2005, 06:14 PM
Okay, say you were going to take ONE midcarder who has never once in his career main evented a RAW, SmackDown!, or PPV (not including segments, battle royals/Royal Rumbles, lumber jack matches, interference, etc) AND/OR never held any kind of title, and has been with the WWE for more than three years, and give them a world championship (WWE/WHC) with no buildup whatsoever.

Who would you give it to, how would you get them in the match, and how would you build him up to be a mega star AFTER he had won the title?

Edit: Just to make it clear, the entire build up of the match would have to be the same night of the win, so they basically have a maximum of 2-4 hours of buildup, depending on if it's a show or PPV.

Jaton
12-08-2005, 06:22 PM
Right now I'd push Chavo to the moon. The fans are behind him out of respect for Eddie, and that could be his whole storyline reason. The memory of Eddie drives him on..or something.

Jaton
12-08-2005, 06:26 PM
Also while I'm thinking about it, Greg Helms and Val Venis would be good choices too.

weather vane
12-08-2005, 06:27 PM
SUGAR SHANE HELMS

Afterlife
12-08-2005, 07:58 PM
Get over the "Sugar Shane" stuff, guys. It's not happening.

Afterlife
12-08-2005, 07:59 PM
But, on topic, make it a no DQ title match between Top Heel and Top Face, Heel strikes Face with chair, Richards clubs Heel with sledgehammer, Stevie gets the pin.

Boom. Surprise. All would rejoice.

Pepsi Man
12-08-2005, 08:34 PM
But, on topic, make it a no DQ title match between Top Heel and Top Face, Heel strikes Face with chair, Richards clubs Heel with sledgehammer, Stevie gets the pin.

Boom. Surprise. All would rejoice.
Yeah, Stevie was gonna be my pick too. I love Stevie Richards's work for whatever reason. So I have him come out and interrupt JBL who's out there for whatever reason about to get a title shot himself. Stevie brings up the Meanie incident and maybe mentions the BWO. Goes on and not only beats JBL, perhaps with the help of Nova and/or Meanie, taking his title shot for later in the night, but shocks everyone by actually winning the title.

Afterwards, I initially feud him with JBL, maybe give the former champ a rematch, and actually, just because I like lengthy runs, I give Stevie one. Maybe even turn him heel during it only to turn him face again later (obviously, this scenario would have him turning face to initiate the run). Stevie's just one of those guys that to me, for whatever reason, seems to be good at drawing whatever reaction he needs.

The Cerebral Assassin
12-08-2005, 08:49 PM
Smackdown: Paul Burchill - He can talk, he's solid in the ring, and he has a good look.

BigDaddyCool
12-08-2005, 09:20 PM
Oh, I was hoping this would be about the Warrior.

redoneja
12-08-2005, 09:24 PM
William Regal. As a heel. Have him attack a face champion in the opening segement and 'injure' his ribs/arm/shoulder with the Regal Stretch, setting up a title match at the end of the show. Champion fights his hardest and looks to be mounting a comeback when his injury gets the best of him. Regal locks in the Regal Stretch for the submission victory. Push him as a legitimate shooter/hooker and give him a decent title run.

mrslackalack
12-08-2005, 10:09 PM
Helms. I loved it when Owen Hart got that HUGE push starting in late 93.