PDA

View Full Version : TNA gets a mention on WWE broadcasting

Dave Youell
12-09-2005, 07:35 AM
Last Night on WWE Byte This, a caller called Adam phoned in and actually asked Todd himself about TNA! wherever he lived and watched it?

Todd put over TNA saying he liked it, they had some great wrestlers and many ex-WWE superstars, he then commented on WWE being better due to ratings and said TNA was along way of WWE's status. Still Todd was really cool, he could have bashed TNA but was honest and gave his opinon on the company.

If you wanna watch it head over to http://www.wwe.com/community/bytethis/ it's around 53 minutes into the show.

---------

Fair play to Todd, he could of been a dick and slated them, but he gave his honest opinion on it.

WWE wish Todd Grisham luck in his future endevours

Disturbed316
12-09-2005, 07:56 AM
Nice

DaVe
12-09-2005, 08:33 AM
Yeah, TNA reguarly gets mentioned on ByteThis. There has been a few other times, but the one off the top of my head was Paul Heyman.

Xero
12-09-2005, 09:14 AM
Yeah, TNA reguarly gets mentioned on ByteThis. There has been a few other times, but the one off the top of my head was Paul Heyman.
No surprise there. Heyman shoots on anything and everything.

As for Todd, I'm surprised that the had the balls to actually say that on-air. I would have expected him to have them cut the caller off. I wouldn't be surprised if they edited it out later.

Xero
12-09-2005, 09:15 AM
Todd doesn't like Corky and made fun of his mic skills. :shifty:

Kane Knight
12-09-2005, 09:38 AM
I wonder how wise that was.

CharismaInjection
12-09-2005, 09:47 AM
Well:

TNA say they're better than WWE because it's all wrestling, less talk more action.

WWE's Todd Grishum said wrestling's all good but you have to be good on the microphone, he says TNA has great guys but you give them a mic. and they sound like corky.

So it's between Promos or Wrestling?

I actually prefer Promos, some can be really great.

Destor
12-09-2005, 09:51 AM
Its between a giant douche and a turd sandwich.

Kane Knight
12-09-2005, 11:00 AM
Well:

TNA say they're better than WWE because it's all wrestling, less talk more action.

WWE's Todd Grishum said wrestling's all good but you have to be good on the microphone, he says TNA has great guys but you give them a mic. and they sound like corky.

So it's between Promos or Wrestling?

I actually prefer Promos, some can be really great.

I prefer wrestling but it needs to be supplemented with something else.

LivingDead
12-09-2005, 12:17 PM
Did you all see Todd pressing the button to hang up on the guy after he asked the question?
Notive that the guy on the phone doesn't speak at all because Todd cut him off right after he asked the question.
This was obviously don so the guy couldn't have a chance to respond to Todd.

Corkscrewed
12-09-2005, 03:33 PM
OMG TODD GRISHAM CONSPIRACIES!!!111!!!

Anyway, I'd make a joke about Todd getting fired next week, but about 54 people have already beaten me to it.

Joey Slugs
12-09-2005, 04:05 PM
WWE wish Todd Grisham luck in his future endevours

it's bound to happen now.

introducing your new Byte This host: Josh Matthews

Savio
12-09-2005, 04:16 PM
I like how he keeps ribbing on Ivory

Savio
12-09-2005, 04:20 PM
:lol: he was bombing on Corky.

Fox
12-09-2005, 09:32 PM
What did Paul Heyman say about it?

BigChris
12-09-2005, 09:48 PM
It's storytelling not mic skills that TNA lacks, but they have been getting better, I mean seriously, are they supposed to be the next wwe in under 5 years? I don't think so.

Kane Knight
12-09-2005, 09:52 PM
I'd settle for professional in under five years myself.

And it's storytelling, ring psychology, mic skills, and well-developed talent they lack.

Shawn Mega
12-09-2005, 10:38 PM
Impact don't show TNA in a good light at all. Watch a TNA ppv and watch Impact is like watching two different companies. Just like with ECW on TNN,ECW tv show suck and the ppvs/house shows were good.

I wish Impact was two hour so they can have the time to do everything the way it supposes to be done. I thought the 2 hour version of Impact was the best free TV show this year with 2 **** matches.

You have to watch TNA ppvs to understand the hype because Impact won't do a thing for you. The matches does have great ring psychology especially Daniels/Styles IronMan matches.

Boondock Saint
12-09-2005, 10:46 PM
I'm not going to spend money on the PPVs if I don't care about the matches. So I watch Impact to see if I care, and I don't.

Shawn Mega
12-09-2005, 10:55 PM
I'm not going to spend money on the PPVs if I don't care about the matches. So I watch Impact to see if I care, and I don't.

I understand but since I've been watching TNA since 2003 I really don't need to watch Impact just to care about the ppvs. The matches kinda write itself for me. I never felt rip off from the ppvs which is a good thing.