PDA

View Full Version : Miami Vice

Joey Slugs
12-13-2005, 03:23 AM
http://www.miamivicemovie.com/main.html

Micheal Mann sure can pull off a good looking flick. The trailer is on the site, though you have to jump through a few hoops to get to it.

Boondock Saint
12-13-2005, 05:20 PM
Mann is the man, plain and simple. This looks good but it definitely could suck. I'm glad he chose a more serious route with the movie instead of a comedy/spoof ala Starsky & Hutch/Charlie's Angels. He was a producer/writer/director for the show as well.

John la Rock
12-22-2005, 12:38 AM
looks pretty good as Michael Mann is the shit

Champion of Europa
12-22-2005, 01:40 PM
COLLATERAL 2

ClockShot
07-28-2006, 08:31 AM
Alright. So the movies hits silver screens nationwide today. The only way I'll go is if Jan Hammer's theme from the television series is in it.

Boondock Saint
07-28-2006, 08:40 AM
So fucking pumped for this. I :love: Michael Mann.

YOUR Hero
07-28-2006, 09:44 AM
bad movie.

ClockShot
07-28-2006, 01:10 PM
After reading a summerized plot of the movie, Tubbs and Crockett go undercover to bust a drug ring. Let's go to school really quick.

vice [ vīss ] (plural vic·es) noun

Definition: 1. immoral habit: an immoral or wicked habit or characteristic
Lying is the least of her vices. 2. depravity: immoral conduct 3. prostitution, gambling, and drugs: criminal activity connected with prostitution and other sexual offenses, gambling, and illegal drugs ( often used before a noun ) 4. mild failing in character: a mild failing or flaw in somebody's behavior or character 5. fault in animal: a fault or undesirable habit in a horse or other domestic animal

narcotic nar·cot·ic [ naar kóttik ] noun (plural nar·cot·ics)

Definition: 1. drug: a typically addictive drug, especially one derived from opium, that may produce effects ranging from pain relief and sleep to stupor, coma, and convulsions 2. illegal drug: a drug whose use is illegal, whether it is addictive or not 3. soothing thing: something that soothes, induces sleep, relieves pain or stress, or causes a sensation of mental numbness

Defintions by encarta.msn.com

Now I understand this is Michael Mann's baby all grown up. But come on now, sending an Irish guy and an actor turned musician to stop drug trafficing is not what Vice is. Let's leave that work to Miami Narcs. Does Crockett still roll around in the drug dealer's Ferarri?, does Elvis make an apperance?, are they sportin' pastel colored T-shirts under Armani suits and not wearing sox with their shoes?

I'm all for bringing making great TV shows into a movie. But since this one drags on for 2 and a half hours, and probably does not run alongside the television show, I'm not gonna waste my money.

Boondock Saint
07-28-2006, 01:56 PM
Michael Mann can do no wrong.

Just John
07-28-2006, 02:08 PM
Why is there a black guy in it? I thought the series had white guys.

TerranRich
07-28-2006, 03:34 PM
O RLY?

http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/3995/53540058ny8.jpg

He looks black to me.

And yeah, this movie looks WAY off from the series, although I've never seen either.

Just John
07-28-2006, 03:38 PM
O RLY?

http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Mptv/1368/5354_0058.jpg

He looks black to me.

And yeah, this movie looks WAY off from the series, although I've never seen either.

Woah shit, I always imagined it to be two mafia type white guys.

TerranRich
07-28-2006, 03:45 PM
I'm sick of Colin Farrell taking American-accent-speaking roles. :p

ClockShot
07-28-2006, 07:25 PM
I'm sick of Colin Farrell taking American-accent-speaking roles. :p

:y: Agreed.

Downunder
07-29-2006, 02:00 AM
O RLY?

http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/3995/53540058ny8.jpg

He looks black to me.

:rofl:

Boondock Saint
07-29-2006, 02:15 AM
Liked it a lot. Not as good as Heat or Collateral but still a fun time. More of a cop drama like Heat than an action movie though.

korinkahn
07-29-2006, 06:54 PM
Liked it a lot. Not as good as Heat or Collateral but still a fun time. More of a cop drama like Heat than an action movie though.

One of the worst films of the year-stay away from this garbage! MMann directoral style is horrible-just bad * of 5*

Boondock Saint
07-29-2006, 07:11 PM
MMann directoral style is horrible-just bad

You're dumb.

Shaggy
07-30-2006, 01:23 PM
Im gonna see it but Im just predicting that this movie is gonna bomb...

Crimson
07-30-2006, 02:25 PM
Didn't like it...didn't care for the characters they had no personalities whatsoever...didn't care if Foxx's gf died...they cast the wrong girl for that asian lady's part her acting sucked...and Farrel didn't do that great either.

korinkahn
07-30-2006, 03:12 PM
You can not even understand the dialogue

Blitz
08-01-2006, 10:04 PM
It was alright. Performances were not great, but the visuals were fucking stunning.

Stickman
08-02-2006, 01:16 PM
I heard it had NOTHING to do with the TV series therefore there's no reason to see it.

Maverick
08-02-2006, 01:38 PM
If its nothing like the series I don't wanna see it.

Buzzkill
08-02-2006, 06:20 PM
If its nothing like the serious, I want to see it.

loopydate
08-03-2006, 09:50 PM
I saw it today. It wasn't bad. I know I should take it on its own merits, but after as good as Collateral was, I was really excited about this. And on that front, I was a little disappointed.

It was well-acted all the way around (although the dialogue was a little hard to decipher at times), and I love Mann's directorial style. Good choices on the soundtrack, too.

Also, some of the action pieces were very good. The climactic shootout was very good, and I like that they never had more than a handful of shots fired at any other point during the movie (aside from the opening sequence, of course). It made that last hail of gunfire that much more exciting.

Usually I don't care for overly-realistic blood in movies, but some of the kills in this were spectacular. Particularly (spoilers in black) the female cop shooting the guy with the detonator and the guys getting blown to shit in the car at the very beginning (did the one guy's ARM get blown off?)

For what it was, a blockbuster action movie, it was a lot of fun. Not the best movie of the summer by any means, but it was worth the price of admission. And not just because the power went out in my apartment and I needed someplace to go that was air-conditioned.

Buzzkill
08-03-2006, 10:23 PM
Yeah Collateral was f'n awesome.

loopydate
08-03-2006, 10:31 PM
Collateral's one of the best crime dramas of the last decade, easy. Great writing, great performances, absolutely beautiful cinematography. And, again, a phenomenal soundtrack.

Mr. Monday Morning
08-04-2006, 05:14 AM
Yeah I tend to agree with most people above, especially about the dialogue being hard to follow in places.

I never watched the series so I don't really care at all whether it was close to it or not, I just like Mann's films. The shootout towards the end had echoes of Heat to it, and he even re-used a couple of music cues from Heat through the film. Gonna have to go back and check if he did it in Collateral too.

Skippord
08-04-2006, 07:38 AM
I know the best song in the movie is the Nonpoint one

The Mask
08-12-2006, 08:29 AM
i quite liked it. you could hear colin farrel's irishness coming through now and then though

Lara Emily
08-12-2006, 09:31 AM
Collateral's one of the best crime dramas of the last decade, easy. Great writing, great performances, absolutely beautiful cinematography. And, again, a phenomenal soundtrack.

Yet nearly crippled by a terrible ending.

Ben Rodrigues
08-13-2006, 11:00 PM
This was actually the first movie I've ever walked out of. I loved the amaturish looking camera shots in some of the scenes - but the story dragged and the acting by all was terrible.

Vastardikai
08-15-2006, 03:05 AM
I hope this isn't too old to bump.

I thought the ending blew more ass then a hurricane on a Nude Beach. I was like... That's it?

Also, for some reason, Colin Farrell looked like Scott Stap with a Mustache.

The only good part, IMO, was the guy walking in front of the Semi. I kind of want to do the same at the end of it. Also (spoilers in Black) Who the Fuck was the Leak? All I got was it was some FBI guy.

Mr. Monday Morning
08-15-2006, 02:07 PM
Also (spoilers in Black) Who the Fuck was the Leak? All I got was it was some FBI guy.

Good question. For some reason I started to think it was the fat black guy who was coordinating them, but apparently not :$

Downunder
08-17-2006, 12:05 AM
I'm watching it now, pretty fucking boring.

Downunder
08-17-2006, 08:09 AM
Ok it was shit, what the fuck it had to with Miami Vice I don't know.

Load of bollocks, it was just another bad cop movie.

:n: :n: :n: