PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Kurt Angle Poll

LivingDead
12-14-2005, 03:22 PM
There's a good poll on pwinsider in relation to Kurt Angle as a heel.

The question is "Do you feel it was in poor taste to have Kurt Angle use the troops overseas to get heel heat?"
The current top answer is "Yes, it was in poor taste, but I'm used to such things from WWE, so it doesn't annoy me."

What do you think?

Kane Knight
12-14-2005, 03:24 PM
Is there an "I don't give a shit, he's playing off a crowd like wrestlers are supposed to do" option?

Xero
12-14-2005, 03:24 PM
Is anything the WWE does nowadays not in poor taste?

Kane Knight
12-14-2005, 03:30 PM
Is anything the WWE does nowadays not in poor taste?

Well, there's...

I think you're right.

Kane Knight
12-14-2005, 03:31 PM
Seriously, I don't know what he did. When did this happen?

And are his actions "Spoiler" worthy?

Xero
12-14-2005, 03:33 PM
Small spoiler for next week's RAW...

He basically trashed the troops to further his heel heat with the fans. He said that he wasn't going to Afghanistan to do the special so he didn't have to hear the "You Suck" chants. (Which was taped before he said that anyway).

The Gooch
12-14-2005, 03:34 PM
Seriously, I don't know what he did. When did this happen?

And are his actions "Spoiler" worthy?

He did it Monday so yes it is a spoiler. You also missed a good Flair vs Angle match KK to answer another thread.

Loose Cannon
12-14-2005, 03:34 PM
Angle basically has a form of the Bret Hart gimmick in 97. He basically said the Americans cheer for the wrong heroes and how everything is screwed up. He said something like nobody respects him even though he's done so much for the country. He said that he doesn't care about the troops because there over in Iraq doing nothing or something like that.

But anyway, I love the gimmick cause eveything he says is true. lol

Kane Knight
12-14-2005, 03:57 PM
He did it Monday so yes it is a spoiler. You also missed a good Flair vs Angle match KK to answer another thread.

Awww...Damn. That sucks that I missed it.

Anyone got a better recap of what he said than LC's? No offense, but if people are asking whether he crossed the line, I'd like a little more info.

Rob
12-14-2005, 06:43 PM
Really at this stage, who the hell cares?

redoneja
12-14-2005, 06:59 PM
Is there an "I don't give a shit, he's playing off a crowd like wrestlers are supposed to do" option?

RGWhat316
12-14-2005, 08:09 PM
I understand wanting to get more heel heat, by I was surprised to hear him say that Monday night. You know he doesn't really feel that way, so I was a little disappointed that they did make him go there.

But with so many attempts to do things in poor taste, I really shouldn't be surprised with those comments.

Kane Knight
12-14-2005, 08:12 PM
I understand wanting to get more heel heat, by I was surprised to hear him say that Monday night. You know he doesn't really feel that way, so I was a little disappointed that they did make him go there.

But with so many attempts to do things in poor taste, I really shouldn't be surprised with those comments.

I somehow doubt ANYONE made him go there.

Cuzziebro
12-15-2005, 07:09 AM
In relation to teh question i dont thin khe overstepped the mark, shouldnt they be complaining about Orton using Eddies lowrider... oh no wait that was more than two weeks ago we forgot about that.

HeartBreakMan2k
12-16-2005, 09:41 AM
In relation to teh question i dont thin khe overstepped the mark, shouldnt they be complaining about Orton using Eddies lowrider... oh no wait that was more than two weeks ago we forgot about that.

:wtf: Where were you, they did complain like fuckin hell when he used the lowrider.

Disturbed316
12-16-2005, 09:44 AM
Boo fucking hoo. So he bashed the troops, big whoop. JBL saluted Hitler, IN GERMANY, and you didn't see wanky polls going up all round the net.

He was just doing what heels do, deal with it.

Kane Knight
12-16-2005, 10:15 AM
Boo fucking hoo. So he bashed the troops, big whoop. JBL saluted Hitler, IN GERMANY, and you didn't see wanky polls going up all round the net.

He was just doing what heels do, deal with it.

To be fair, almost nobody respected JBL.

How many people respect Angle?