PDA

View Full Version : Sevendust version of Hurt. Is it me, or is he screwing the lyrics up?

alvarado52
12-15-2005, 02:00 PM
I mean, i think they did a alright job of the song, but the most irritating thing is, they seem to screw up the lyrics on a couple occasions. Am i right? Did the fool just forget and throw in the previous lyrics?

FourFifty
12-15-2005, 02:27 PM
I believe we're also talking about this in the wrestling forum.... Sevendust sucks and my statement ends there.

Kane Knight
12-15-2005, 04:40 PM
What lyrical "mistakes" are there?

D Mac
12-15-2005, 05:16 PM
I like Sevendust. "Home" is a good album.

Jason Cage
12-15-2005, 05:19 PM
they killed the song.

Kane Knight
12-15-2005, 06:23 PM

PorkSoda
12-15-2005, 08:03 PM
Sevendust version of Hurt......Sevendust kicks ass, but I don't think they should have done it. I never heard it so I don't know. I know nothing. I don't know hot sauce from chili.

Kane Knight
12-15-2005, 09:10 PM
On top of using the Johnny Cash lyrics (I know it's a tribute, STFU) instead of the originals, he fucks up several times.

el fregadero
12-15-2005, 09:17 PM

Kane Knight
12-15-2005, 11:17 PM
The one I immediately remember is...

Original: Beneath the stain of time
The feeling disappears
You are someone else
I am still right here

New version is something like : Beneath the stain of time
The feeling disappears
I am someone else
but I remember everything

I'd listen for more, but I don't really wanna hear their crappy version again. It's not about the lyrics, it's just...:|

D Mac
12-17-2005, 03:14 AM
http://search.music.yahoo.com/search/?m=video&p=sevendust&x=5&y=8

Check out the video for Enemy. 2 points if you can guess who the woman is in it.

Kane Knight
12-17-2005, 05:26 PM
Did the fool just forget and throw in the previous lyrics?

Pretty much.

Skippord
12-20-2005, 02:42 PM
Man the NIN version sucks unmercyful

Skippord
12-20-2005, 02:42 PM

Check out the video for Enemy. 2 points if you can guess who the woman is in it.

Enemy RAWKS

Kane Knight
12-20-2005, 03:37 PM

God just killed a kitten for your retarded comment. :'(

D Mac
12-20-2005, 03:43 PM

Chyna

therocksays
01-05-2006, 04:39 PM
havent heard the sevendust version yet... but just guessing it wont be as good or half as good as NIN or johnny cash.

MVP
01-05-2006, 05:05 PM
Is it just me or does Sevendust suck balls

Skippord
01-06-2006, 01:09 AM
God just killed a kitten for your retarded comment. :'(

:'(

94 SVT Cobra
01-06-2006, 02:29 AM
I never imagined in a thousand years covering a nine inch nails song that was so little known to any body who wasnt a NIN fan (down since 97) would be a song someone would cover. I still think the orignal version is the best,
trent reznor=modern day Bethoven

therocksays
01-06-2006, 04:12 PM
well i just heard their version of hurt, and well its not that bad really, i thought it was going to be a lot worse.

NIN version is still better.

Bazooka
01-06-2006, 07:02 PM
NIN has a great version, and the version of Hurt by the collaboration of David Bowie/NIN is decent.

Kane Knight
01-06-2006, 10:01 PM
I never imagined in a thousand years covering a nine inch nails song that was so little known to any body who wasnt a NIN fan (down since 97) would be a song someone would cover. I still think the orignal version is the best,
trent reznor=modern day Bethoven

I's not a little known song. It's one of the better known songs on one of his bigger records.

What Would Kevin Do?
01-07-2006, 07:43 AM
I can't stand NIN, but I can tolerate/sort of like Downward Spiral.... I always hated Hurt though, never could stand it. Ironically, I love Johnny's cover of it.

Kane Knight
01-07-2006, 10:09 AM
I'm guessing you dig what your TV tells you to. :)

samichna
01-16-2006, 11:55 AM
lol

Watson
01-23-2006, 10:16 PM

No doubt. After hearing people say NIN's version is better I decided to give it a listen and it was absolutely horrid.

What Would Kevin Do?
01-24-2006, 07:52 AM
I'm guessing you dig what your TV tells you to. :)

Nah, just can't stand his music. I think he's horribly overrated. Mind you I had a psycho girlfriend who tried to cram them down my throat for a year and a half, and always felt the need to listen to them, especially shit like hurt, when she was feeling down. You can only hear about how "great" someone is and how great it related to life before ya just want to say "Shut the fuck up, he's not that fucking great."

Don't get me wrong, NIN does have some good songs, but I don't think Trent is as godly as everyone makes him out to be. Plus the way he does Hurt just wants to make me scream "Shut the fuck up you whiny fucking penis."

Kane Knight
01-24-2006, 09:33 AM
Nah, just can't stand his music. I think he's horribly overrated.

Which explains why you chose his breakthru album, the one everyone sucks his dick over, to make an exception for.

Kane Knight
01-24-2006, 09:40 AM
Cash's version is shit, BTW, and the sad thing is, even Cash fans can't admit he could do loads better than that.

Sorry, I grew up on the guy. My family comes from Maine...My parents grew up with the option of screwing their siblings and listening to country music. Johnny Cash phoned this bullshit in, and people gush over it because it's him and nothing else. The guy could piss on a microphone and half the fuckers masturbating his piece of shit cover would still be working with a stiffy.

I know what Cash can do. This shit is depressing. Not because of the content, or the tone of his voice, but because he could do so much better.

Not to mention the only thing that really makes "Hurt" a good song to begin with is the dissonance of it. It's not really that special in terms of songwriting (lyrics) or sentiment (EMO ALERT)

TerranRich
01-24-2006, 09:51 AM
So there are 4 versions of this song now? I know of the Cash version (Eddie tribute) and the NIN version (mainstream, played on radio a lot), but that's it.

Kane Knight
01-24-2006, 10:07 AM
So there are 4 versions of this song now? I know of the Cash version (Eddie tribute) and the NIN version (mainstream, played on radio a lot), but that's it.

NiN themselves have done several versions, not to mention the Trent+Bowie version.

What Would Kevin Do?
01-24-2006, 02:23 PM
Which explains why you chose his breakthru album, the one everyone sucks his dick over, to make an exception for.

Outside of whatever CD has "Terrible Lie" Downward Spiral has the highest percentage of songs I can tolerate. I don't really care if it's his breakthrough cd or not. I like what I like. I could give two shits if Bobby fucking Random hears it on the radio and likes it.