PDA

View Full Version : Not Black Enough?

VonErich Lives
12-16-2005, 08:42 PM
Been a few days and haven't seen it mentioned, maybe this belongs in discuission.

the PA head of the NAACP had a few comments about McNabb, among them were he wasn't black enough, something about his style of play leading into black QB stereo types or not helping them... that he should give Owens money.

So, any thoughts? and I've looked for the exact transcript and had no luck, just bits with columnists comments if someone has the whole thing, please link/post it!

BCWWF
12-17-2005, 01:00 AM
I just don't care about Donovan McNabb. If he was the team leader like he is made out to be he wouldn't have let himself and his get shat on like that. He also probably would have won a Super Bowl.

On second thought, probably not. I don't blame him for losing to the Pats last year, they were obviously the best team, but I do think he is overrated.

VonErich Lives
12-17-2005, 08:32 AM
I just don't care about Donovan McNabb. If he was the team leader like he is made out to be he wouldn't have let himself and his get shat on like that. He also probably would have won a Super Bowl.

On second thought, probably not. I don't blame him for losing to the Pats last year, they were obviously the best team, but I do think he is overrated.

I'm not sure I think he's "over rated" but that aside, WTF at a NAACP head saying someone isn't black enough (would like to hear the thoughts of one of the black posters on here).

Also, how do you respond to something like that? Defend yourself or brush the guy off as a quack?

Crimson
12-18-2005, 02:51 PM
That guy that made those comments is an idiot. He has no credentials, backround, related to sports, he is just the president of the NAACP who decided to get some press. He said something along the lines of McNabb not being a scrambling qb like previous black qb's. That comment alone should make everyone discredit him.

Funky Fly
12-18-2005, 03:38 PM
I've heard that sort of thing before, it's tired. How do you "act black" exactly?

At the next game, McNabb should just drive onto the field in a tricked out Hummer with 30 inch gold-plated, diamond-encrusted rims wearing a 10 pound platinum chain with 20 or so half naked women. Then he should snort a line of coke off therir tits.

The Outlaw
12-18-2005, 04:28 PM
LOL Funky.

Yeah, that guy is ridiculous. McNabb handled it pretty well. He's used to getting shit on and then proving people wrong, though.

The Gooch
12-19-2005, 08:59 AM
Nothing like being put in a horrible situation. Poor Donovan, he is probably pissed, but can't tell off this political Jackoff for fear of offending other black people. I always though Donovan was a really good QB, not great yet, but really good. However, he has always come across as being a classy individual which in the world of professional sports makes me a fan even though I hate the Eagles (being a Packers fan, no explanation should be needed).

BCWWF
12-19-2005, 03:52 PM
And being a Vikings fan I hate you :p

road doggy dogg
12-19-2005, 11:39 PM
I've heard that sort of thing before, it's tired. How do you "act black" exactly?

how do u 'act black' :wtf:

The Miz
12-20-2005, 01:19 AM
how do u 'act black' :wtf:

I won the 2002 Stima Impersonation Contest with that line :cool:

The Gooch
12-20-2005, 07:29 AM
And being a Vikings fan I hate you :p

As well you should. If you showed love there would be no fun in that.

Packers got clobbered last night, looks like we are going to our 6th string RB.

Johnny Vegas
12-21-2005, 11:18 AM
Ok...first off, the Pres. of the NAACP should really be put under some type of suspension or punishment by the NAACP themselves. That comment was ignorant, and flat out proved some whites point of black hypocricy. The Eagles are my favorite team besides the Vikings and he has lead that team to 4 straight NFC Championships, 3 WITH BASICALLY NO WIDE RECEIVERS!! I wanted to emphasize that because not many QBs can do that. Me being a black person, i'm known to be the "multi-personality" guy. I can hang out in a white group, asian group, black group, latin group, whatever. And like FF, i REALLY do not see what the hell is up with "acting black" or "acting white". Hell, maybe Donovan should start doing KFC commercials or Kool-Aid spots. That outta make the pres. of the NAACP happy..:roll: The whole scrambling thing is probably one of the most stereotypical comments i've heard a black person say. Let the man play football, and you run the NAACP. Have personal opinons? Talk amongst yourselves asshole, not publically.

Point: Live the nigga (McNabb) alone.