PDA

View Full Version : Some Observer Newsletter Notes - A WWE return, big Joe news, Juvi...

hb2k
12-22-2005, 08:27 AM
From this weeks Observer -

Charlie Haas is being brought back to WWE, and they're considering bringing in Chuck Palumbo and Aaron Aguilera as well.

Brian Gerwitz went to an ROH show recently at the request of Samoa Joe. Gerwitz went back raving about Milano Collection A.T. The big story on Joe is that he isn't thrilled with TNA's pay structure right now. The assumption is that Joe is making in the region of $500 to $750 per show right now, and negotiations are going on in an attempt to bump him up. Obviously Sting's new deal, in the region of $500,000 for one year irked the guys who were told that pay rises weren't feasible as the company is losing money (which it is). Joe inviting Gerwitz was apparently to get the word to WWE that he is willing to move if TNA doesn't give him the bump up he feels he deserves for his efforts (which would be in the $1,000 + per shot bracket). Coincidently, Johnny Ace apparently has a lot of interest in Samoa Joe, feeling that "he could be the top level heel that Rikishi could never pull off being."

In this weeks's Juventud story, JBL and Orton are now apparently making life miserable for him. He also brought his girlfriend to a taping, and asked for her to come to the ring with him, which they didn't go with. Juvi then complained why Booker T could have his wife out there but not him. It was explained to him with a few differences. 1) She's his wife, 2) She's under a contract as a full-time performer, 3) She speaks English. He also got some heat when puting about being asked to job for Kid Kash.

jerichoholic169
12-22-2005, 08:33 AM
Juvi really is a tool.

Joe in WWE?? I could see him being that top level heel that TNA are trying to pull off. He just has that look. It would be interesting to see how much of his moveset he'd be allowed to use though.

CharismaInjection
12-22-2005, 08:56 AM
Charlie Haas?

hmm....

Xero
12-22-2005, 08:58 AM
I saw Joe for the first time wrestle on the last Impact. Man I've become a mark for him.

Also, when I say "Orton" and "Girlfriend" one sentence away from each other I thought the worst. :shifty: :lol:

Kane Knight
12-22-2005, 09:02 AM
So is the 500 bucks per taping, or per actual show?

Impact!
12-22-2005, 09:43 AM

Charlie Haas is being brought back to WWE, and they're considering bringing in Chuck Palumbo and Aaron Aguilera as well.

Brian Gerwitz went to an ROH show recently at the request of Samoa Joe. Gerwitz went back raving about Milano Collection A.T. The big story on Joe is that he isn't thrilled with TNA's pay structure right now. The assumption is that Joe is making in the region of $500 to $750 per show right now, and negotiations are going on in an attempt to bump him up. Obviously Sting's new deal, in the region of $500,000 for one year irked the guys who were told that pay rises weren't feasible as the company is losing money (which it is). Joe inviting Gerwitz was apparently to get the word to WWE that he is willing to move if TNA doesn't give him the bump up he feels he deserves for his efforts (which would be in the $1,000 + per shot bracket). Coincidently, Johnny Ace apparently has a lot of interest in Samoa Joe, feeling that "he could be the top level heel that Rikishi could never pull off being."

In this weeks's Juventud story, JBL and Orton are now apparently making life miserable for him. He also brought his girlfriend to a taping, and asked for her to come to the ring with him, which they didn't go with. Juvi then complained why Booker T could have his wife out there but not him. It was explained to him with a few differences. 1) She's his wife, 2) She's under a contract as a full-time performer, 3) She speaks English. He also got some heat when puting about being asked to job for Kid Kash.
LOL, gotta love Juvi

In truth I'd rather Joe stay in TNA as IMO I dont think he'd be anywhere as good in the WWE.

And a return of Haas, Palumbo and Aguila would be good shit.

Dave Youell
12-22-2005, 09:55 AM
Good for Charlie, they never should of gotten rid of him in the first place.

Joe in the WWE would be terrible, absolute rubbish, he's better off in the indies

hb2k
12-22-2005, 10:02 AM
So is the 500 bucks per taping, or per actual show?

Per show.

KingofOldSchool
12-22-2005, 10:12 AM
Joe in the WWE would be terrible, absolute rubbish, he's better off in the indies

Oh yes it'd be SOOOO much better for Joe to stay in the indies, wrestle in front of 500 fans for some chump change. Whereas he can go to the WWE, wrestle in front of millions of people and make a nice sum of money.

Yes, absolute rubbish.

hb2k
12-22-2005, 10:15 AM
Well, in all fairness, Joe is a top indy guy and probably makes a nice bit of coin as it is, plus he can have fun making his own schedule and doing what he wants, which may be a big thing for him. Meltzer's point was that, when all the matches from the indies take their toll on you physically, the guaranteed money becomes more attractive.

Loose Cannon
12-22-2005, 10:15 AM
LOL @ Juvi getting pissed about jobbing

JH
12-22-2005, 10:21 AM
The Observer is wrong on one thing it has already been reported that TNA is now turning a profit not losing money

McLegend
12-22-2005, 10:23 AM
Oh yes it'd be SOOOO much better for Joe to stay in the indies, wrestle in front of 500 fans for some chump change. Whereas he can go to the WWE, wrestle in front of millions of people and make a nice sum of money.

Yes, absolute rubbish.
Yeah, but he pretty much wouldn't be Joe in the WWE. He's turned down WWE before. Not saying he won't go, but Joe in the WWE would not be Joe.

Joe should stay in TNA where he come help TNA out, and become a star at the same time.

Cool King
12-22-2005, 10:23 AM

:D:y:

:lol:

CharismaInjection
12-22-2005, 10:24 AM
I just gotta say it one more time:

THE JUICE = RATINGS!!!!

KingofOldSchool
12-22-2005, 10:25 AM
Well, in all fairness, Joe is a top indy guy and probably makes a nice bit of coin as it is, plus he can have fun making his own schedule and doing what he wants, which may be a big thing for him. Meltzer's point was that, when all the matches from the indies take their toll on you physically, the guaranteed money becomes more attractive.

"If you're in wrestling other than to make money, then you're a damn fool."

That's a Gorilla Monsoon quote that he passed on to Bobby Heenan. And it's the truth.

No random indy promotion can pay Samoa Joe a lot of money, especially if he isn't an established name. And let's be real...he's not. If he walked into the WWE on Monday night...probably only 35% of those fans would know who he is. In order for him to get better indy money he has to goto the WWE for a while and make a name for himself. He doesn't have to become WWE Champion, he just has to be around long enough and get over enough that indy promoters will feel comfortable about paying him top tier money.

I mean sure, a lot of people can't handle the toll of being on the road 24/7. Look at Brock Lesnar, he got burnt out on being on the road all the time. So what did he do? He quit. Now he's making a good living in Japan. So what seperates Lesnar and Joe? Lesnar is an established name, people know him and recognize him.

If Joe decides to go to the WWE, it will only benefit his career.

FourFifty
12-22-2005, 10:25 AM
HASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Kane Knight
12-22-2005, 10:27 AM
Per show.

So he's gonna give up a light touring schedule where he's getting pushed despite using like 4 moves, for more money but constant touring, , a Velocity debut, and half his (Current) moveset banned? :?:

LK
12-22-2005, 10:28 AM
I like the idea of Joe in the WWE.

hb2k
12-22-2005, 10:50 AM
The Observer is wrong on one thing it has already been reported that TNA is now turning a profit not losing money

Panda is still out $20 million on TNA. They are generating more revenue now, but they are not making money that hasn't been put in. They haven't made a profit on TNA, and are still over $20 million away from doing so.

In a sidenote, Morphoplex, a major TNA sponsor, actually made a bid to buy the company from Panda recently, but Bob Carter turned them down. The offer was basically paying them for everything they have invested, but it's seems the Carters are sticking with TNA, which is a good thing.

hb2k
12-22-2005, 10:52 AM
"If you're in wrestling other than to make money, then you're a damn fool."

That's a Gorilla Monsoon quote that he passed on to Bobby Heenan. And it's the truth.

No random indy promotion can pay Samoa Joe a lot of money, especially if he isn't an established name. And let's be real...he's not. If he walked into the WWE on Monday night...probably only 35% of those fans would know who he is. In order for him to get better indy money he has to goto the WWE for a while and make a name for himself. He doesn't have to become WWE Champion, he just has to be around long enough and get over enough that indy promoters will feel comfortable about paying him top tier money.

I mean sure, a lot of people can't handle the toll of being on the road 24/7. Look at Brock Lesnar, he got burnt out on being on the road all the time. So what did he do? He quit. Now he's making a good living in Japan. So what seperates Lesnar and Joe? Lesnar is an established name, people know him and recognize him.

If Joe decides to go to the WWE, it will only benefit his career.

I totally agree, but for a lot of the guys on the indies in a position where they are at least making money, a lot of it is about the passion for wrestling, which was the reason Joe turned them down in the first place. Also, Joe has to have some reservations, given WWE's shocking lack of anything resembling good booking as of late.

JH
12-22-2005, 10:52 AM
i read an interview with dixie carter on 1wrestling and she said point blank they are turning a profit and have made their money back

hb2k
12-22-2005, 10:54 AM
And a wrestling promoter would never lie about how their business is doing, would they Vince?

CSL
12-22-2005, 11:20 AM
<font color=white>Haas yes, Palumbo maybe (in the right capacity) but Aaron Aguilera again? WTF for? Wasn't Jesus bad enough 1st time round? And repackaging won't save him either</font>

kinglacoste
12-22-2005, 11:28 AM
fat joe is a fat fuck with no wrestling talent. i would much rather watch cm punk all christmas day then to watch just one fat joe match.

FourFifty
12-22-2005, 11:34 AM
I just realize that the next time WWE does something totally stupid or while I'm watching a divas match, I can no longer say "AND CHARLIE HASS DOESN'T HAVE A JOB!!!!"

KingofOldSchool
12-22-2005, 12:01 PM
Maybe Haas will come back as Shelton Benjamin's "momma."

The Naitch
12-22-2005, 06:32 PM
Meh, forget about Haas. He's boring and has no charisma

Atleast Aaron Agueilera can work the mic and would fit well with Carlito again

And Juvi, yeah he's a but delusional right now

Kane Knight
12-22-2005, 08:10 PM
And a wrestling promoter would never lie about how their business is doing, would they Vince?

:lol:

Shadow
12-22-2005, 09:01 PM
Maybe Haas will come back as Shelton Benjamin's "momma."

....That's so bad man....really, it is.

mrslackalack
12-22-2005, 09:04 PM
Nice to see Haas back.

Skippord
12-22-2005, 10:10 PM
I like the idea of Joe in the WWE.

Samoa Joe in the WWE = Hawaii Steve

Skippord
12-22-2005, 10:16 PM
Sorry bout that

Kane Knight
12-22-2005, 11:23 PM
No you're not.

weather vane
12-22-2005, 11:24 PM
Fucking Rights!

Chuck Palumbo! Now all we need is Sean O'Haire, Jindrak, Mike Sanders, Stasiak and we have The Natural Born Thrillers back!

Skippord
12-23-2005, 12:00 AM
No you're not.

I forgot to say something I LIED

Kane Knight
12-23-2005, 12:07 AM
Did you

Skippord
12-23-2005, 12:41 AM
Lil bit

Mr. Nerfect
12-23-2005, 02:19 AM
Charlie Haas! Yes! I don't know what I'd rather see, The World's Greatest Tag Team on RAW, or a Benjamin vs. Haas feud.

Chuck Palumbo! Yes! While watching the RAW special, I recently thought it is sad that Chris Palumbo (not that he doesn't deserve recognition) got more attention from the WWE than his brother Chuck did his entire career. Plumbo on SmackDown! wouldn't be too bad, maybe he could re-join Nunzio and team with Vito?

Aaron Aguilera! Yes! I was upset when the WWE let this guy go, and it is surprising that I thought about him today, then read he might be back. He is apparently great on the mic, and he's not bad in the ring. He can help the IC or US Divisions wherever he goes. I'm not sure if I would stick him with Carlito again, though (unless they formed a permanent team).

Samoa Joe! Yes! I really want to see Kurt Angle vs. Samoa Joe. Something about it just makes me mark out in my pants. Angle staring down Joe, like what the fuck is this fat guy going to do, then Samoa Joe out-wrestling Angle to what would be a truly "Holy shit!" moment for a lot of people. I honestly believe Joe is money. I personally believe he should immediately be a babyface, though.

James Steele
12-23-2005, 02:32 AM
With Charlie Haas, I think they could help the tag division. I know Shelton is a good singles wrestler, but he has plenty of time to go back to that.

Anyway, fast forward to the road to WrestleMania. Kane & Big Show are dominating everyone. Eventually, Kane and Show finish a squash then Shelton's music hits. He comes out and says that he knows a tag team who can stop the monsters. He knows a team who can beat them for the world tag team titles. The World's Greatest Tag Team!

*cue WGTT's music*

Charlie Haas comes from behind with a steel chair and knocks down Show and Kane. Shelton runs down to the ring and a the 2 teams just go at it until security comes out and finally breaks it up. The GM comes out and says that they can settle it next week in a No Disqualification Tag Team match. The next week, WGTT beats Show & Kane. They then demand a World Tag Team Title match on the world's greatest stage...WRESTLEMANIA!

I also think they could reform Team Angle [w/ Daivari] (added bonus- Daivari & Angle could help Haas/Benjamin in the mic skills dept.)

ddpBANG
12-23-2005, 03:28 AM
Haas - I'd like to see Haas back. I just hope they use him this time.

Palumbo - Don't wanna see him. I say bring back Johnny the Bull and put him back in the FBI. That'd put another legit tag team on SD. Johnny and Vito could do things in that division.

Jesus - I've heard nothing but good things about this guy, if used right, it might work out. I'd be interested to see what they can do with him.

Mr. Nerfect
12-23-2005, 06:03 AM
With Charlie Haas, I think they could help the tag division. I know Shelton is a good singles wrestler, but he has plenty of time to go back to that.

Anyway, fast forward to the road to WrestleMania. Kane & Big Show are dominating everyone. Eventually, Kane and Show finish a squash then Shelton's music hits. He comes out and says that he knows a tag team who can stop the monsters. He knows a team who can beat them for the world tag team titles. The World's Greatest Tag Team!

*cue WGTT's music*

Charlie Haas comes from behind with a steel chair and knocks down Show and Kane. Shelton runs down to the ring and a the 2 teams just go at it until security comes out and finally breaks it up. The GM comes out and says that they can settle it next week in a No Disqualification Tag Team match. The next week, WGTT beats Show & Kane. They then demand a World Tag Team Title match on the world's greatest stage...WRESTLEMANIA!

I also think they could reform Team Angle [w/ Daivari] (added bonus- Daivari & Angle could help Haas/Benjamin in the mic skills dept.)

I would mark out if Kurt Angle, Khosrow Daivari, Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas formed a stable together. That would be seven shades of awesome.

Mr. Nerfect
12-23-2005, 06:06 AM
I've been teasing myself, and started watching some old Paul London vs. Akio matches. Seriously, those two had some world class chemistry together. I really think the WWE should consider re-hiring Jimmy Yang. He's a great cruiser, and if you ever want a match on an edition of SmackDown! or on PPV when you're running short, throw London and Akio out there and watch them work magic. Brian Kendrick vs. Akio would also be pretty good.

In all seriousness, I could see Paul London and Akio square-off every day for the rest of my life and never get sick of it.

Afterlife
12-23-2005, 06:20 AM
Charlie Hass = Sweet, original submission finisher; Kickass overall power; Guaranteed to be the next Christian.

Chuck Palumbo = Better come back as "Custom" Chucky P, b/c he has the baddest chassy on the roster.

Aaron Aguilera = PLEASE come in saying the company "stabbed him in the back" by releasing him.

Overall, good things are returning; let's just hope the returns are good things.

Disturbed316
12-23-2005, 07:43 AM
I :heart: Juvi

Oh and they need to bring back Sean O'Haire :mad:

hb2k
12-23-2005, 10:10 AM
Charlie Hass = Sweet, original submission finisher; Kickass overall power; Guaranteed to be the next Christian.

Except...the lack of charisma. Which is exactly what made him Christian.

Kane Knight
12-23-2005, 10:31 AM
Except...the lack of charisma. Which is exactly what made him Christian.

Yeah, His super wrestling ability is NOT what makes Christian Christian.

His faith in God and his eventual loss of smile is what makes him Christian. :shifty:

hb2k
12-23-2005, 10:35 AM
Exactly...huh?

My point is, the reason Christian got super over was because he had great skills in pretty much every area - in-ring, on the mic, charisma...Haas hasn't showed that he has the mic work or charisma to get over to that degree...

CSL
12-23-2005, 10:53 AM
<font color=white>Anyone get the feeling that if Samoa Joe is bought in, they'll stick him with Carlito?</font>

Kane Knight
12-23-2005, 11:19 AM
Anyone get the feeling that if Samoa Joe is bought in, they'll stick him with Carlito?

"Submissive? Das not cool"

James Steele
12-23-2005, 01:17 PM
LOL

Gertner
12-23-2005, 01:30 PM
good to see haas back i liked him

Y3J
12-23-2005, 02:45 PM
Haas + Benjamin - finally a decent tag team

Kane Knight
12-23-2005, 02:49 PM
Haas + Benjamin - finally a decent tag team

The world's greatest, at that.

CharismaInjection
12-23-2005, 03:00 PM
So, is it confirmed Haas is coming back, no one else has mentioned it??????

hb2k
12-23-2005, 03:20 PM
Besides Meltzer, the only other site around that's genuinely going to find out for themselves is PWInsider. It'll be out soon enough.

The Naitch
12-23-2005, 07:33 PM
Haas is better in a tag team than by himself

Haas and Rico > WGTT

LK
12-23-2005, 07:49 PM
Oh and they need to bring back Sean O'Haire
Yeah but I'm not telling you anything, you don't already know.

Mr. Nerfect
12-23-2005, 08:05 PM
Exactly...huh?

My point is, the reason Christian got super over was because he had great skills in pretty much every area - in-ring, on the mic, charisma...Haas hasn't showed that he has the mic work or charisma to get over to that degree...

I believe Haas has charisma. The fans have been into the guy so many times. Team Angle, World's Greatest Tag Team, teaming with Rico, dumping BOTH Miss Jackie and Dawn Marie, etc. The WWE just fails to capitalise on it. Even the most likeable guy in the WWE's pops will run dry if he continues with no upwards momentum for a long time (don't take me literally on that).

Christian didn't talk for a while in the WWE, but he eventually got his chance. Haas has something that made him attractive to Miss Jackie, and got on well with Shelton Benjamin backstage (Benjamin is apparently very chatty and entertaining backstage), and if he can bring that out to the crowd, he could be HUGE. If not as a comedic babyface then as a ruthless straight man. I wouldn't mind seeing Charlie Haas team with Doug Basham as "Team Benoit" for the Hell if it. At least it would be interesting to see, even if it was short-lived.

And Afterlife might have ment that Charlie Haas might be the next "Christian" in terms of his position on the card. That guy who should be at the top (arguably), but never quite makes it because the WWE sees him as a "mid-carder for life", and only uses him in the main event went they need a job guy, or another guy for their clusterfucks.

I did notice you worded what you said very well, not to rule out Haas becomming a genuinely entertaining character, and I' not trying to say he definately will, just peaking discussion.

Mr. Nerfect
12-23-2005, 08:15 PM

Chuck Palumbo = Better come back as "Custom" Chucky P, b/c he has the baddest chassy on the roster.

Aaron Aguilera = PLEASE come in saying the company "stabbed him in the back" by releasing him.

Overall, good things are returning; let's just hope the returns are good things.

That Aaron Aguilera idea would be awesome. Can you imagine him interrupting Vince McMahon saying he was let go by McMahon because he saw no money in Aguilera, etc. Basically have the new kid shoot all over McMahon, which I really believe would get him over. Then have Aguilera ask Vince he if sees money in this, then proceeding to punch Vince McMahon in the face. Just don't go overboard and call him "Austin Aguilera". Actually, come to think of it, since Stone Cold's gone, is preserving the character really important?

Give Aguilera the Stunner and maybe Stone Cold's old theme, but not have him drink beer or anything like that. Sort of like how Angle got the The Patriot's old theme. I guess I think it could be good if Aguilera became almost modelled after Stone Cold, only without being too much like Stone Cold (music and finisher would be the only two things similiar). Just an idea.

I like the idea of Aguilera being very close to Matt Hardy in terms of return, but instead of settling into his "company role" he picks up on the WWE for making the mistake of releasing him in the first place. Aguilera is apparently great on the mic, and a fantastic brawler (hardcore wrestler, really, but those skills could be transfered to brawling no problem), so I think he could make the transition to big star easily.

Kane Knight
12-23-2005, 08:54 PM
Haas is better in a tag team than by himself

Haas and Rico > WGTT

And it leaves Shelton free to suck.

hb2k
12-23-2005, 10:37 PM
I did notice you worded what you said very well, not to rule out Haas becomming a genuinely entertaining character

That's because the truth is - just because we haven't seen it, it doesn't mean it isn't there. Steve Austin had the "bland" tag on him, and look what happened with him. I'm not ruling out Haas becoming an entertaining character, because lets face it, it's wrestling, and stranger things have happened. But Charlie Haas, to me, hasn't shown that standout personality that makes him catch on. Of course, even if he did, would it matter?

There are FAR worse people to have stinking up the mid-card than Charlie Haas, and I'm glad he's back...it's just that some people put him in that group of potential stars, and I don't see that amount of success for him (I can see some personality and charisma in Benjamin, but not so much with Haas)...just personal opinion, and because it's my opinion, it's stupid to say it as a fact, which is why I worded it the way I did...

Mr. Nerfect
12-24-2005, 02:37 AM
That's because the truth is - just because we haven't seen it, it doesn't mean it isn't there. Steve Austin had the "bland" tag on him, and look what happened with him. I'm not ruling out Haas becoming an entertaining character, because lets face it, it's wrestling, and stranger things have happened. But Charlie Haas, to me, hasn't shown that standout personality that makes him catch on. Of course, even if he did, would it matter?

There are FAR worse people to have stinking up the mid-card than Charlie Haas, and I'm glad he's back...it's just that some people put him in that group of potential stars, and I don't see that amount of success for him (I can see some personality and charisma in Benjamin, but not so much with Haas)...just personal opinion, and because it's my opinion, it's stupid to say it as a fact, which is why I worded it the way I did...

And that's why I respect you. Too many people simply rule out Chris Masters and potential stars like him because they aren't stellar wrestlers or characters now. But down the track you never know...

Afterlife
12-24-2005, 02:38 AM
When I called him the next Christian, I was referring to being treated with total disregard in reference to his potential.

Afterlife
12-24-2005, 02:43 AM
And the Aguillera idea was a joke, because he could say "You stabbed me in the back!" And Cena could say "Yeah, well you stabbed me in the kidney!" To which Aguillera could reply, "Yes, but I'm a thug." And Cena could say, "Yeah? Well, I rap about having a barbeque with my down-home family in New England!" And then Aguillera says "I know. Which means I need to stab you again."

The Naitch
12-24-2005, 02:47 AM
meh, the fans will have forgotten about it anyways

Afterlife
12-24-2005, 03:04 AM
Are you kidding? That scar on Cena's back will always serve as a reminder of bothe the stabbing AND the surgery that followed!

BlackDawn2024
12-24-2005, 05:59 AM
Are you kidding? That scar on Cena's back will always serve as a reminder of bothe the stabbing AND the filming of "The Marine" that followed!