PDA

View Full Version : DISCUSSION - Should the WWE (temporarily) re-unite the rosters before WRESTLEMANIA?

Heyman
01-27-2004, 07:10 PM
<font color=white>CAUTION - the following may contain Rumble and Raw spoilers. Reader Discretion is advised</font>

DISCUSSION - Will the WWE (temporarily) re-unite the rosters before WRESTLEMANIA?

I've mentioned this in other threads, but I'll say it again. Basically - here is the scenerio.

-Goldberg and Lesnar are about to feud.
-Triple H and Benoit are about to feud.
-Kane and Taker are about to feud.
-Heyman and Bischoff seem to have a rivalry going.
-Some guys such as RVD, Booker T, and John Cena are arguably 'directionless' right now (unless you consider Cena's feud with the Big Show to be 'progressive').

-Another thing --> One can definitely argue that wrestlers 'switching rosters' too much can be counter productive. It can take away the 'intrigue' of such an event happening (and can also lead to fans' being confused).

So without further adieu, here is what I think should happen

-Between now and the next PPV (I think it's a SD PPV), tensions continue to increase between certain Raw characters (Goldberg, Triple H, Kane, Bischoff), and Smackdown characters (Lesnar, Benoit, Taker, and Heyman). Guys like Goldberg even start trying to appear on Smackdown to confront their nemesis.

-Basically; things get out of control. Since Vince anticipates that there might be trouble at the February PPV (Raw wrestlers invading the PPV), he makes a 'ban'...........however, no one follows it. In fact - it gets worse.

-The next night on Raw, Vince McMahon makes an annoucement.

He says: <font color-white>The roster split has been *temporarily* uplifted. Wrestlers can appear on whatever show they want....and can kick whoever's ass they want. </font>

So - that's how it starts. Lesnar/Goldberg, Benoit/Triple H, Taker/Kane, and Heyman/Bischoff all go after one another........leading to matches at Wrestlemania.

Guys like RVD, Booker T, and John Cena also possibly find opponents (from the other brand) at Wrestlemania.

Advantages of this idea

-TV ratings (you have to believe that something like this will create huge interest).

-More potential match-ups.

-No one has to change rosters. The rosters can then go 'back to the way they were' after Wrestlemania.

-More "marquee" wrestlers on television.

BasicThuganomics
01-27-2004, 07:15 PM
NO!!!!! THE ROSTERS AREN'T GOING TO BE REUINITED FOR THE HUNDRETH ****ING TIME!!!!!!!! DAMNIT, THINK UP OTHER IDEAS BESIDES "REUNITING ROSTERS"

Damnit, like once a month you post a thread about reuniting the ****ing rosters!!!! It's no happening anytime soon, so just GET OVER IT!!!!!

BasicThuganomics
01-27-2004, 07:17 PM
Oh yeah by the way, I like the pic in your sig. Million Dollar Man was awesome.... :y:

but your post still pisses me off :n:

wrestling_god
01-27-2004, 07:18 PM
I do beleive the Bischoff heyman feud has begun. The phone call conversation on raw where heyman says hes suing Bischoff...Now....who would you rather see face? Heyman or Bischoff....i think a invasion angle leading up to Wrestlemanina could work as well....you know Goldberg is going after Brock not nessecarily for the title even. Just to bury him.....literally

Heyman
01-27-2004, 07:21 PM
NO!!!!! THE ROSTERS AREN'T GOING TO BE REUINITED FOR THE HUNDRETH ****ING TIME!!!!!!!! DAMNIT, THINK UP OTHER IDEAS BESIDES "REUNITING ROSTERS"

Damnit, like once a month you post a thread about reuniting the ****ing rosters!!!! It's no happening anytime soon, so just GET OVER IT!!!!!

Temporarily.

Think about it.

At this rate, you MIGHT have Benoit, Goldberg, and Kane or Taker switching rosters to start their respective feuds.

two things:

1) If all of these 'roster switches' are to take place, then don't you think it will wreck the magic of roster trades?

2) If no rosters switches take place, would it really make sense for guys like Lesnar/Goldberg, Kane/Taker, and Triple H/Benoit to be feuding with one another while NOT being on the same show?

Heyman
01-27-2004, 07:28 PM
but your post still pisses me off :n:

Seriously - why is such a bad idea?

I'm not suggesting that the WWE COMPLETELY neglect the roster split (like I suggested in past threads), but I do think a "temporary" re-unification (especially before Wrestlemania where interest will be at its peak) will be beneficial.

Also - it benefits guys like RVD, Booker T, and Cena. All 3 of these men could use 'something new'. John Cena vs. Big Show? sounds kind of boring.

A whole 'slew' of new feuds (otherwise we would never seen before) could take place........at Wrestling's 'biggest show' of the year.

BasicThuganomics
01-27-2004, 07:33 PM
Ok, Roster switches can be explained like this....
Benoit gets to switch because of his Rumble win, no trade nessecary. And Goldberg and Taker could trade with each other.

or

Bischoff and Heyman make a deal that Benoit is allowed to switch if Heyman gets Goldberg, because both GM's are tired of dealing with them on their show. Taker could switch because maybe since Vince thought he was "dead" or whatever. He got rid of his contract, and then Taker comes back and has a new contract on RAW or something like that.

To be honest, its not like the WWE feels they have to make up a good reason why they've done some roster switching do they?

And also, this isn't very much roster switing going around, Benoit and Goldberg will obviously switch, and either Taker or Kane will switch so they can face each other at WMXX. It's only three people....

And also, I just thought that maybe WWE won't make UT or Kane actually trade? I wouldn't be surprised to see them face off as an advertised Interpromotion match? And they show up on each other's shows in the weeks leading up to their match at Mania.

Who knows? But I wouldn't be surprised if the WWE makes up a scenerio that doesn't make sense for rosters being switched around.

But still.... roster's aren't reuniting anytime soon.

Heyman
01-27-2004, 07:39 PM
One reason why I LOATHE the idea of Benoit getting traded for Goldberg, is because Goldberg will be gone after WM (most likely).

Ultimately - this will mean Benoit will have gone to Raw for absolutely nothing.

Smackdown is already lacking in star power. I realize that Edge will be back shortly, but.......... :-\

AareDub
01-27-2004, 09:33 PM
Sounds like a good idea to me. The only thing I would like to see happen differently is that there shouldn't be a mandatory restoration of the rosters the way they are now. If you let everybody know that all superstars will go back to the roster they were on originally it means you can't have any title matches because a SD star can't win a Raw title, then take it back to SD, etc.

I know it won't happen, but seeing everybody against each other in the RR and the little teases and interactions we've been seeing has really made me miss having everybody on the same show.

The CyNick
01-28-2004, 12:48 AM
One reason why I LOATHE the idea of Benoit getting traded for Goldberg, is because Goldberg will be gone after WM (most likely).

Ultimately - this will mean Benoit will have gone to Raw for absolutely nothing.

Smackdown is already lacking in star power. I realize that Edge will be back shortly, but.......... :-\

I dont really think 'star power' is an issue.

A: Nobody draws, not Hunter, not Lesnar, not Austin, not anyone.

B: Benoit isn't really a huge star in terms of drawing, and in all likelyhood he wont ever become one.

On top of that SD still has Taker, Edge, Cena (strongest candidate in the company to become a breakthrough star) and Eddie (who is very over in the Hispanic markets).

On RAW, they will lose Goldberg, and then there's HHH, Orton (in the near future), Jerihco and HBK. I think its pretty even at this point.

RAW does seem to have more star power because of Austin, Rock and Foley all appearing on RAW, but all those guys are not going to draw money for the company, so its kinda irrelevant.

Splaya
01-28-2004, 12:57 AM
I think the biggest fear here is that if the rosters are joined back together and if ratings significantly improve, that they will never split them up again...You know what I think about that??? Keep them together. I've said it time and time again. If it forces people like Big Show, Holly, Morgan, etc from being on the main shows then do it.

BTW did anyone hear about Morgan getting a stinger because of guess who, Hardcore Holly. vince needs to take him out back and shoot him like ASAP.

Boondock Saint
01-28-2004, 01:05 AM
Benoit's bio is already moved to the RAW roster on WWE.COM. speedy

The CyNick
01-28-2004, 01:25 AM
Forgot about the original post:

I was thinking that they should do something along the lines of lifting the ban on having guys appear on both shows.

However, that would mean the WWE would have to cancel all their Monday SD house shows, and I dont see that happening, even though they dont draw all that well.

The main problem with bringing the rosters together in any form is that you will have say 4 weeks of TV where there will be potential RAW vs SD matches. That means that people will get to see lots of the so-called fresh matches in a short period of time, which would make them less special say at the next PPV.

Take Goldberg, and I dont think there should be any rush to move him to SD. Right now he and Brock have only had one physical altercation, and that was Brock F-5ing Goldberg. Thats a great way to build up Goldberg's desire to get revenge on Brock. If Goldberg switches right away he can get that revenge on SD for free.

I'm a huge fan of matches where we haven't seen the guys touch each other. I know this isn't a fair comparison but if you watch the promo where Rock and Hogan sold the Mania main event, the atmosphere was crazy, in part because there was an illusion that we were seeing something so special because these guys haven't touched each other. The angle was amazing, and then when they did the huge elabortae beatdown it got less and less over. Now, the match was still a huge success, but even still, I think they only had like 2 or 3 altercations leading into Mania.

Brock needs to be kept focused on Eddie because they have a PPV to sell in February. Perhaps after the NWO PPV they can move Goldberg, but the longer they hold off the more special it will seem when Goldberg finally gets his hands on Lesnar.

The same is true for Kane and Taker but for a different reason. I love how they are progressing the fued right now, but I think if their on the same show people will exposed to the con that is going on, and that is Kane vs Taker is not a 'special' match, its been done a hundred times, and it wont be any different at Mania. However, that little tease had one of my friends who I would call a casual fan, saying "I gotta see Wrestlemania". The illusion of 'whats going to happen when they fight' is far more valuable then having both guys on the same show doing the paint by the numbers booking where guy A beats down guy B week 1, then they reverse that in week 2, and so on and so on.

By keeping guys on separate shows it makes the matches, and Mania itself seem even more special.

sensai86
01-28-2004, 11:31 AM
I think the idea is good...yet bad at the same time,here are my reasons:

The Good:
-I think there would be a boost in TV ratings
-More potential match-ups.
-No one has to change rosters. The rosters can then go 'back to the way they were' after Wrestlemania.

The Bad:
-More "marquee" wrestlers on television.
-There alot of people that still don't get TV time(Cruserweights and other titles,The US title still has not been defened)
-What if because of this other storylines don't play out as well,the Main Events is the last part of the show and there's about 4 different "main event" matchs on Mania from both side,but low/mid card matchs are the backbone of the show.The show has to be some-what balanced ledding to Mania.

I'm not saying your wrong,but your idea is not all good and has some flaws to it. :n: :?: :y:

Brock_LegendKiller
01-28-2004, 01:01 PM
I heard Goldberg is supposed to be going to smackdown in exchange for Chris Benoit. Maybe thats just a rumor... :-\

EazyMack
01-28-2004, 03:30 PM
I heard Goldberg is supposed to be going to smackdown in exchange for Chris Benoit. Maybe thats just a rumor... :-\
It would make sense at this point.

Dazz
01-28-2004, 04:04 PM
I think it is a good idea. It would create more interest, as it is getting abit boring, and yes those fueds would be better if the split was uplifted.