PDA

View Full Version : NFL Playoff Predictions

D Mac
01-01-2006, 08:22 PM
http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/playoffrace/bracket

Ok so the playoffs are set. You can make your predictions here.

AFC

#5 Jacksonville vs #4 New England
bye #1 Indianapolis

#6 Pittsburgh vs #3 Cincinnati
bye #2 Denver

NFC

#5 Carolina vs #4 NY Giants
bye #1 Seattle

#6 Washington vs #3 Tampa Bay
bye #2 Chicago

The Miz
01-01-2006, 08:24 PM
New England over Jax
Cincy over Pit
Carolina over Giants
TB over Redskins

Indy over NE
Cincy over Denver
Seattle over Carolina
TB over Chicago

Cincy over Indy
Seattle over TB

Seattle over Cincy, two fave teams, the Miz' dream Superbowl :cool:

D Mac
01-01-2006, 08:28 PM
AFC

NE over Jax
IND over NE

Cin over Pit
Den over Cin
IND over Den

NFC

Car over NY
Sea over Car

TB over Was
Chi over TB
Sea over Chi-in a close one

Super bowl-IND over Sea
That's probably the safest play.
Super bowl should be a good one.

Innovator
01-01-2006, 08:36 PM
AFC

New England over Jacksonville
Cincy over Pittsburgh

Indy over NE
Cincy over Denver

Indy over Cincy

NFC

Giants over Panthers
Bucs over Redskins

Giants over Seattle
Bears over Bucs

Giants over Bears

Superbowl
Eli over Peyton

Kris P Lettus
01-01-2006, 08:36 PM
Jags over Pats
Steelers over Bengals
Panthers over Giants
TB over Skins

Indy over Jags
Denver over Steelers
Seattle over Panthers
TB over Bears

Indy over Broncos
Seattles over TB

Indy over Seattle

Joey Slugs
01-01-2006, 08:37 PM
AFC

Wildcard Weekend
#5 Jacksonville v #4 New England
#6 Pittsburgh v #3 Cincinnati

Divisional Playoff
#1 Indianapolis v #6 Pittsburgh
#2 Denver v #4 New England

Conference Championship
#1 Indianapolis v #4 New England

NFC

Wildcard Weekend
#5 Carolina v #4 NY Giants
#6 Washington v #3 Tampa Bay

Divisional Playoff
#1 Seattle v #4 NY Giants
#2 Chicago v #3 Tampa Bay

Conference Championship
#1 Seattle v #2 Chicago

SUPERBOWL XL
#2 Chicago v #4 New England

Joey Slugs
01-01-2006, 08:43 PM
and fuck all of you who try this "homer" shit with me. Baltimore did it in 2000 on the backs of their defense. I'm going the same route this year.

Gertner
01-01-2006, 09:04 PM
AFC

#5 Jacksonville vs #4 New England pats
bye #1 Indianapolis

#6 Pittsburgh vs #3 Cincinnati pitty
bye #2 Denver

NFC

#5 Carolina vs #4 NY Giants carolina
bye #1 Seattle

#6 Washington vs #3 Tampa Bay tampa
bye #2 Chicago

Inny vs Patriots until manning shows me I'm taking teh Pats

Pitty vs Denver Broncos

NFC

Carolina vs hawks---- Panthers

Tampa at ChiTown---- Bears

AFC

Pats vs Broncos----- Denver

NFC Bears vs Panthers----- Panthers

Super Bowl Broncos vs Panthers-------Panthers

And conisdering I'm about to win the pro pick em pool again, you can take these picks to the bank<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Gertner
01-01-2006, 09:05 PM
and fuck all of you who try this "homer" shit with me. Baltimore did it in 2000 on the backs of their defense. I'm going the same route this year.

homer

RP
01-01-2006, 09:52 PM
Indianapolis over Redskins 42 -21

MVP= Bob Sanders

The Greater Power
01-01-2006, 10:27 PM
#4 Patriots over #5 Jaguars
#3 Bengals over #6 Steelers

#5 Panthers over #4 Giants
#6 Redskins over #3 Buccaneers

Joey Slugs
01-01-2006, 10:32 PM
homer

i knew you would be the first. :lol:

Gertner
01-01-2006, 10:40 PM
lol. in all seriousness the Bears got a geat draw especially if they get the bucs at home. The ravens had a bit better offence than the bears though

Joey Slugs
01-01-2006, 10:51 PM
lol. in all seriousness the Bears got a geat draw especially if they get the bucs at home. The ravens had a bit better offence than the bears though

The Ravens did have Jamal Lewis and all, but the Bears have a better defense & better receivers. A 100% healthy Thomas Jones & Rex Grossman doesn't hurt either.

Corndad
01-01-2006, 10:55 PM
AFC

Wildcard Weekend

Divisional Playoff

Conference Championship

#6 Pittsburgh v #2 Denver

NFC

Wildcard Weekend

Divisional Playoff

#1 Seattle v #5 Carolina
#2 Chicago v #6 Washington

Conference Championship

#5 Carolina v #2 Chicago

SUPERBOWL XL

#5 Carolina v #6 Pittsburgh

Gonzo
01-01-2006, 10:56 PM
I loved our chances before our whole linebacking corps went down. Tiki is the only constant really, so our only chance to win is for our DB's to contain Steve Smith, and for Eli to not fuck up.

Gertner
01-01-2006, 11:15 PM
The Ravens did have Jamal Lewis and all, but the Bears have a better defense & better receivers. A 100% healthy Thomas Jones & Rex Grossman doesn't hurt either.

they have 1 great receiver.

Ravens also had Todd Heap.

Joey Slugs
01-01-2006, 11:47 PM
they have 1 great receiver.

Ravens also had Todd Heap.

Heap's rookie year was 2001

CNM
01-02-2006, 12:21 AM
They had Shannon Sharpe though

CNM
01-02-2006, 12:26 AM
AFC:

NE over JAX
PIT over CIN

DEN over NE
IND over PIT

DEN over IND

NFC:

CAR over NYG
TB over WAS

SEA over CAR
CHI over TB

SEA over CHI

Super Bowl XL: Broncos 35, Seahawks 28

Supreme Olajuwon
01-02-2006, 12:38 AM
Cincinnati over Pittsburgh
New York over Carolina
Washington over Tampa Bay

Indianapolis over New England
Cincinnati over Denver :cool:
Carolina over Chicago
Seattle over Washington

Indianapolis over Cincinnati
Carolina over Seattle

Indianapolis over Carolina

VonErich Lives
01-02-2006, 05:14 AM
AFC

NE over Jax
Pitt over Cinci

NE over Denver
Indy over Pitt

NE over Indy

NFC

NYG over Carolina
Wash over Tampa

Seattle over Wash
NYG over Chicago

Seattle over NYG

Super Bowl (or the "big football game at the end of the NFL playoffs as us unlicensed people call it!)

NE over Seattle.

If I had done this a few weeks ago, like week 14, I'd have Indy going all the way, but that SD game made them look "human" and the way that SD beat them, control the clock and pass rush to disrupt the timing patterns is the same way NE had beat Indy the last few years, and while NE has been getting "healthy" or as much as they can, Indy's been getting injured, I don't know the full extent of their injuries (RP could probably help), but just looking at their depth chart via NFL.com, Harrison, Stokley, Diem, Simon, Reagor, Freeney, Mathis, Thomas, June, Sanders, Sapp, Giordano all with an injury mark, given some are very minor and some are backups, as I said I'm not sure the extent of the problems, hopefully RP will update. As for Seattle, one of the teams I love to pick against, and yes, they were 5-2 against teams who finished .500 or above, (Although, Indy had nothing to play for and played subs most of the game) They have a great running game a very good defense and a solid passing game. If it was a regular season game, I'd pick Seattle over NE, but until someone finds a way to out smart Belicheck in the Super Bowl I'll pick him every time.

Skippord
01-02-2006, 06:08 AM
AFC:

NE over JAX
PIT over CIN

DEN over NE
IND over PIT

DEN over IND

NFC:

CAR over NYG
TB over WAS

SEA over CAR
CHI over TB

SEA over CHI

Super Bowl XL: Broncos 35, Seahawks 28

:cool:

The Icon of Elisim
01-02-2006, 02:11 PM
AFC:

Cinci over Pit
New England over Jax

Cinci over Denver
Indy over New England

Indy over Cinci

NFC:

Washington over Tampa
New York over Carolina

Seattle over Washington
Chicago over New York

Seattle over Chicago

Superbowl:
Indy over Seattle

RP
01-02-2006, 05:26 PM
I think its easy for people to step back and say " Whoa theres a weakness or two in Indy " seeing as how they handnt lost yet. The weakness was injuries. Going into the Charger game they where without Corey Simon and Cato June. Harrison was playing with a broken hand. Manning had a sore knee and the biggest problem came when Ryan Diem went down and they brought in a backup named Gandy who handnt played a snapp all year. Once that happend they moved Merriman and overloaded the side that was being held by Gandy and flat out bull rushed the kid. Freeney got injured in that game and Mathis didnt play at all in that game.

Lets put it this way. If Indianapolis didnt have the problems they had with injuries, they most likely would have came back from that 16 point lead and run away with the game in the 4th. The fact that they came roaring back like they did should tell you all you need to know about Indianapolis. They are they best front running team in the league and if you get them down 16-17 points, they come back. They did it twice this year. That Ryan Diem injury killed the streak. I have no doubt in my mind that he doesnt go down, Merriman doesnt have the day he had and the Colts win. Giving the fact that they only lost by 14 to the Seahawks with mostly back ups. If the starters played that whole game, Colts would have won easily imo.

I think despite they're loss to Miami, New England is playing the best football of anyone in the AFC right now. They've gotten healthy and just look as poised as ever. Pitt would be right behind them. That goaline stand the Colts got against the Cardinals was so amazing and the moment Dungy and the fans and the players had after they overturned that TD call was unbelievable . I just think there is something special brewing and i hope its a Superbowl victory.

el fregadero
01-02-2006, 05:40 PM
Wild Card
AFC
Jacksonville vs New England - Jax
Pittsburgh vs Cincinnati - Pitt

NFC
Carolina vs NY Giants - Carolina
Washington vs Tampa Bay - Tampa Bay

Divisionals
AFC
Pittsburgh vs Indianapolis - Indy
Jacksonville vs Denver - Jax

NFC
Carolina vs Seattle - Seattle
Tampa Bay vs Chicago - Chicago

AFC Championship: Jacksonville vs Indy - JAX
NFC Championship: Chicago vs Seattle - Seattle

Super Bowl: Jacksonville vs Seattle - Jaguars of Jacksonville

I hope so anyway

DrA
01-02-2006, 07:50 PM
Washington vs. Tampa Bay: Washington
New England vs. Jacksonville: New England
Carolina vs. New York: New York
Cincinnati vs. Pittsburgh: Cincinnati

Seattle vs. Washington: Seattle
Chicago vs. New York: Chicago
Denver vs. Cincinnati: Denver
Indianapolis vs. New England: Indianapolis

Seattle vs. Chicago: Chicago
Indianapolis vs. Denver: Indianapolis

Indianapolis vs. Chicago: Indianapolis

DrA
01-02-2006, 07:53 PM
The last time the two number one seeds met in the Super Bowl was in 1994.

Crimson
01-02-2006, 08:30 PM
Washington vs. Tampa Bay: Washington
New England vs. Jacksonville: New England
Carolina vs. New York: New York
Cincinnati vs. Pittsburgh: Pitt

Seattle vs. Washington: Seattle
Chicago vs. New York: Chicago
Denver vs. New England: Denver
Indianapolis vs. Pittsburgh: Indianapolis

Seattle vs. Chicago: Chicago
Indianapolis vs. Denver: Indianapolis

Indianapolis vs. Chicago: Indianapolis

el fregadero
01-02-2006, 10:14 PM
I really hope Jacksonville at least beats the Pats.

Gonzo
01-02-2006, 10:17 PM
Same here, only I'd hope that the Giants get past the Panthers. I would be pretty surprised considering the injuries we have had.

Supreme Olajuwon
01-03-2006, 12:14 AM
The whole Bears Ravens comparison is so inaccurate. The Ravens offense is so much better than the Bears offense to even begin to compare the two. Trent Dilfer and Tony Banks both can manage a game better than Grossman and Orton. Jamal Lewis was better than Thomas Jones and don't forget Priest Holmes was their 3rd down back. The Bears passing game is awful. Shannon Sharpe was the Ravens best receiver but Qadry Ismail was a completely competent wideout as well. Jermaine Lewis was a better kick returner than anyone on the Bears and Matt Stover was a better kicker than Robbie Gould.

BTW Brian Urlacher maybe the most undeserving superstar in the NFL. Ray Lewis was THE best defensive player in the NFL that year.

RP
01-03-2006, 12:16 AM
And they had Brandon Stokley

Supreme Olajuwon
01-03-2006, 12:20 AM
The Bears scored 20+ points 4 times
The Ravens scored 20+ points 8 times which doesn't include the 3 times they did it in the playoffs too.

KingofOldSchool
01-03-2006, 12:32 AM
AFC

Wildcard Weekend

#5 Jacksonville v #4 New England - New England
#6 Pittsburgh v #3 Cincinnati - Pittsburgh

Divisional Playoff

#1 Indianapolis v #6 Pittsburgh - Indy
#2 Denver v #4 New England - New England

Conference Championship

#1 Indianapolis v #4 New England - New England (until the Colts prove they can beat NE in the playoffs, this is my choice everytime)

NFC

Wildcard Weekend

#5 Carolina v #4 NY Giants - Carolina
#6 Washington v #3 Tampa Bay - Tampa Bay

Divisional Playoff

#1 Seattle v #5 Carolina - Seattle
#2 Chicago v #6 Washington - Chicago

Conference Championship

#1 Seattle v #2 Chicago - Seattle

SUPERBOWL XL

#4 New England v #1 Seattle - New England (it's just hard to bet against them in the playoffs)

Joey Slugs
01-03-2006, 12:55 PM
BTW Brian Urlacher maybe the most undeserving superstar in the NFL. Ray Lewis was THE best defensive player in the NFL that year.

HAHAHA. Yeah. Ok.

weather vane
01-03-2006, 04:26 PM
AFC Wildcard

NE over Jak
Pit over Cin

AFC Divisional

Ind over Pit
NE over Den

AFC Championship

Ind over NE

NFC Wildcard

NYG over Car
TB over Wsh

NFC Divisional

NYG over Sea
Chi over TB

NFC Championship

NYG over Chi

SUPER BOWL

Ind over NYG

RP
01-03-2006, 04:58 PM
Look i'm just gunna go ahead and say it, because i seriously believe it. Jacksonville will beat New England in the first round.

RP
01-03-2006, 05:20 PM
1) Jacksonvilles defense is outstanding. They give up 16 points a game. There one of the top teams in turnovers and sacks. Henderson and Strout in the middle to stop an injured Dillon. Peterson , Mathis . They got playmakers and if they get any kind of rush on Brady and that beat up line. I'm willing to bet Brady makes a mistake or two. He's done it a couple of times this year. I'm talking serious pressure tho. I'm talking about getting at him and knocking the piss out of him Lights Out style. The Jags are capable of that . I dont see many points being score by New England.

2) Take Jimmy Smith out of the equation for a moment. Out of Matt Jones, Reggie Williams and Ernest Wilford, the lightest guy is 223 and the shortest is 6'4. These are so big boys running out there against a very average at best secondary of the Patriots. Now add Jimmy Smith into the equation.

The Patriots better pray they get tons of pressure Leftwhich because if they dont he's gunna throw for 300 yards and 3 tds. And they still have to keep an eye on Fred Taylor and LaBrandon Toefield ( Who you just know is gunna find a td in the this game somehow )

3) 3-4 teams at most are good enough to go into Foxboro and beat the Pats. And even they have to have a really amazing game to do it. I think the Jags are one of them.

VonErich Lives
01-03-2006, 07:42 PM
Look i'm just gunna go ahead and say it, because i seriously believe it. Jacksonville will beat New England in the first round.

You do realise when it comes to playoff predictions and the Patriots your record isn't the best? :kiss:

That being said, ask me a few weeks ago, I'd probably agree. Now, it could happen, I just don't see it.

My guess, is they put extra coverage on Jimmy Smith and go after Leftwich big time, and let Jones and Taylor run, actually force them to run.

Taylor is banged up as usual this time of year, I think Ankle? that can't help.

The Pats pass rush has looked good the last few weeks, there Defensive Backfield is still their big liability, although Ellis Hobbs has looked good. But if the pass rush keeps playing the way they have, it takes some pressure off those guys.

Jacksonville is a big/fast team on defense, see them jamming the Pats small WR's, take Brady out of the game by taking away his targets. Force Dillon to carry it 40 times.

Dunno, should be a good game, as I said, a few weeks ago, I'd probably have picked the Jags, now, I just don't think it will happen.

The Icon of Elisim
01-03-2006, 07:46 PM
1. Jaguars recievers are young and inexperienced aside from Smith and have disapeared over the last couple weeks.

2. Leftwhich might not even start and even if he does he couldn't be 100%. Meaning that he will be even less mobile than usual. This would be his first game in close to a month and a half, this is also his first playoff game. You can't expect him to throw for 300 yards no matter how bad the Patriots secondary is (and don't try to use his bowl game as a counter example, that was at the college level and totally different). Patriots have also had a good pass rush now that they are healthy, Leftwhich is pretty slow as it is and add a bad ankle to that and that doesn't help.

3. Leftwich might not start, in which case Garrard does. He hasn't shown anything special. So how could you pick him to beat a coach and qb that are undefeated in the playoffs?

By no means am I counting out the Jags, but I think your reasoning is pretty flawed

DrA
01-03-2006, 08:09 PM
1) Jacksonvilles defense is outstanding. They give up 16 points a game. There one of the top teams in turnovers and sacks. Henderson and Strout in the middle to stop an injured Dillon. Peterson , Mathis . They got playmakers and if they get any kind of rush on Brady and that beat up line. I'm willing to bet Brady makes a mistake or two. He's done it a couple of times this year. I'm talking serious pressure tho. I'm talking about getting at him and knocking the piss out of him Lights Out style. The Jags are capable of that . I dont see many points being score by New England.

2) Take Jimmy Smith out of the equation for a moment. Out of Matt Jones, Reggie Williams and Ernest Wilford, the lightest guy is 223 and the shortest is 6'4. These are so big boys running out there against a very average at best secondary of the Patriots. Now add Jimmy Smith into the equation.

The Patriots better pray they get tons of pressure Leftwhich because if they dont he's gunna throw for 300 yards and 3 tds. And they still have to keep an eye on Fred Taylor and LaBrandon Toefield ( Who you just know is gunna find a td in the this game somehow )

3) 3-4 teams at most are good enough to go into Foxboro and beat the Pats. And even they have to have a really amazing game to do it. I think the Jags are one of them.

If I were you, I would stop this fetish I have with the Patriots and start realizing that my team has a damn good chance to make it to, and possibly win, the Super Bowl.

Come on. Dwelling on a team like that is pretty pathetic.

RP
01-03-2006, 08:44 PM
If I were you, I would stop this fetish I have with the Patriots and start realizing that my team has a damn good chance to make it to, and possibly win, the Super Bowl.

Come on. Dwelling on a team like that is pretty pathetic.

:lol:

Cowboys didnt make the playoffs.

Gonzo
01-03-2006, 08:51 PM
He's right though RP.

RP
01-03-2006, 09:00 PM
I'm simply making a case why the Patriots might lose. What can i say. Thats what i think. Sorry if it offends people.

Gonzo
01-03-2006, 09:03 PM
Nah theres nothing wrong with that dude but it seems to me like you're trying to stir some shit at the moment. I don't know maybe I'm wrong. I'm partially in agreement with you because the Pats have been hammered by injuries, but Jax has its issue at QB so who knows.

Supreme Olajuwon
01-03-2006, 09:07 PM
HAHAHA. Yeah. Ok.
What exactly has Brian Urlacher done to deserve to be called the best defensive player in the NFL?

Cooler Tom Schuler
01-03-2006, 10:26 PM
-AFC-
--Wildcard--

--Divisional--
Cincinnati over Denver

--AFC Championship--
Indianapolis over Cincinnati

-NFC-
--Wildcard--
Carolina over New York
Tampa Bay over Washington

--Divisional--
Chicago over Tampa Bay
Seattle over Carolina

--NFC Championship--
Chicago over Seattle

---Super Bowl XL---
Indianapolis over Chicago

DrA
01-03-2006, 10:30 PM
I'm simply making a case why the Patriots might lose. What can i say. Thats what i think. Sorry if it offends people.

It isn't that, since I think that the Patriots are being extremely over-hyped coming into the playoffs. It's just that you can't get overly obsessed with one team, especially during the playoffs when you have other teams to worry about to compete with the Colts.

You don't see me getting overly obsessed with the Redskins even though they beat the Cowboys twice and cost them a spot in the playoffs after the Cowboys beat them ten billion times in a row.

I'm going to go punch a wall now.

RP
01-03-2006, 10:34 PM
It isn't that, since I think that the Patriots are being extremely over-hyped coming into the playoffs. It's just that you can't get overly obsessed with one team, especially during the playoffs when you have other teams to worry about to compete with the Colts.

You don't see me getting overly obsessed with the Redskins even though they beat the Cowboys twice and cost them a spot in the playoffs after the Cowboys beat them ten billion times in a row.

I'm going to go punch a wall now.

All i said was that i think the Jags can beat the Patriots. I could have just made a comment like that and not explain why i felt that way, but thats cheap so i explained why i felt the way i felt.

Believe it or not i've been given the Patriots alot of props. I'm not sure how i'm obsessed with the Pats all of a sudden, but okkkk.

RP
01-03-2006, 10:35 PM
I think the score is gunna be Jags 16 Patriots 9

D Mac
01-04-2006, 02:11 AM
LOL at the people who think the Broncos are going to the Super Bowl. :lol:

CNM
01-04-2006, 02:28 AM
LOL at the Chiefs sitting out the playoffs. Again. :lol:

D Mac
01-04-2006, 02:30 AM
Fluke

CNM
01-04-2006, 02:34 AM
Nah, a fluke was the Chiefs making the playoffs a few years ago. The Broncos have made it three straight years. Let's face it. The Broncos own the Chiefs.

D Mac
01-04-2006, 02:42 AM
Nah, a fluke was the Chiefs making the playoffs a few years ago. The Broncos have made it three straight years. Let's face it. The Broncos own the Chiefs.

SERIES: The Kansas City Chiefs lead the series against the Denver Broncos 50-40. The Broncos won the only playoff game between the teams, in 1997. Denver went on to win its first Super Bowl title that year. Denver also won the first meeting between the two teams this year, in September at Denver.

source: scout.com

CNM
01-04-2006, 02:47 AM
We're talking about present day. Yeah, the Chiefs were a good team once upon a time. About 30 years ago. The days of Hank Stram are long gone.

D Mac
01-04-2006, 02:52 AM
We're talking about present day. Yeah, the Chiefs were a good team once upon a time. About 30 years ago. The days of Hank Stram are long gone.

10-6 is not that bad. In fact, it's the same fucking record as the AFC East Champion N.E. Patriots. The AFC West is the toughest devision in football right now i'd say. And if Larry Johnson continues to do next year with what he did this year, with a few defensive players we'll see who leads the pack.

With all that said, If Denver even goes to the Super Bowl I will kiss their ass.

el fregadero
01-04-2006, 03:02 AM
You do realise when it comes to playoff predictions and the Patriots your record isn't the best? :kiss:

That being said, ask me a few weeks ago, I'd probably agree. Now, it could happen, I just don't see it.

My guess, is they put extra coverage on Jimmy Smith and go after Leftwich big time, and let Jones and Taylor run, actually force them to run.

Taylor is banged up as usual this time of year, I think Ankle? that can't help.

The Pats pass rush has looked good the last few weeks, there Defensive Backfield is still their big liability, although Ellis Hobbs has looked good. But if the pass rush keeps playing the way they have, it takes some pressure off those guys.

Jacksonville is a big/fast team on defense, see them jamming the Pats small WR's, take Brady out of the game by taking away his targets. Force Dillon to carry it 40 times.

Dunno, should be a good game, as I said, a few weeks ago, I'd probably have picked the Jags, now, I just don't think it will happen.
Leftwich is gonna start, I will be very surprised if he doesn't start, because I know he is going to do all he can to play in that game. He is probably telling Del Rio right now that he is 100%, eventhough he isn't, because he wants to take the snaps. I love Greg Jones and Fred but I doubt either team will have much of a running game.

They will stop the run, I can guarantee that. Mathis has not been the playmaker he was earlier the season in the last couple of weeks (ever since that Indy game really). And Brady is a great quarterback. I am definitely more worried about a few bad plays by the Jags corners that Brady will undoubtedly connect on because that's just what he does.

I think it will be a good, close game and hopefully Jacksonville takes advantage of their exposure and impresses alot of people.

VonErich Lives
01-04-2006, 04:40 AM
One thing I will say I find amusing about the Pats is they're one of the best at self motivation, now given in 2001 it was easy, they were huge underdogs to STL in the Super Bowl, and in 2003, they were coming off a bad year.

Now go to 2004 the AFC championship win and I think Willie McGinist said "See, no one thought we could do it" and a reporter pointed out "You were the visiting team favored in an AFC Championship game"... Willie "Yeah, but none of you believed that".

The master of this has always been Rodney Harrison who some believe make things up never said and put it in his own head and others as "motivation", well, Rodney's out so Brady has stepped into the role.

things like "Yeah, we're in the playoffs, not like any of you thought we would be".

I must admit, it gives me a chuckle.

Y2Ant
01-04-2006, 06:35 AM
AFC

Jacksonville > New England
Cincinnatti > Pittsburgh

Indianapolis > Jacksonville
Denver > Cincinnatti

Indianapolis > Denver

NFC

Carolina > NY Giants
Tampa Bay > Washington

Seattle > Carolina
Tampa Bay > Chicago

Seattle > Tampa Bay

Superbowl

Indianapolis > Seattle

Triple A
01-04-2006, 08:54 AM
AFC

Denver over Cincinnati

Indianapolis over Denver

NFC

NY Giants over Carolina
Washington over Tampa Bay

Washington over Seattle
NY Giants over Chicago

NY Giants over Washington

Super Bowl

Indianapolis over NY Giants

D Mac
01-04-2006, 02:45 PM
Keep track of your picks. After the SB we will see who has the most right.

The Miz
01-05-2006, 12:45 AM
Is that what we do?

D Mac
01-05-2006, 01:18 AM
correct

Joey Slugs
01-05-2006, 01:54 AM
What exactly has Brian Urlacher done to deserve to be called the best defensive player in the NFL?
DEFENSIVE STATS <table border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> <tbody><tr class="bg1" valign="top"> <th>Year</th> <th>Team</th> <th>G</th> <th>Total</th> <th>Tckl</th> <th>Ast</th> <th>Sacks</th> <th>Int</th> <th>Yds</th> <th>Avg</th> <th>Lg</th> <th>TD</th> <th>Pass Def</th> </tr> <tr class="bg2"> <td>2000</td><td>Chicago Bears</td><td>16</td><td>124</td><td>98.0</td><td>26</td><td>8</td><td>2</td><td>19</td><td>9.5</td><td>19</td><td>0</td><td>3</td> </tr> <tr class="bg3"> <td>2001</td><td>Chicago Bears</td><td>16</td><td>116</td><td>89.0</td><td>27</td><td>6</td><td>3</td><td>60</td><td>20.0</td><td>41</td><td>0</td><td>5</td> </tr> <tr class="bg2"> <td>2002</td><td>Chicago Bears</td><td>16</td><td>151</td><td>115.0</td><td>36</td><td>4.5</td><td>1</td><td>0</td><td>0.0</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>6</td> </tr> <tr class="bg3"> <td>2003</td><td>Chicago Bears</td><td>16</td><td>116</td><td>87.0</td><td>29</td><td>2.5</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>0.0</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>4</td> </tr> <tr class="bg2"> <td>2004</td><td>Chicago Bears</td><td>9</td><td>70</td><td>52.0</td><td>18</td><td>5.5</td><td>1</td><td>42</td><td>42.0</td><td>42</td><td>0</td><td>6</td> </tr> <tr class="bg3"> <td>2005</td><td>Chicago Bears</td><td>16</td><td>121</td><td>97.0</td><td>24</td><td>6</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>0.0</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>5</td> </tr> <tr class="bg4"> <td>TOTAL</td><td>
</td><td>89</td><td>698</td><td>538.0</td><td>160</td><td>32.5</td><td>7</td><td>121</td><td>17.3</td><td>42</td><td>0</td><td>29</td></tr></tbody> </table>
Ray Lewis' stats for the same period of time:

DEFENSIVE STATS <table border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> <tbody><tr class="bg1" valign="top"> <th>Year</th> <th>Team</th> <th>G</th> <th>Total</th> <th>Tckl</th> <th>Ast</th> <th>Sacks</th> <th>Int</th> <th>Yds</th> <th>Avg</th> <th>Lg</th> <th>TD</th> <th>Pass Def</th> </tr> <tr class="bg2"> <td>2000</td><td>Baltimore Ravens</td><td>16</td><td>137</td><td>108.0</td><td>29</td><td>3</td><td>2</td><td>1</td><td>0.5</td><td>1</td><td>0</td><td>4</td> </tr> <tr class="bg3"> <td>2001</td><td>Baltimore Ravens</td><td>16</td><td>161</td><td>112.0</td><td>49</td><td>3.5</td><td>3</td><td>115</td><td>38.3</td><td>64</td><td>0</td><td>9</td> </tr> <tr class="bg2"> <td>2002</td><td>Baltimore Ravens</td><td>5</td><td>57</td><td>42.0</td><td>15</td><td>0</td><td>2</td><td>4</td><td>2.0</td><td>4</td><td>0</td><td>1</td> </tr> <tr class="bg3"> <td>2003</td><td>Baltimore Ravens</td><td>16</td><td>161</td><td>120.0</td><td>41</td><td>1.5</td><td>6</td><td>99</td><td>16.5</td><td>37</td><td>1</td><td>7</td> </tr> <tr class="bg2"> <td>2004</td><td>Baltimore Ravens</td><td>15</td><td>146</td><td>100.0</td><td>46</td><td>1</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>0.0</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>5</td> </tr> <tr class="bg3"> <td>2005</td><td>Baltimore Ravens</td><td>6</td><td>46</td><td>38.0</td><td>8</td><td>1</td><td>1</td><td>0</td><td>0.0</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>1</td> </tr> <tr class="bg4"> <td>TOTAL</td><td>
</td><td>74
</td><td>708
</td><td>520.0
</td><td>188
</td><td>10.0
</td><td>14
</td><td>219
</td><td>15.6
</td><td>64</td><td>1</td><td>27
</td></tr></tbody> </table>

Joey Slugs
01-05-2006, 02:13 AM
Pretty solid numbers when you compare him to everyone's favorite murderer.

Let's wait a few more years as Urlacher's numbers go up and Lewis' numbers crash.

Joey Slugs
01-05-2006, 02:16 AM
Keep track of your picks. After the SB we will see who has the most right.

Some fantasy football sites let you set up a Pick 'Em format for the playoffs. Yahoo used to do it, but I'm looking for another site now.

Skippord
01-05-2006, 03:46 AM
10-6 is not that bad. In fact, it's the same fucking record as the AFC East Champion N.E. Patriots. The AFC West is the toughest devision in football right now i'd say. And if Larry Johnson continues to do next year with what he did this year, with a few defensive players we'll see who leads the pack.

With all that said, If Denver even goes to the Super Bowl I will kiss their ass.

13-3>10-6 :shifty:

Skippord
01-05-2006, 03:47 AM
However Larry Johnson did rape us

Gertner
01-05-2006, 11:26 AM
Once December hits, Brady = unbeatable

Gonzo
01-05-2006, 12:07 PM

Let's wait a few more years as Urlacher's numbers go up and Lewis' numbers crash.

Urlacher played 15 more games in that timespan than Ray Lewis did.

Supreme Olajuwon
01-05-2006, 09:14 PM

Yeah they are similar when Lewis has more tackles and INTs than Urlacher in 15 less games and when you happen to leave Lewis' 2 best seasons off your stat sheet.

D Mac
01-06-2006, 01:32 AM
However Larry Johnson did rape us
:lol:

Joey Slugs
01-06-2006, 03:19 AM
Yeah they are similar when Lewis has more tackles and INTs than Urlacher in 15 less games and when you happen to leave Lewis' 2 best seasons off your stat sheet.

I didn't leave anything off. I was just comparing the same 5 seasons.

Supreme Olajuwon
01-06-2006, 03:29 AM
You can't accurately compare 2 players by how they played in the same season. What if I said Reuben Droughns compares equally with Marshall Faulk because Droughns has better stats from 2004 to now? That's not true at all.

The proper way to compare players is how they performed at the same age or same point in their career.

darkpower
01-06-2006, 03:52 AM
Once December hits, Brady = unbeatable

Considering the only WORTHY opponent they hadduring this December romb was TB, that has to be a stretch. Of course you're going to be unstoppable when 3/4ths of the teams you beat all SUCK ASS!!

Supreme Olajuwon
01-06-2006, 03:59 AM
Nah it's a fairly true statement. I think he has maybe 3 losses from December to the end of the season in his career.

RP
01-06-2006, 04:03 AM
Go Bengals!

Supreme Olajuwon
01-06-2006, 04:05 AM
i agree

Mr. Monday Morning
01-06-2006, 12:57 PM
Pats > Jags
Steelers > Bengals

Colts > Pats (I can't help the feeling this is where they will really miss Harrison)
Broncos > Steelers

Colts > Broncos

Panthers > Giants
Redskins > Bucs

Panthers > Seahawks
Bears > Redskins

Bears > Panthers

Colts > Bears

VonErich Lives
01-06-2006, 01:27 PM
Pats > Jags
Steelers > Bengals

Colts > Pats (I can't help the feeling this is where they will really miss Harrison)
Broncos > Steelers

If the Pats and Steelers win, then in round #2, the Pats go to Denver and the Steelers go to Indy.

Mr. Monday Morning
01-06-2006, 01:36 PM
See that's what I thought, then I looked at those stupid brackets :rant:

VonErich Lives
01-08-2006, 02:37 AM
I think the score is gunna be Jags 16 Patriots 9

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

RP
01-08-2006, 09:02 AM
:p

VonErich Lives
01-09-2006, 03:43 AM
AFC

NE over Jax
Pitt over Cinci

NFC

NYG over Carolina
Wash over Tampa

3 for 4, anyone go 4 for 4?

Joey Slugs
01-09-2006, 03:45 AM
I went 2 for 4

Right: Pitt, NE
Wrong: NY, TB

Nervous Ferret
01-09-2006, 03:51 AM
MMM is the only 4 for 4 guy i sarw

I forgot to pick

Nervous Ferret
01-09-2006, 03:53 AM
Corndad too :rant:

VonErich Lives
01-09-2006, 03:55 AM

I forgot to pick

I don't think Carolina really suprised me, I knew they were good, what suprised me was the Giants not showing up!

el fregadero
01-09-2006, 04:25 AM
Oh well, 2 out of 4 isn't too bad. I just wish I could swap one of the ones I missed. :(

Corndad
01-09-2006, 12:38 PM
AFC

Wildcard Weekend

Divisional Playoff

Conference Championship

NFC

Wildcard Weekend

Divisional Playoff

#1 Seattle v #5 Carolina
#2 Chicago v #6 Washington

Conference Championship

#5 Carolina v #2 Chicago

SUPERBOWL XL

Yup, 4 for 4 so far, went with some upsets next week so we shall see...;)

Mr. Monday Morning
01-09-2006, 12:56 PM

I forgot to pick

:cool:

Since those stupid brackets screwed me up I will re-do divisional onwards

Colts > Steelers
Broncos > Pats

Colts > Broncos

Bears > Panthers
Seahawks > Redskins

Bears > Seahawks

Colts > Bears

Joey Slugs
01-09-2006, 02:23 PM
Yup, 4 for 4 so far, went with some upsets next week so we shall see...;)

Just so ya know you have your NFC 2nd round fliped.

it's Carolina/Chicago and Seattle/Washington

Corndad
01-09-2006, 04:09 PM
Just so ya know you have your NFC 2nd round fliped.

it's Carolina/Chicago and Seattle/Washington

Your right, probably cause I first had TB winning then changed my mind.. lets try this again...

Divisional Playoff

Conference Championship

NFC

Divisional Playoff

#1 Seattle v #6 Washington
#2 Chicago v #5 Carolina

Conference Championship

#5 Carolina v #1 Seattle

SUPERBOWL XL

There we go. Thanks Joey

Corndad
01-16-2006, 02:05 AM
WOW.. STILL Perfect on the Picks.. gotta get some rep for that eh lol

weather vane
01-23-2006, 12:53 AM
One pick away. Ouch.

el fregadero
01-23-2006, 02:27 AM
Actually he is now two picks away since Carolina can't win the Super Bowl.