PDA

View Full Version : Batista reinjured

RGWhat316
01-09-2006, 01:32 AM
from WWE.com
Sunday night at a SmackDown live event, World Heavyweight Champion Batista injured his triceps in a match against Mark Henry.

The extent of the injury is undetermined at this point. WWE.com will have more information on Batista's injury later today.

Funky Fly
01-09-2006, 01:36 AM
He really needs to slow down on those steroids. They make muscle softer, and thuse more likely to tear.

Look what happened to HHH. First he tore his quad, then he kept getting really deep bruises for a while.

FourFifty
01-09-2006, 01:37 AM
Jesus Christ! What the hell were the bookers thinking!?!?!

"We have a dude who already has an injury? Keep the title on him. And while we're at it, have him work at every possible event! Main event? Put him in a cage! Say, how stiff is Mark Henry? Perfect! While we're at it, FourFifty has a 9 inch line on his 10 inch..."

On the bright side they only have to do a story line for one title if he's out for a while.

(anyone know the 9 inch line refence)

Destor
01-09-2006, 02:32 AM
Add another to the Mark Henry injured list. Why would the bookers do this to Batista? Fuckn retards.

Skippord
01-09-2006, 02:34 AM
This is far worse than anything I could've imagined they may have to put the title on Mark Henry

Nark Order
01-09-2006, 03:09 AM
I'm sure it wasn't Mark's fault.

Destor
01-09-2006, 03:12 AM
I'm sure it wasn't intentional, but every time they start a Mark Henry comeback he hurts someone or himself. Coincidence?

BlackDawn2024
01-09-2006, 03:27 AM
God damn it. Now shouldn't this be the time for Vince to re-evaluate Mark Henry's position with the company? You know, I'm sure Mark is a nice enough guy in real-life, but how many people has he injured, not to mention the many times he's injured himself?

FourFifty
01-09-2006, 03:32 AM
I'm sure it wasn't Mark's fault.

I'm gonna blame him anyways.

What Would Kevin Do?
01-09-2006, 03:36 AM
I can't imagine it's Henry's fault if Batista injured his tricep. Outside of stepping on it or kicking it or something, I don't see how Henry could fuck up and do that.

Also, if Batista is out of action, then the main event scene is even worse...(Orton....... Orton........ Yep, just Orton) they have to push some peeps up. Maybe JBL, Benoit, Booker., Meh.

Destor
01-09-2006, 03:38 AM
Orton (champ) vs a prematurely pushed Lashley at Mania. Sad thing is that could actually happen.

What Would Kevin Do?
01-09-2006, 04:03 AM
Mark Henry(champ) vs a prematurely pushed Lashley Vs Vicsera Vs the big fucker from the longest yard for the unified title at Wrestlmania. Sad thing is that it's already booked.

Mr. Nerfect
01-09-2006, 04:04 AM
I think they should do something extreme here. You could have Edge appear on both shows as the "WWE Champion" and retire the World Heavyweight Championship, or keep it on Batista until he is ready to return and take his place on SmackDown!, feuding with the WWE Champion for territory.

Or...instead of making Chris Benoit vs. Randy Orton on SmackDown! for the WWE United States Championship, have the winner become World Heavyweight Champion, and have Booker T awarded the WWE United States Championship (he's only out a few weeks more, isn't he?) or have new guys step in for the title.

Then have Kurt Angle leave RAW and have Chris Benoit and Kurt Angle feud on SmackDown!. Or have Shawn Michaels "screwed" out of his position on RAW, and have him go to FNS. Stranger things have happened. Chris Benoit vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Kurt Angle vs. Shawn Michaels for the World Heavyweight Title? :drool:

SmackDown! is in jeoprody, though. They can turn this into a positive, though. Either make the WWE Title interpromotional, or have SmackDown! get some guys like Kane, Kurt Angle & Shawn Michaels to make things slightly easier for them.

Corkscrewed
01-09-2006, 04:49 AM
LOL... nah, they'll keep the belt on Batista till Wrestlemania, and have him work as few matches as possible.

It's the WWE. :cool:

What Would Kevin Do?
01-09-2006, 06:29 AM
I can't imagine it's Henry's fault if Batista injured his tricep. Outside of stepping on it or kicking it or something, I don't see how Henry could fuck up and do that.

Just ignore that comment... I never said it.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=728 bgColor=black border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=10> </TD><TD vAlign=top width=388>NoDQ.com (http://nodq.com/) > WWE (http://nodq.com/wwe/) > Serious Injury Suffered On SmackDown! Brand
Posted by Steve Carrier (carrierlp@hotmail.com) on 01/09/2006 at 12:17 AM

Partial Credit: Wrestling Observer

Tonight during a SmackDown! brand house show in Verona, NY, its being said that Batista may have suffered another serious injury to his triceps.

The injury happened when Mark Henry jumped on him during his match up in the main event and he apparently landed wrong. The match had to then be cut short with the match finishing with a disqualification when Henry struck Batista with the ring bell.

Batista has suffered two torn triceps already in his career and is still recuperating from a torn lat. As of right now we are un-sure if it was the same arm that he injured in the past.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Y3J
01-09-2006, 06:34 AM
IMO the only thing that can save them now is for Batista (if the injuries that bad) to lose the title to someone like Orton or Benoit, Angle wins the RR and switches brands for WM

jerichoholic169
01-09-2006, 06:57 AM
they might just do what they did with HBK in 98 when he got injured at the RR against 'taker and kept the belt til WM without wrestling a match and then lost to Austin.

Savio
01-09-2006, 07:11 AM
New WHC.......Mark Henry!

jerichoholic169
01-09-2006, 07:12 AM
New WHC.......Mark Henry!

shhhhhhh...WWE creative might hear you.

LK
01-09-2006, 07:26 AM
:lol: just stick Henry with the ICP cause he's a fucking clown.

Vastardikai
01-09-2006, 09:10 AM
Why do I see the following words in coming in the near future...

"We wish Mark Henry the best in his future endeavors."

Also, this had bad idea written all over it. You take the only world champion you have that the fans aren't shitting on (outside of the internet, but come on, the 'net jerks off at the altar of Orton, who is just Greg Gagne 2.0, without the people threatening to quit in protest if he won a World Title), who is ALREADY injured, and putting him in the ring with someone who has a reputation for injuring people.

To quote Gilbert Godfried (I'm sorry, i'm really really sorry for doing this...): WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!

Londoner
01-09-2006, 09:51 AM
Oh shit, this is the last thing smackdown needed.2005 was a shitty year for them after what happened with their draft picks,(e.g.Christian/Hassan)and I thought this year could only get better for SD, but this isn't a great way to start it.So how do we get smackdown out of this position coming up to wrestlemania?I'm going tot ry right now with something off the top of my head.(I'll be hoping WWE are taking notice and hire me, yeah I know I can keep dreaming..)

At the next Smackdown, make Mark Henry V Batista in a non-title match. In this match, Mark ends up getting himself DQ'ued by doing the worlds strongest slam on Batista through the announcers table.This gives an excuse for Batista to be injured.The show ends with Melina standing over Batista with Mark henry.

The next week, the GM announces that Batista is injured and he'll have to vacate the title.There will be a tournament for the title, the final takes place at the RR.The final at RR ends up being Benoit V Randy Orton,Orton cost Benoit the US championship by RKO'ing him in the final match of the series, which allowed Booker T to get the 3 count.Orton wins the title at RR, thanks to help from Booker T, this continues the feud between Booker/Benoit and gives credibility to the WHC.(I was going to do this all the way to WM, but I think that'll be too long a read if anyone wants me to continue I will)

Dave Youell
01-09-2006, 09:54 AM
God damn it. Now shouldn't this be the time for Vince to re-evaluate Mark Henry's position with the company? You know, I'm sure Mark is a nice enough guy in real-life, but how many people has he injured, not to mention the many times he's injured himself?
I've seen Mark spit in a 10 year old kids face.

So no, not a nice guy

Dorkchop
01-09-2006, 09:58 AM
BENOIT! BENOIT! BENOIT! It won't happen, but it'd be nice.

Batista was doing a pretty good job working through the lat injury too. I hope he's alright and Mark Henry never returns.

jerichoholic169
01-09-2006, 10:04 AM
No Way Out is a SD! PPV. They can have a KotR style tournament for it then. Dont strip Batista yet - keep him out of matches until the match at the RR (probably against Mark Henry) then have him counted out as hes injured on the ring side. Then he can have time off to heal his injuries and they have the tournament.

The problem with this plan is that Batista has said before that he doesnt want to take time off while SD! is so lacking in star power. They only have Taker (whos hardly ever around), Orton, Booker T & Benoit (involved in the US title), JBL and Rey around that could be classed as main event stars. NOT mark henry.

However if RVD came back on SD!, problem solved. Im not saying he should have the title, but he could at least give a credible challenge to a heel champion (RVD could never be a true heel, fans cheer him too much). Maybe have Orton win the title. I cant see either of Benoit or Booker doing anything but their US title program for a while as well - either Booker will lose and then claim he never lost 4 matches to Benoit or Benoit will lose thanks to Orton etc.

PepperCarrotMan
01-09-2006, 11:55 AM
Henry isn't winning it.

Stickman
01-09-2006, 12:41 PM
They really need to get the title off Batista. There's nothing worse than an injured champ.

Corndad
01-09-2006, 12:49 PM
I think they will wait till Rumble... OR an idea I just had, have Batista play the Injury angle.... and Teddy Long come out and say if a SD guy wins the Rumble, they are the World Champion.... Orton wins, that leaves Orton going into Mania against a returning Batista...

R.K.O Ownage
01-09-2006, 02:28 PM
He really needs to slow down on those steroids. They make muscle softer, and thuse more likely to tear.

Look what happened to HHH. First he tore his quad, then he kept getting really deep bruises for a while.

erhem tista aint on steroids he has his own special workout. it was that big fat mark henry hey i wish he fell of the cage when he just interuppted the cage match :D :rofl: :lol: :yes:

addy2hotty
01-09-2006, 03:03 PM
Wasn't Kane meant to be challenging Dave at the Rumble (according to some advert somewhere)?

They really have dug themselves a hole here on SD. The only thing they could probably do is have Dave vacate the title and have Benoit lose the rubber match in the US tournament and have him win it.

SD will die with Orton as champ.

Corkscrewed
01-09-2006, 03:23 PM
Geez, Mark Henry is the new Hardcore Holly. :nono:

CharismaInjection
01-09-2006, 04:36 PM
Current WWE's schedule was:

Royal Rumble:
Batista V.S. Mark Henry = Batista retains.

No Way Out:
Batista V.S. Kane(or Taker) = Batista retains.

Wrestlemania:
Batista V.S. Randy Orton = Orton wins.

Perhaps Royal Rumble will be changed to:
Two on Three Handicap:
Batista & Rey Mysterio V.S. MNM & Mark Henry.

FourFifty
01-09-2006, 05:44 PM
I'm gonna blame him anyways.

Just ignore that comment... I never said it.

<table bgcolor="black" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="728"><tbody><tr><td valign="top" width="10">
</td><td valign="top" width="388">The injury happened when Mark Henry jumped on him during his match up in the main event and he apparently landed wrong.</td></tr></tbody></table>

I was right! Woo-Hoo! Go me! I'm gonna do a happy dance!

Destor
01-09-2006, 05:49 PM
I love the custom title 450.

Skippord
01-09-2006, 05:55 PM
How bout Injured Ken Kennedy as champion

...injured world champion