PDA

View Full Version : Vince isn't happy

Marc the Smark
01-13-2006, 10:27 AM
Recent crowd reactions to John Cena have become one of Vince McMahon's biggest concerns.

Vince is a man who takes great pride in being able to control his audience, and the continued defiance of this has become somewhat of an embarrassment for him.

One wrestler was quoted, "They tried everything to get fans to cheer Cena, but they just threw their hands up last week in New Jersey," he continued, "That really shook them up." Source: PWTorch Newsletter

Ya know what I say? I say GOOD. Now Vince knows it feels when WE THE FANS are frustrated. If he wants to really fix the problems, he needs to hire new writers!

Kane Knight
01-13-2006, 10:58 AM
Vince may take great pride in it, but h hasn't been able to do it in years.

blake639raw
01-13-2006, 11:54 AM
One wrestler was quoted, "They tried everything to get fans to cheer Cena, but they just threw their hands up last week in New Jersey," he continued, "That really shook them up."

There lies the problem. The writers need to stop trying so hard, and just let Cena get HIMSELF over, like he did initially. Telling poop jokes and walking to the ring like he's having a seizure ain't exactly working out too well for him.

JH
01-13-2006, 11:56 AM
and we all heard the fans start cheering when he said those things to Lita

CharismaInjection
01-13-2006, 11:59 AM
I wonder what wrestler that was????

Kane Knight
01-13-2006, 12:03 PM
and we all heard the fans start cheering when he said those things to Lita

Yeah, but it's Lita we're talking about.

JH
01-13-2006, 12:09 PM
Yeah, but it's Lita we're talking about.

ok i'll give you that one but still that was some funny shit

The Gooch
01-13-2006, 12:11 PM
I did like Cena's Allen Iverson comment. I am hoping it will mean that he'll become more of a tweener (or even better a heel) in the near future.

Xero
01-13-2006, 12:34 PM
It's funny because it's true. The only way it wouldn't be funny is if Lita herself said it. Then it would just be sad.

RottingFreak
01-13-2006, 12:35 PM
Cena as a heel is better because his gimmick was initially supposed to be hated. It worked well too. Smarks love to hate Cena.

MVP
01-13-2006, 12:41 PM
If they really wanna turn Cena heel they might as well have him do what he's doing now. If they revert him back to who he was in 2003 the fans will cheer.

Kane Knight
01-13-2006, 12:47 PM

Yeah, it was. Just saying. It's like Masters getting cheered vs Cena.

Kane Knight
01-13-2006, 12:48 PM
If they really wanna turn Cena heel they might as well have him do what he's doing now. If they revert him back to who he was in 2003 the fans will cheer.

But he's been essentially getting X-Pac heat. They only want to turn him heel because people are booing him. But this will kill his character completely. Instead, he should go back to his heel character and be the anti-hero.

TerranRich
01-13-2006, 01:10 PM
I agree. Instead of turning his back on the fans, his character should start caring only about himself. He's like a goody-two-shoes, saving those wax statues from Daivari, and gushing about his Chain Gang. Here comes Johnny C to save the day! YYAAAYYY!!!

The Naitch
01-13-2006, 07:06 PM
Cena being a face to his true fans (Chain Gang marks) and being a heel to the haters (smarks) is the best way to go IMO

Corkscrewed
01-14-2006, 08:20 PM
^^ Bingo that. I will rep you for posting my thoughts pretty much exactly.

Jaton
01-14-2006, 08:48 PM
While you're at it, rep me too. :)

Cool King
01-14-2006, 08:49 PM
While you're at it, neg rep me. :)

K, I'll do it too I guess. *Neg reps*

:p

Nervous Ferret
01-15-2006, 02:04 AM
Cool King doesn't have enough balls to neg rep

Mr. Nerfect
01-15-2006, 02:06 AM
Yeah, Cena's pretty much lost in the fans' eyes. Not because he sucks (because he doesn't), but because the homophobic writers hired by the WWE think that a character that likes to "diss" people by reciting generic lines like "You can't find your penis," will get over as the world's most popular guy. Cena is a horrible fighter, too. Let the guy wrestle, his punches are pure shit.

You may as well have "Gary the Writer" play John Cena's current role. It would be the same thing.

The thing is, Hershey apparently loves Cena, so last week's reaction was probably one of the better ones he'll get. His "If you don't like me, screw you," gimmick will only work if people if the crowd actually are split.

I say have him honestly come out and say he doesn't need the fans, because he made himself three-time United States Champion and WWE Champion, and the fans can't take credit for that. Not heel per se, just apathetic towards the crowd, much like Stone Cold Steve Austin was. Cena gets cheered, he does what he wants to do anyway, he get booed, same story. Basically tweener the guy.

Pinnacle Charisma
01-15-2006, 03:41 AM
Which begs the question why did Vince take so much effort in making people cheer Cena when they where already cheering Christian.

Anyway a pure face Cena shouldnt be anyway near the title. Tweener yes Heel yes but being a face like he is now could possibly damage his appeal long term. The sad thing is that the wwe have given every indication that they want want to keep Cena in his current role.

Kane Knight
01-15-2006, 11:54 AM
Which begs the question why did Vince take so much effort in making people cheer Cena when they where already cheering Christian.

Because Vince controls the crowd, not vice versa.

Volare
01-15-2006, 11:57 AM
ahhh...the mass puppets on strings

Just like noobs to KK :lol:

Fox
01-15-2006, 11:15 PM
Fuck John Cena and his faggoty chain gang.

McLegend
01-16-2006, 12:30 AM
Cena is already starting to get cheered again so it really doesn't matter anymore.

Pinnacle Charisma
01-16-2006, 03:40 AM
Because Vince controls the crowd, not vice versa.

Mmmm buts that the problem isnt it just like JR on the monday night wars dvd about the success of Austin said "we listened to the consumer and the consumer is always right". Since 2001 Vince has ignored the consumer and maybe thats why wwe has been in such a rut

Kane Knight
01-16-2006, 11:15 AM
Mmmm buts that the problem isnt it just like JR on the monday night wars dvd about the success of Austin said "we listened to the consumer and the consumer is always right". Since 2001 Vince has ignored the consumer and maybe thats why wwe has been in such a rut

The consumer is always right, but Vince controls the consumers.

Innovator
01-16-2006, 02:30 PM
He was more frustrated by the fans cheering Angle.

TerranRich
01-16-2006, 04:11 PM
Just remember The Rock, and how crowd reaction changed him from annoying babyface to cocky heel to loved face to... sell-out tweener. :P

So it's worked before. It might work again.

Pinnacle Charisma
01-18-2006, 05:46 AM
The consumer is always right, but Vince controls the consumers.

Vince can control a small portion of the consumer if he could control the consumer than the wwe today would be as popular as ever which it isnt

Triple A
01-18-2006, 06:02 AM
God wrestling is so retarded. Why do they have this face/heel bullshit?

If a wrestler gets over being a cocky/funny heel on his own, they always go and turn him face and then all of a sudden has has to be a giant fucking pussy since he's a face when what got him popular was being a dickhead.

Volare
01-18-2006, 08:18 AM
life is a bitch for the face...that's why i hope angle beats the shit out of mark henry, then angle turns around and beats the shit out of everyone else

Kane Knight
01-18-2006, 09:00 AM
Vince can control a small portion of the consumer if he could control the consumer than the wwe today would be as popular as ever which it isnt

What are you talking about? Edge is the most watched champion ever!