PDA

View Full Version : Mega Man X Collection

Vietnamese Crippler
01-14-2006, 09:22 PM
Has anyone else bought this game?

I just got it today and it is a fun trip down memory lane. The best thing is, I've never played X3 to X6, but now I can :love:

road doggy dogg
01-14-2006, 11:21 PM
Yeah if my sister's Gamecube wasn't broken I'd own it alraedy. MMX3 is my favourite of the series, picking it up as soon as I cannn

Fignuts
01-14-2006, 11:55 PM
Sigma's is insanely hard in x3. I'm a little dissapointed in the content of this game. I know the games are larger, and more complex than the original series, but come on. Battle and chase? It's not even an x game. They should have included the gameboy x games instead. There are also no art galleries or developer interviews. Kinda sketchy.

road doggy dogg
01-15-2006, 12:10 AM
Yeah Sigma is one tough motherfucker. Kaiser Sigma is nigh impossible.

That sucks to hear about the lack of special ish, but since I only have one X game in my posession (3), I'll still gladly pick it up :D

darkpower
01-15-2006, 04:01 AM
Sigma's is insanely hard in x3. I'm a little dissapointed in the content of this game. I know the games are larger, and more complex than the original series, but come on. Battle and chase? It's not even an x game. They should have included the gameboy x games instead. There are also no art galleries or developer interviews. Kinda sketchy.

Megaman X7 and X8 were both for the PS2, and would've took too much more space on the CD, I would assume.

And they could be making GB collections as we speak.

UmbrellaCorporation
01-15-2006, 05:40 PM
I want to go get this, since MMX = Instant Win.

I'm guessing it goes all the way from MMX 1 - MMX 6? Those were the best.

Fox
01-17-2006, 10:46 PM
Fuck Mega Man. That shit is way too hard. It stole countless hours from my innocent childhood, and it's the only game that I've ever actually smashed a controller into pieces out of frustration (those fucking X-Box controllers are tough beans).

Fignuts
01-19-2006, 11:43 PM
Mega man can be hard but it's not that bad.

I suggest you never play a contra, shinobi, or Devil May Cry 3.

And for the sake of your controllers and wallet, stay far away from Ninja Gaiden.

darkpower
01-20-2006, 02:43 AM
Mega man can be hard but it's not that bad.

I suggest you never play a contra, shinobi, or Devil May Cry 3.

And for the sake of your controllers and wallet, stay far away from Ninja Gaiden.

You forgot one: Super Ghouls and Ghosts. Never mind challenging, that was just plain RIDICULOUS!!

Yeah, the MegaMan X series is a much harder series than the original Megaman games. You had to get all these secret items that added to your power, but they were neatly tucked away just well enough for you to cuss out your screen. You had to be GOOD to get past some of the obsticals in the game.

But, low and behold, I consider myself sort of an expert at Megaman games, and the same strategy applies to both series: Keep moving forward, NEVER forget about your Energy/Sub tanks, don't be afraid to use special weapons in other places BESIDES on bosses, ALWAYS get rid of any on screen enemies BEFORE dealing with spikes, traps, etc., and ALWAYS get your Mega/X-Buster ready to go when you see a break in the enemy flow. For the MMX games, a few other things come into mind if they can be of any help.

Always slide down walls when dealing with long chasms. It could be leading to spikes that you have to jump over or something else that could kill you right away.
Air dash is your friend. Use it frequently, as it could get you out of more danger than you may think at first.
Always be LOOKING! Things seem to come from out of nowhere.
Some powerups are not always worth it. Don't try to get a extremly hard to get 1-up over a full bed of spikes that you have to be a contortionist to get if you don't absolutly need it.If anyone needs any help with MM or MMx 1-3 or 8 (I haven't played 4-7 yet, so I can't really help anyone there), give me a buzz and I'll see if I can give you some advice.

road doggy dogg
01-21-2006, 09:24 AM
I dunno, I'd say the originals were harder than the X games. For instance, in MMX and MMX3 I can beat all the bosses with my normal blaster weapon, with taking 0-3 hits. In the original games, I can't really say that. Especially Megaman 2. Flash Man, Quick Man, Air Man, all pretty tricky. I don't know about the later X games since I haven't played them too much, but I find that their boss patterns are way too simplified. But maybe that's just 'cause I could beat the game in my sleep from playing it so much.

All that being said, I finally picked this up for PS2 (not gonna wait for my sister's GC to get fixed :rant: plus I have the convenience of playing it in my room) It's awesome. I've only played MMX3 so far, and my one big gripe is the music. The original tracks were awesome. They tried to remix them too much in this one, which is fresh, but takes away (IMO) one of the things that has always stood out in the Megaman series. That, and the looping is absolutely fucking awful. Each level theme is like a 3 minute loop of the track, then it just fades out and starts over again. I mean they could've at least made the loop continuous. Goddddddd

But all in all I like the thing so far. The anime cutscenes are a neat little addition, though some make entirely no sense (look at Volt Catfish's in MMX3). I thought the transition from cartoon to gameplay in the MMX3 intro was hot. I dunnno gonna play some more later