PDA

View Full Version : who else should be released?

Marc the Smark
01-18-2006, 03:56 PM
Is the WWE going to once again release nearly 20 superstars and bring in new talent, like they did last year around this time? If so, I can think of a few "superstars" who should be added to the list -

Jamie Noble - Who brought this guy back? Get his redneck off of my television.

Danny Basham - I don't think I need to explain this one.

Doug Basham - See above

Steven Richards - See above

Sylvan - He's been completely useless since La Resistance broke up. Unless they're planning on reforming the stable, it's time to cut him loose.

Eugene - Let's make his "indefinite suspension" an "indefinite release."

Lance Cade - He might have the look, but that's about it.

Animal - The LOD isn't the same without Hawk. They should have never brought back Animal.

Rosey - I thought 3 Minute Warning was about to return. If they're not, get rid of this guy.

Bob Holly - He's been around for over a decade and he still sucks.

Anyway, if the WWE is going to start releasing people, they should do a better job than last year (when they get rid of some promising guys like Akido and Kidman). Your thoughts?

Nervous Ferret
01-18-2006, 03:58 PM

He's been on television?

Kane Knight
01-18-2006, 04:06 PM

He's been on television?

Jalapeņo
01-18-2006, 04:08 PM
He is currently wrestling under the gimmick "Boogeyman."

Kane Knight
01-18-2006, 04:16 PM
And I'm coming to gety'all.

TerranRich
01-18-2006, 04:25 PM
Hoooooweeee!! [eats worms]

Now that's goooood eatin'!

Marc the Smark
01-18-2006, 04:33 PM
For those with their head up their ass, Noble defeated Funaki on the Sunday Night Heat match prior to Armageddon. So fine, don't just keep him off my television, but get him out of the company. What the hell is good for?

Xero
01-18-2006, 04:39 PM
For those with their head up their ass, Noble defeated Funaki on the Sunday Night Heat match prior to Armageddon. So fine, don't just keep him off my television, but get him out of the company. What the hell is good for?
Wrestling? If they're going to release Noble they may as well release the entire Cruiser roster aside from Rey.

Savio
01-18-2006, 04:45 PM
Bob Holly - He's been around for over a decade and he still sucks.

Marc the Smark
01-18-2006, 04:46 PM
Wrestling? If they're going to release Noble they may as well release the entire Cruiser roster aside from Rey.

Maybe they should, then they can go to TNA and the WWE will have some stonger competition. Hence the question, "who else should be released?"

Xero
01-18-2006, 04:48 PM
The entire Cruiser and Women's rosters. A good 20 there at least.

Note that this would also include OVW and DSW wrestlers.

Nervous Ferret
01-18-2006, 04:48 PM
What's Heat?

Y3J
01-18-2006, 04:50 PM
They should release the Dogs....

......on Lita!

Nervous Ferret
01-18-2006, 04:51 PM
Hilarious!

Marc the Smark
01-18-2006, 04:51 PM
......on Lita!

Why release the dogs? Would they attack one of their bitches? :lol:

Xero
01-18-2006, 04:53 PM
Danny Basham - I don't think I need to explain this one.

Doug Basham - See above

Steven Richards - See above
Please explain, especially Richards.

And don't use the "useless" argument. It's the writers who make the wrestlers useful, not the wrestlers themselves. They just carry on their character and wrestle, they don't book themselves.

Nervous Ferret
01-18-2006, 04:54 PM
Why release the dogs? Would they attack one of their bitches? :lol:Hilarious!.

Marc the Smark
01-18-2006, 05:00 PM
Please explain, especially Richards

If there's a reason to keep someone, they should. If there isn't, they shouldn't. So gimme one good reason why he SHOULDN'T be released.

Y3J
01-18-2006, 05:01 PM
They need a full-time jobber for the new guys. And Richards is a credible one at that.

Marc the Smark
01-18-2006, 05:03 PM
They need a full-time jobber for the new guys. And Richards is a credible one at that.

Great. We agree Richards will never win another match in the WWE and will be fed to the guys they're trying to "push." Are you content with Richards being a jobber for the rest of his career?
Or would you like to see him released and possibly picked up by TNA?

Xero
01-18-2006, 05:04 PM
If there's a reason to keep someone, they should. If there isn't, they shouldn't. So gimme one good reason why he SHOULDN'T be released.
He's a good promo man and is a pretty good wrestler.

Xero
01-18-2006, 05:04 PM
So you're content with Richards being a jobber for the rest of his career?
Or would you like to see him released and picked up by TNA?
Only to be jobbed out to Jarrett?

Marc the Smark
01-18-2006, 05:06 PM
He's a good promo man and is a pretty good wrestler.

And they really allow him to show his skills in the WWE, don't they?

Destor
So you're content with Richards being a jobber for the rest of his career?
Or would you like to see him released and picked up by TNA?
Dude, wrestling NEEDS jobbers, There isn't anything wrong with that, and considering Richards sucks (and ALWAYS has; yes Xero he sucks) it's a perfect place for him. Its not like he'll go to TNA and be the next D'lo Brown let alone anything special.

Marc the Smark
Only to be jobbed out to Jarrett?

Don't you believe Richards has more of a chance in TNA than he does in the WWE at this point?

Kane Knight
01-18-2006, 05:10 PM

Sunday Night Heat is on TV?

Xero
01-18-2006, 05:11 PM
Don't you believe Richards has more of a chance in TNA than he does in the WWE at this point?
Honestly, no. I have a bad feeling that Sting is the start of a WCW-like old guy invasion.

Kane Knight
Great. We agree Richards will never win another match in the WWE and will be fed to the guys they're trying to "push." Are you content with Richards being a jobber for the rest of his career?
Or would you like to see him released and possibly picked up by TNA?

Between jobbing in the WWE and jobbing in TNA, he's betetr off jobbing in WWE.

Xero
Dude, wrestling NEEDS jobbers, There isn't anything wrong with that, and considering Richards sucks (and ALWAYS has; yes Xero he sucks) it's a perfect place for him. Its not like he'll go to TNA and be the next D'lo Brown let alone anything special.
I've always liked his promos, what's wrong with that? He can work the mic.

Marc the Smark
01-18-2006, 05:12 PM
Sunday Night Heat is on TV?

I said KEEP him off tv

Marc the Smark
01-18-2006, 05:13 PM
I've always liked his promos, what's wrong with that? He can work the mic.

He can, but if they won't let him talk then his talents are being wasted.

Xero
Especially because he gets a bigger payoff for doing WWE than doing TNA.

Marc the Smark

But how do we know he'll job in TNA?

Destor
01-18-2006, 05:14 PM
I've always liked his promos, what's wrong with that? He can work the mic.There is nothing wrong with liking the guy, but to think he is anything more than a jobber is just being a bit markish. He would make a solid manager, imo, but not much more.

The Fitz
01-18-2006, 05:14 PM
Isn't Richards Vince's favourite wrestler?

I think I hear that somewhere....

PepperCarrotMan
01-18-2006, 05:15 PM
No one. People need jobs.

Destor
But how do we know he'll job in TNA?
Because we aren't stupid. Well, most of us.

Marc the Smark
Especially because he gets a bigger payoff for doing WWE than doing TNA.

So you don't mind that his talents are being wasted, as long as he's getting paid well.

Marc the Smark
01-18-2006, 05:17 PM
Because we aren't stupid. Well, most of us.

There is no proof or reason to think that he'll job in TNA.

There is only proof he's nothing in the WWE.

Xero
01-18-2006, 05:17 PM
Chavo
Helms
Shelton
Venis
Matt Hardy
Burchill
London
Dean/Nova
Regal

These guys all have the talent/skill, but does the WWE use the how they should? No. The WWE only gives a shit about their upper card and they just throw together the middle and lower card. The WWE needs to get their priorities right and give some of the lower carders TV and promo time.

Marc the Smark
01-18-2006, 05:19 PM
No one. People need jobs.

Richards can work at McDonald's.

Destor
01-18-2006, 05:20 PM
So you don't mind that his talents are being wasted, as long as he's getting paid well.You realize this is a job, just like any other. Getting paid is what matters. Some people don't mind getting a healthy pay check while not having to do much work (aka a content jobber like Richards.)

Destor
01-18-2006, 05:21 PM
There is no proof or reason to think that he'll job in TNA.

There is only proof he's nothing in the WWE.
Or WCW or ECW. I don't need proof to predict the predictable.

Xero
01-18-2006, 05:21 PM
There is nothing wrong with liking the guy, but to think he is anything more than a jobber is just being a bit markish. He would make a solid manager, imo, but not much more.
I'm not saying put the guy in the main event, or even the mid card permanently. Throw him in a feud and have him work the mic once in a while. Hell, let him job on TV. When was the last time he was on RAW?

Destor
01-18-2006, 05:24 PM
I'm not saying put the guy in the main event, or even the mid card permanently. Throw him in a feud and have him work the mic once in a while. Hell, let him job on TV. When was the last time he was on RAW?That would work fine. No clue about the TV aspect, they seem to be too busy jobbing out useful talent to bring in a full time jobber at the moment. Priority conflict I suppose.

Xero
01-18-2006, 05:25 PM
Richards can work at McDonald's.
You show me a McDonald's where the lowest and cheapest workers get paid $50,000-$100,000 plus a year and I'll gladly sign up, as would almost anyone in their right mind.

Marc the Smark
01-18-2006, 05:25 PM
You realize this is a job, just like any other. Getting paid is what matters.

So get him a job at McDonald's and let him work his way up to manager.

Marc the Smark
01-18-2006, 05:27 PM
You show me a McDonald's where the lowest and cheapest workers get paid $50,000-$100,000 plus a year and I'll gladly sign up, as would almost anyone in their right mind.

They don't get paid that much but they probably have more dignity.

Destor
01-18-2006, 05:28 PM
Dude jobbers have dignety, just not to the Internet smarks that think they actually know something about the buisiness.

Xero
01-18-2006, 05:30 PM
They don't get paid that much but they probably have more dignity.
http://www.wrestlezone.com/info.php?section=salaries

I'm not going to say that's 100% correct, but I'd say it's close.

Kane Knight
01-18-2006, 05:30 PM
I said KEEP him off tv

After you siad get him off our TV, and replied to the people with their heads in their asses with this witty comeback. Sorry, dumbass, if you're gonna chastise, try not to be retarded in the process.

Marc the Smark
01-18-2006, 05:31 PM
Dude jobbers have dignety, just not to the Internet smarks that think they actually know something about the buisiness.

I might not know as much as you do about the business, oh Great Wrestling Oracle, but at least I can spell. Now then, so that this doesn't turn into a flame war, are you going to mail Richards an application for McDonald's or should I? Although even there, he'd probably have to job to Mayor McCheese.

Kane Knight
01-18-2006, 05:32 PM

Fuck yeah. If all I had to do for that kind of money was flip burgers?

I'd be all over it.

Destor
01-18-2006, 05:33 PM
I might not know as much as you do about the business, oh Great Wrestling Oracle, but at least I can spell. Now then, so that this doesn't turn into a flame war, are you going to mail Richards an application for McDonald's or should I? Although even there, he'd probably have to job to Mayor McCheese.
Good way to ignore the debate. This isn't a spelling bee.

Marc the Smark
01-18-2006, 05:34 PM
Fuck yeah. If all I had to do for that kind of money was flip burgers?

I'd be all over it.

Fuck yeah. And think about it... maybe you someday you can work alongside your hero Steven Richards, because sooner or later that's where he's going to end up.

Marc the Smark
01-18-2006, 05:35 PM
Good way to ignore the debate. This isn't a spelling bee.

I'm not ignoring the debate. I asked if YOU'RE gonna send Richards an application for McDonald's or if you want me to.

Kane Knight
01-18-2006, 05:39 PM
Fuck yeah. And think about it... maybe you someday you can work alongside your hero Steven Richards, because sooner or later that's where he's going to end up.

:lol:

You're trying too hard to attack people.

Xero
01-18-2006, 05:40 PM
I'm not ignoring the debate. I asked if YOU'RE gonna send Richards an application for McDonald's or if you want me to.
And that contributes to the debate how?

Kane Knight
01-18-2006, 05:41 PM
If you're going to be this oversensitive, maybe you should stop making threads.

Nervous Ferret
WHAT THE FUCK?

Thank you for ruining Austins return, thank you for ruining what would have been my only mark out moment in a year.

WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU TYPE "SPOILERS" WHEN YOU TYPE WHAT THE SPOILER IS RIGHT BESIDE IT!!!!!!!!!

Now I know Austin is confirmed, he is my favourite wrestler, hearing his damn music hit would have made me mark out so bad, but no, you have to fucking ruin it, couldn't you make the title "Wrestlmania 22 major spoilers" alone? Seriously man, use your goddam brain. Why mark for spoilers when the spoiler is right beside where you mark for spoilers.

Fuck this shit, you're not the only one who does it, so many people do, i am out of the fucking wrestling forum besides for tipsters until Wrestlemania is over, see you all April fourth.

Marc the Smark
:lol:

You're trying too hard to attack people.

What I'm TRYING to do, honestly, is to shake things up around here. I'm trying to wake you people up because I think you've all been sleeping. And I think it's worked.

Kane Knight
And that contributes to the debate how?

RHS has won the internet with his sick burn. OOOH!

Destor
01-18-2006, 05:42 PM
lol NerF

Kane Knight
01-18-2006, 05:44 PM
What I'm TRYING to do, honestly, is to shake things up around here. I'm trying to wake you people up because I think you've all been sleeping. And I think it's worked.

You've said nothing new. You're not really working up anyone, except the people who like to mock retarded n00bs. Just think. You've "shaken things up" as much as WWEFAN4LYF or whatever his name was.

Xero
What? You're trying to wake people up by insulting them, which in turn makes them flame you, which in turn takes the thread off topic, which in turn makes everyone want Funky in here?

Kane Knight
LOL. I take that back. You need to do a major spazz out "fuck jerks a**** fuck fuck) to have as much impact as he has.

Marc the Smark
01-18-2006, 05:45 PM
What? You're trying to wake people up by insulting them, which in turn makes them flame you, which in turn takes the thread off topic, which in turn makes everyone wait for Funky?

Let's get back to the topic. Can someone please tell me why Richards shouldn't be released? And what about the other names on my list? Do you agree or disagree? Let's talk about Lance Cade.

Xero
01-18-2006, 05:47 PM
Let's get back to the topic. Can someone please tell me why Richards shouldn't be released? And what about the other names on my list? Do you agree or disagree?
Too late Mister "'Should I sleep outside the arena for house show tickets?' thread EVERY FUCKING TIME THE WWE COMES TO YOUR TOWN".

thecc
01-18-2006, 05:47 PM
For those with their head up their ass, Noble defeated Funaki on the Sunday Night Heat match prior to Armageddon. So fine, don't just keep him off my television, but get him out of the company. What the hell is good for? Why would you wanna fire one of the most talented wrestlers in the crusierweight division?

Marc the Smark
01-18-2006, 05:49 PM
Why would you wanna fire one of the most talented wrestlers in the crusierweight division?

He isn't being used properly. If they're not going to use him properly, I'd like to see him released and maybe wrestling elsewhere.

Xero
01-18-2006, 05:51 PM
He isn't being used properly. If they're not going to use him properly, I'd like to see him released and maybe wrestling elsewhere.
THEY SIGNED HIM TWO MONTHS AGO.

Everyone but Triple H and a few other guys are being used "properly", properly being "getting put over". Hell, even The Undertaker isn't "being used properly". PUT THE GUY ON SMACKDOWN! ONCE IN A WHILE!

Kane Knight
01-18-2006, 05:52 PM
Let's get back to the topic. Can someone please tell me why Richards shouldn't be released? And what about the other names on my list? Do you agree or disagree? Let's talk about Lance Cade.

OOOH! He's injected a lethal dose of poison into the People's Wrestling Website!

Destor
01-18-2006, 05:53 PM
He isn't being used properly. If they're not going to use him properly, I'd like to see him released and maybe wrestling elsewhere.But he's getting paid right? He is? GOOD For him. Don't be so selfish, he is in wrestling to make money, having good matches is beyond secondary.

Destor
01-18-2006, 05:54 PM
Furthermore, getting paid to do nothing sounds pretty sweet to me.

Marc the Smark
01-18-2006, 05:56 PM
Furthermore, getting paid to do nothing sounds pretty sweet to me.

So are you saying the reason to keep him is because it's a job and he's getting paid?

Kane Knight
01-18-2006, 06:00 PM
So are you saying the reason to keep him is because it's a job and he's getting paid?

In response to your comment that he was being used poorly (An argument that makes it sound beneficial for HIM if he's released). Get your argument straight before you complain when people rpely to it.

Destor
01-18-2006, 06:02 PM
You said:
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Red Hot Scott
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

So now we are talking about what you want as an individual and not intelligent business decisions. So I gave my opinion on the situation:

But he's getting paid right? He is? GOOD For him. Don't be so selfish, he is in wrestling to make money, having good matches is beyond secondary. Furthermore, getting paid to do nothing sounds pretty sweet to me.

That post wasn't why they shouldkeep him, but why being used properly is irrelevent.

Marc the Smark
01-18-2006, 06:04 PM
what?

Y3J
01-18-2006, 06:08 PM
So what we have learnt from this thread is:

1) Richards is a jobber
2) RHS works at McDonald's

Destor
01-18-2006, 06:09 PM
what?
Stunner?

Kane Knight
01-18-2006, 06:13 PM
So what we have learnt from this thread is:

1) Richards is a jobber
2) RHS doesn't understand shit

Mr. Nerfect
01-18-2006, 06:14 PM
Jamie Noble - Who would release this guy? He's a great wrestler, can fly, is charismatic and the fans know him. This guy is the perfect example of what a cruiserweight should be.

Danny Basham - Please explain this one. Danny Basham is way more talented than you see to be giving him credit for.

Doug Basham - The guy can go hold-for-hold with Chris Benoit. That means he's good. Plus he's not bad on the mic. I am going to put money on the table that if they give Basham a solid push, he will be a World Champion someday. Plus his uncle is head trainer at OVW, so firing him could cause some problems.

Steven Richards - Richards is adored by Vince McMahon. I don't think it's safe to say he's Vince's favourite employee, but he's got enough support for a job, much like Nunzio.

Sylvan - The guy is stll young, give him time. The WWE started off something good with this guy, but again they had to stereotype it and make him a cheesy heel. As soon as the writers get brains, this guy could be way more successful than people are giving him credit for.

Eugene - Nick Dinsmore is more talented than a lot of the WWE roster. Releasing him would be stupid.

Lance Cade - Again, he's only young. You release him before he enters his prime, it can come back and bite you, hard. Cade is solid, and he's improving all the time. His performances on Heat have gotten the crowd into his work, and if they turned him into less of a cowboy and more of a character, he could be great.

Animal - I agree with this one. Animal is past his prime, and keeping him on the roster is wasting time which could be used to give guys like Doug Basham & Steven Richards air-time.

Rosey - The WWE needs tag teams, so I'd hold onto this guy. Plus he's able to fly pretty well for a guy his size, so they'd probably want to keep him away from TNA.

Hardcore Holly - I'm kinda split on this. On one hand, the guy is solid in the ring, and can work a good match. On the other hand, it's not like the guy is going to be World Champion, and it's not like he helps elevate talent. He's just...there. I compare the guy to Billy Gunn a lot in my head, and see what happened to him? I think he's a safe release; a guy they can cut without consequence, without too much loss, but he's not a guy that is a complete waste of salary.

So out of your ten, I agree with two. Hmm, interesting.

Here are guys I can see the WWE safely releasing, without missing too many opportunities:

Trevor Murdoch - The guy's not bad, in fact he's quite good, but his gimmick and character is so stale, and he can't seem to get the push and attention it needs to stay afloat. Other places will likely flop with the guy as well, so I can see him being cut without too much drama later for the company.

Snitsky - This is sort of a two-sided coin. On one side, Snitsky can work a great hardcore match, and if he went to TNA, he could work some good stuff with Abyss, Rhino & Sabu. On the other hand, Snitsky has been turned into a bi-monthly jobber/bi-monthly monster. This inconsistency could really work to the WWE's advantage if they decide to cut him. Evaluating the situtation in WWE, and in TNA, I think he would be safe to cut at the present time.

Vito - Not too sure how talented he is, but he's impressed me on Velocity teaming with Nunzio, and a Heat match against Val Venis last year. That being said, the guy is getting up there in years, and if they need to cut someone, he is probably a guy they could.

Viscera - This guy is very similiar to Animal at the moment. He's on the roster, he's not that talented, he gets a decent crowd reaction, but he's just a time filler. He's a safe choice.

Mark Henry - He'll likely go this year, but I just thought I'd highlight him. I don't dislike Henry, but he's never been compelling to watch.

So my list is ultimately:

1. Road Warrior Animal (SmackDown!)
2. Hardcore Holly (SmackDown!)
3. Trevor Murdoch (RAW)
4. Snitsky (RAW)
5. Vito (SmackDown!)
6. Viscera (RAW)
7. Mark Henry (SmackDown!)

So that frees up some room for the cruiserweights, and maybe we can get The Bashams on TV now.

Y3J
01-18-2006, 06:19 PM
Doug Basham - The guy can go hold-for-hold with Chris Benoit.

Only when he's holding a cheeseburger.

Kane Knight
01-18-2006, 06:21 PM
who else should be released?

My load in RHS' ass. I'm pretty sure he's a "femme."

owenbrown
01-18-2006, 11:08 PM

......on Lita!

she would probably give them all STDs :shifty:

Gertner
01-18-2006, 11:17 PM
i like Jamie Noble alot.

Kane Knight
01-18-2006, 11:34 PM
she would probably give them all STDs :shifty:

She probably already has. :p

Favre4Ever
01-19-2006, 05:21 AM
Snitsky has about worn out his welcome.

Seriously, its hard to even look at the guy without shivering.

Cool King
01-19-2006, 06:26 AM
Here's what the WWE should do.

When the draft lottery returns, draft Richards back to RAW and give him some matches on RAW (Maybe the first match on RAW) then after a while people will start to notice him.

Then after a couple of weeks starting off RAW have him face Shelton at a PPV (Maybe it can be like Shelton VS Viscera, where Shelton's Moma asked for the match.) Richards will win the match and he'll be gaining some popularity.

Then on RAW have Snitsky attack him backstage, causing a fued to start between two good hardcore wrestlers.

Every single match between them will be a Hardcore match (Or TLC or Last Man Standing Match, whatever.). Any match where weapons are legal.

Most people love Hardcore matches, and with a Snitsky/Richards Hardcore Fued it'll make the two men more than just jobbers. Then after the fued it'll give the WWE two top guys.

Snitsky could go after the I.C Title and Richards could go for the World Tag Team Titles, then the I.C Title.

Therefore the WWE doesn't lose two good wresters and makes a good fued while there at it. It'll also give them more people to be in Title hunts with.

Kane Knight
01-19-2006, 09:27 AM
Snitsky has about worn out his welcome.

Seriously, its hard to even look at the guy without shivering.

that..Isn't...His...FAULT! *angry face*

Destor
01-19-2006, 04:52 PM
Somebody's Gotta Die, you asked to release every up and comer in the company.

Kane Knight
01-19-2006, 04:53 PM
He's coming to getcha?

Kane Knight
01-19-2006, 05:00 PM
I don't normally bend down to talk to gutterfolk. :o

Destor
01-19-2006, 05:21 PM
Shut up mark.

FourFifty
01-19-2006, 05:23 PM
Fire Fit Finlay

Y3J
01-20-2006, 11:03 AM
How can you fire a man like FINLAY...

He's the past, present and future of the industry...

Not to mention how he's giving new meaning to the term: FIGHTING IRISH...

Fighting sober?

Kane Knight
01-20-2006, 11:28 AM
Kill Fit Finlay

Kane Knight
01-20-2006, 11:29 AM
Fighting sober?

It'd be a first.