PDA

View Full Version : Tupac

The Naitch
01-23-2006, 09:40 PM
Did you prefer him before or after he signed with Death Row?

Joe Blow
01-23-2006, 09:42 PM
I liked him either way. He is still one of the best rappers of all time. :)

The Naitch
01-23-2006, 10:05 PM
he had no choice but to sign. That or stay in jail. Alot of his homies thought it wasn't a good move, but most of his best tracks came from All Eyez On Me. It's still my fav rap album off all time

D Mac
01-23-2006, 10:21 PM

Agreed.

Him and DMX are my favorites.

G-wrath
01-23-2006, 10:51 PM

Agreed. :y:

Tupac is my God and Snoop Dogg is my Jesus

D Mac
01-23-2006, 10:55 PM
Agreed. :y:

Tupac is my God and Snoop Dogg is my Jesus

You have to admit tho, Snoop has fallen off as of late, IMO. :|

The Naitch
01-23-2006, 10:57 PM
Snoop is crap

G-wrath
01-23-2006, 11:05 PM
You have to admit tho, Snoop has fallen off as of late, IMO. :|
I concur, I didn't really like his recent album Rhythm and Gangster: The Masterpiece. But his classics are gold.

G-wrath
01-23-2006, 11:08 PM
Snoop is crap

That's why he's not my God, he's my Jesus. :D

Johnny Vegas
01-23-2006, 11:13 PM
Snoop is STILL nasty, even since the early '90s. You will automatically have a hit with Snoop on it. But as for Tupac, yea it doesn't matter...before or after, he's still great.

Gonzo
01-23-2006, 11:40 PM
Tupac was disgusting, in all senses. Personally for me, when I listen, no other rapper can compare. The lyrics, the beats, the rhythym and flow, the man had it all.

Gertner
01-24-2006, 12:25 AM
snoop is amazing. and i preferred Death Row Tupac

btw G-Unit= the New Death Row

OssMan
01-24-2006, 12:32 AM

rap music

Gonzo
01-24-2006, 10:09 PM

No, just no.

Gertner
01-25-2006, 11:33 AM
oh g unit will never be even as close as good to death row. but just the way things are shaping up, it seems they've become a 2000's version of death row. just not nearly as good

Gonzo
01-25-2006, 01:05 PM
My apologies then. I guess you can spin it that way so I would agree.

The Naitch
01-26-2006, 12:38 PM
what is up with Suge Knight signing Petey Pablo?

Gertner
01-26-2006, 01:48 PM
the question should be. what's with petey pablo signing with suge knight?

Johnny Vegas
01-30-2006, 09:17 AM
Sources tell me that Pablo was pretty much "physically forced" to sign with Tha Row. :lol: i swear, even when this nigga (Suge) is like 50 years old, he still scares people

Gonzo
01-30-2006, 08:58 PM
Fuck him. I was watching Springer on vacation last year (I hate the beach.) and there was this black guy as one of the guests, almost identical to Suge Knight. Well it comes to the end of the show and this guy in the crowd speaks, and goes, blah blah something about whatever problem he was having, then he goes, "For christ's sake man, you look like a broke ass Suge Knight." Funniest shit ever.

94 SVT Cobra
01-30-2006, 11:53 PM
I think he was equally amazing on both ends, just a crazy man with a whole lot of heart and thought in his lyrics. One of the best ever

Gonzo
02-12-2006, 06:02 PM
Been trying to get my hands on every Tupac song I can, I'm up to 91 now. I have everything on his All Eyez on Me, Better Dayz and Makaveli albums (which I bought ages ago), all the singles I could find, plus anything else I could get. I've been looking to get all his albums (like purchase them). I'm not sure how many tracks he laid down in total but hopefully I'm getting there.

Triple A
02-12-2006, 06:04 PM
You can download most of his entire discography from torrentspy.com

I have just about every album/unreleased track.

Gonzo
02-12-2006, 06:06 PM
Sweet I'm going to have to check that out. :y:

D Mac
02-13-2006, 03:37 PM
Don't forget to get "Thug Life".

Excellent album. :y:

Gonzo
02-15-2006, 01:40 PM
Saw that on Amazon.com and didn't check it out, gonna go do that right now.

Gonzo
02-15-2006, 01:44 PM
Yeah I know some of the songs on that CD, probably will buy it anyways cause its fucking Tupac.

Sephiroth
02-15-2006, 02:01 PM
I liked Tupac before and after.

He will always be one of the best rappers and none of the rappers out there today can touch him.

Sephiroth
02-15-2006, 02:18 PM

Oh fuck no!

What are you white? :p J/K

G-Unit can't even touch the greatness that was Death Row.

el fregadero
02-15-2006, 03:33 PM
He's saying they are signing all the rappers btw, not that there rappers are as good as Death Row's were.

Sephiroth
02-15-2006, 05:26 PM
He's saying they are signing all the rappers btw, not that there rappers are as good as Death Row's were.

Yeah, i didn't hear that.

But if that is what he was saying, then he is right.

And even if they would sign all the rappers in the world they wouldn't come close.

Kris P Lettus
02-15-2006, 06:01 PM
90% of the posts in here are shit..

Gonzo
02-15-2006, 09:51 PM
Elaborate.

Kris P Lettus
02-15-2006, 10:32 PM
Tupac was not the best rapper ever.. On an MC level he maybe gets a 5/10.. Sure he was deep and prolific but that's about it.. Also, it irkes me to hear people talk shit about "rap today".. As long as Scarface and Chuck D and KRS 1 are still around no one can give me that "rap isn't what it use to be" because it still is.. Sure there's ALOT of commercial bullshit out there because Hip Hop is the new pop but that doesn't mean there aren't still alot of awesome MCs.. Guys like Gift of Gab, Lyrics Born, Charlie 2na, Talib, Mos Def, Akil, MF Doom, etc etc etc who are still around make all that pop shit look like Backstreet Boys.. Their skills also make Pac's flow sound like 3rd Bass.. Don't get me wrong, I :heart: Pac and own most of his shit, but to hear people blindly say he's the "greatest rapper of all time" is ridiculous because he isn't.. Lyrically, he's prolly the best writer the game has ever seen, but as a true MC, he was really lacking..

I dunno.. I feel alot of people (not just on here) say he's G.O.A.T. just to say it when spittin-wise I could name 20 guys off the top of my head that would dominate him..

But music is all subjective so..

:-\

el fregadero
02-15-2006, 11:47 PM
Chuck D is the greatest rapper of all time.

Kris P Lettus
02-16-2006, 12:00 AM
*one of

Gonzo
02-16-2006, 12:14 AM
Tupac was not the best rapper ever.. On an MC level he maybe gets a 5/10.. Sure he was deep and prolific but that's about it.. Also, it irkes me to hear people talk shit about "rap today".. As long as Scarface and Chuck D and KRS 1 are still around no one can give me that "rap isn't what it use to be" because it still is.. Sure there's ALOT of commercial bullshit out there because Hip Hop is the new pop but that doesn't mean there aren't still alot of awesome MCs.. Guys like Gift of Gab, Lyrics Born, Charlie 2na, Talib, Mos Def, Akil, MF Doom, etc etc etc who are still around make all that pop shit look like Backstreet Boys.. Their skills also make Pac's flow sound like 3rd Bass.. Don't get me wrong, I :heart: Pac and own most of his shit, but to hear people blindly say he's the "greatest rapper of all time" is ridiculous because he isn't.. Lyrically, he's prolly the best writer the game has ever seen, but as a true MC, he was really lacking..

I dunno.. I feel alot of people (not just on here) say he's G.O.A.T. just to say it when spittin-wise I could name 20 guys off the top of my head that would dominate him..

But music is all subjective so..

:-\

Oh theres no doubt that there are great MC's still today, too bad most of the morons in America prefer the garbage 50 Cent pop rap bullshit. You're right, music is highly subjective just like a lot of things, and personally Pac is my GOAT.

I don't see it as much where these other guys today are so far ahead of Pac in terms of being such great MC's, not to take anything away from them. I wouldn't knock Pac so far down as a 5, that seems to me as a bit of a disrespect. Without a doubt he stands as the best lyricist I've ever heard, I don't think I'll see anyone top him in my day.

2Pac encompassed what rap should be, there are a lot of guys today that come close to that and are very good in their own respects. I think these guys get lost in the mix with the music craze of today's society, which is sad in effect, because the music popularized by the radio isn't good at all in my opinion.

I guess you could try to weigh out what is most important when judging the quality of a rapper, but everyone finds their enjoyment out of something different. I think no one can disagree that 2Pac, along with a handful of others that have rapped, or rap today are on a pedestal that won't be touched ever, or for a very long time.

el fregadero
02-16-2006, 12:14 AM
He's tied with Vanilla Ice.

Gonzo
02-16-2006, 12:17 AM
Also, I have to add, I don't know why but 2Pac's voice sounds so unique to me. I could hear one line and pick out a 2Pac song easily, whereas I might not to do that with today's music because there is a lot of generic sounding rappers, to me that is.

The Naitch
02-16-2006, 12:28 AM
Gang Related Soundtrack
Above The Rim Soundtrack

Kris P Lettus
02-16-2006, 12:40 AM
I respect what Pac represented and what he did for the game.. All I'm saying is, there have been and are hella people that can "spit" better than him..

I guess I am breaking it down too much but when I think of best MC, I think of guys who use wordplay and punchlines, not make me tear up when they talk about their mama..

:y:

p.s. Thug Life Vol. 2 and Makaveli are my favorite shits by him..

Jesus Shuttlesworth
02-16-2006, 12:58 AM
I think a lot of people give lesser known guys TOO much credit just because they aren't as known sometimes. Big L had some of the best punchline shit, but I would still rather listen to 2Pac songs then a bunch of Big L tracks. Like you said its all subjective, so saying all the posts in this theard are garbage is kinda ridiculous. It's not like they are saying Tony Yayo is the best rapper of all time. Calling Pac one of the greats isn't garbage at all, I dunno how you can pick punchlines over rapping about shit with meaning or vice versa.

el fregadero
02-16-2006, 01:00 AM
That's why I chose Chuck D.

Kris P Lettus
02-16-2006, 01:04 AM
I think a lot of people give lesser known guys TOO much credit just because they aren't as known sometimes. Big L had some of the best punchline shit, but I would still rather listen to 2Pac songs then a bunch of Big L tracks. Like you said its all subjective, so saying all the posts in this theard are garbage is kinda ridiculous. It's not like they are saying Tony Yayo is the best rapper of all time. Calling Pac one of the greats isn't garbage at all, I dunno how you can pick punchlines over rapping about shit with meaning or vice versa.

I said 90%..

And yes, it is subjective which means I can think of other's opinions as shit the same way I can think of some music as shit..

Kris P Lettus
02-16-2006, 01:05 AM
p.s. for El Freg:

el fregadero
02-16-2006, 01:19 AM
lol I think I actually used to have that avatar before football season started up...and ended

D Mac
02-16-2006, 01:20 AM
Gang Related Soundtrack
Above The Rim Soundtrack

Don't forget Gridlock'd Soundtrack.

D Mac
02-16-2006, 01:21 AM
Shit I got to rent that movie again.

el fregadero
02-16-2006, 01:22 AM
He Got Game soundtrack

alvarado52
02-16-2006, 11:54 AM
Hmm. Thats kinda hard to tell because he only did like 2 albums (3 if you count the double disc) with Death Row. Ive been a fan of 2pac since Digital Underground! Wow, tough question. After, although Me Against the World and Thug Life V.1 were solid albums.