PDA

View Full Version : Open Invitational Match for the Cruiserweight Championship

CharismaInjection
01-29-2006, 11:06 AM
At Armageddon, Kid Kash quieted the critics by defeating Juventud to win the Cruiserweight Championship. On Jan. 29 at the Royal Rumble, Kash plans to silence his doubters one more time…only this time, he doesn’t know who his opponent will be.

On the Jan. 28 edition of Velocity on WWE.com, Kristal caught up with Kash backstage and announced that he would be defending the Cruiserweight Championship at the Royal Rumble in an Open Invitational Match. Despite not knowing who his opponent will be, or whether or not it will be just one opponent, Kash promised to keep the gold around his waist.

Will Kash be able to overcome the mystery and remain Cruiserweight Champion, or will this match be someone’s open invitation to the top? Tune in to the Royal Rumble on Jan. 29 to find out.

I think personally that Kash will drop the belt, he's injured and it seems the Cruiserweight is changing hands at every single ppv.

Here are my thoughts:

Possible Candidates

1. Chavo Guerrero. [This is a perfect excuse to get him back on the right brand, say since he has a Smackdown belt, he is now Smackdown]

2. CM Punk. [This could be his debut]

3. Jamie Noble. [Makes his ppv return to capture the cruiserweight championship]

What are your thoughts.

hb2k
01-29-2006, 11:44 AM
Nunzio, London, Kendrick, Noble....

Anyone else that can be in it?

Oh fuck, Scotty and Funaki....

I'm calling for a Noble victory.

Loose Cannon
01-29-2006, 11:45 AM
X-pac

PullMyFinger
01-29-2006, 12:22 PM
LOL The cruiserweights in WWE and their title...laughable.

I love how the cruiserweight title either has an open invitational at the PPV or a battle royal.

Danny Electric
01-29-2006, 12:25 PM
You know your dealing with the x-factor.

But we all really know, that this will lead to the return of...

Gillberg!!!!!

thecc
01-29-2006, 12:27 PM
Jamie Noble for the block.

owenbrown
01-29-2006, 12:37 PM
There's a CRUISERWEIGHT title?! :wtf:

JH
01-29-2006, 12:48 PM
There's a CRUISERWEIGHT title?! :wtf:
yea they just remembered they had one

i hope it's chavo or punk thought that would be a waste of punks talent

Danny Electric
01-29-2006, 01:30 PM
Me and LC have inside knowledge.

Innovator
01-29-2006, 02:06 PM
Gibson

Kane Knight
01-29-2006, 02:23 PM
Me and LC have inside knowledge.

Obtained from blowing one of the Juniors, no less.

Kane Knight
01-29-2006, 02:23 PM
Michael Moore.

hb2k
01-29-2006, 02:41 PM
Todd Grisham will win it.

Fryza
01-29-2006, 02:42 PM
I'm personally pulling for Zach Gowen, but that's just me.

Funky Fly
01-29-2006, 03:07 PM
All jokes aside, it would be a god way to introduce a new wrestler.

Y3J
01-29-2006, 03:12 PM
Finally, The Juice has come back to Miami.

Funky Fly
01-29-2006, 03:16 PM
Finally, The Juice has come back to Miami.
The only place The juice has come back to is the unemployment line.

Innovator
01-29-2006, 03:17 PM
Punk weighs 246 now, so he isn't a cruiser

R.K.O Ownage
01-29-2006, 03:34 PM
it might turn up to be a battle royal..never know

i think possible the return of sum1...but who....cm punk

or rey or spike

Danny Electric
01-29-2006, 03:38 PM
No I blew the juniors to get other knowledge.

Reckon it will be one guy to fight after another or everyone in at the same time.

UmbrellaCorporation
01-29-2006, 03:51 PM
Nick Mondo is so gonna win this.

Mr. Nerfect
01-29-2006, 04:10 PM
I hope they give us something classy like Kid Kash vs. Jamie Noble vs. Paul London vs. Brian Kendrick, and give it TIME! Those four guys could steal the show, and tell a great story. I'd shift the title to Paul London in that match when Noble & Kash have a falling out, and Noble is eliminated by Kendrick, Kendrick gets eliminated by Kash, then Funaki comes out and costs Kash the final fall against London.

It being Chavo Guerrero isn't a bad idea, either, but they seem intent on pushing Chavo, and with the current introduction of mid-card heels on RAW (namely in the form of the Spirit Squad), Chavo might be better served there.

If it is Johnny Jeter or Mike Mondo escaping the Spirit Squad gimmick, I'm all for it.

CM Punk might be a bit too big for the Cruiserweight Title, but if they do a similiar angle as they did with Chris Jericho & Matt Hardy, I can see it working out, especially heading into Chicago. I can see Punk being the Chicago version of Christian.

It COULD be Funaki, but that would be a cop-out, in my opinion. Have Funaki get involved, even going as far as to cost Kash the belt. Keep him out of the match using "injuries" he sustained at the hands of Finlay on SmackDown!. Kid Kash vs. Funaki has proven to be a good match-up in the past, but no one gives Funaki two chances. At least Kid Kash vs. Funaki on the SmackDown! after the PPV could be more predictable without a title on the line.

Nunzio & Scotty 2 Hotty could get involved as well, and if they want to give the cruisers even more time, I'd love to see a Six-Man Elimination Match for the Cruiserweight Title, with a similiar outcome.

Mr. Nerfect
01-29-2006, 04:12 PM
But yeah, I'm glad they added a match like this, because nothing else on the Rumble card (except the World Title matches) particularly screams solid. I'm looking for this match to go on first, giving us a strong showing early on.

Skippord
01-30-2006, 01:00 AM
IT WAS GREGORY HELMS

Linkbowler
01-30-2006, 01:14 AM
Anyone got a non-winamp video?

CharismaInjection
01-30-2006, 02:14 AM
Well, I was half right about it being a cruiserweight from Raw.

Mr. Nerfect
01-30-2006, 04:12 AM
This could be good, especially if they use this as an opportunity to make Gregory Helms an interpromotional superstar for a while. Gregory Helms vs. Chavo Guerrero, Gregory Helms vs. Romeo and Gregory Helms vs. Antonio on RAW, and then have him go to SmackDown! exclusively.

Paul London got to do some crazy shit as well. :D

hb2k
01-31-2006, 09:20 PM
Yeh, London was the star in that match.

Corkscrewed
02-01-2006, 01:42 AM
London is the star in all his matches. ;)