The World's Greatest Wrestling Managers
The American Dream: The Dusty Rhodes Story
ECW Blood Sport: The Most Violent Matches
WWE Divas Do New York
ECW Blood Sport: The Most Violent Matches -- Volume II

Again... Pillman DVD :drool:

Loose Cannon
02-04-2006, 02:08 PM
you're gonna get people telling you there's already a thread on this, but since that Pillman DVD is coming out and you're a Pillman mark, I don't give a shit. Two threads is fine for this. :y:

Crimson
02-04-2006, 02:13 PM
Greatest managers ...Heenan, Hart...Fuji, come to mind. Today's managers suck, they need to bring an annoying little manager into the picture to make us hate him, and push some deserving guys.

The Icon of Elisim
02-04-2006, 03:04 PM
I will probably check out the Pillman dvd cause I've only seen his WWF stuff from the Hart Foundation days, always heard great stuff from his WCW days but I've never had access to it.

Loose Cannon
02-04-2006, 03:06 PM
it's the ECW footage that's the greatest of the character imo. hope that's on there.

Zen v.W.o.
02-04-2006, 03:12 PM
His greatest character is from late 1995 to the end of his days. He was doing great stuff in wcw too. I recall that promo in the ring where Pillman was out of control and Arn had to smack him, real fucking hard. He later became the rogue horseman.
Also, in his early wwf days, you could tell he was still going along with the ecw intensity he had. One of his very first promos in the wwf was at KOTR 1996...he said some very controversial shit that night. Talked about the audience and how he could understand why Dahmer wanted to consume them all from head to toe. There could have been family or something of the victims in the audience...they were going all out with that psycho character.

Even Owen doing commentary made a comment about how he's a bit of a nutjob.

I always said if you could have the pillman character from his later days, mixed with his wrestling ability of his days before his massive injury, you would have had a world champ, and the guy helping Austin during the attitude years.

Rob
02-04-2006, 07:38 PM
you're gonna get people telling you there's already a thread on this, but since that Pillman DVD is coming out and you're a Pillman mark, I don't give a shit. Two threads is fine for this. :y:

I looked and didn't find a first one :-\

And this also gives hope to an Owen Hart DVD :drool:

Chavo Classic
02-04-2006, 07:40 PM
When do we get a Vito DVD?

Fryza
02-04-2006, 07:55 PM
I'll probably check out the Austin/McMahon and Pillman ones, maybe if the ECW DVDs are any good, I'll check them out. Otherwise, meh.

Rob
02-04-2006, 08:14 PM
The Piper one will probably be awesome too.

McLegend
02-04-2006, 08:17 PM
WWE Divas do New York will probably be the greatest DVD ever.

Zen v.W.o.
02-04-2006, 08:56 PM
The Piper one will probably be awesome too.

Oh it's Piper, it will be.

I think the wwe will probably do an Owen dvd too, that's pretty evident.

Rob
02-04-2006, 09:13 PM
Only problem is that it really needs to have Martha Hart on it and she wouldn't do anything with WWE for all the money in the world.

Zen v.W.o.
02-04-2006, 09:27 PM
What do you mean? Like she has to give her permission or something to go ahead with it? Or she just has to be somehow involved with the project?
If the latter, I dont see why. I think they could do a solid bio on Owen without her input.

Rob
02-04-2006, 09:35 PM
Because Owen was well known for totally being a family man. You need someone who can tell that side of the story. I don't really wanna the likes of Steve Lombardi or Bruce Pritchard on another DVD just because they happen to work for WWE.

Zen v.W.o.
02-04-2006, 11:35 PM
You could probably get Bret and a few others who could relate that if need be. I seriously doubt Martha cares about the business and I dont see her doing anything at all with the wwe.

Xero
02-04-2006, 11:38 PM
Only problem is that it really needs to have Martha Hart on it and she wouldn't do anything with WWE for all the money in the world.
Do you think that's going to stop the WWE from making a buck?

If they did release an Owen DVD, I would hope that they would add an extra disk with RAW is OWEN in it's entirety.

Rob
02-05-2006, 09:15 AM
Do you think that's going to stop the WWE from making a buck?

If they did release an Owen DVD, I would hope that they would add an extra disk with RAW is OWEN in it's entirety.

Of course not.

I have the originally Raw Is Owen show but I wouldn't want to see the whole thing on DVD. Too many fake moments on there and stuff that wasn't really appropriate for a tribute e.g. Billy Gunn and the Godfather.

Xero
02-05-2006, 10:07 AM
Well, I'd at least like to see some of the backstage promos for him on the DVD as extras.

Hired Hitman
02-05-2006, 11:38 AM
"WWE Divas Do New York" :drool:

I wish I was new york right now.

Batsu
02-05-2006, 12:09 PM
I'll skip Austin Vs. McMahon, since all or most of that is Attitude era, and that means blurred out "WWF" logos and creative evasion of the letters "WWF" being uttered...no thanks.

However, Pillman? YES. I'll buy that in a second. Hope that one is as good as the Bret Hart DVD set (which was largely due in fact that Bret was around when The WWF used the "non-scratch" logo)....

Xero
02-05-2006, 12:14 PM
Why is the WWF blurs/censors such a big factor? It's not like it makes it impossible to watch.

Rob
02-05-2006, 12:55 PM
It's annoying as fuck. I don't see the problem in keeping it and just not advertising it.

Xero
02-05-2006, 03:19 PM
So if, let's say, the Bret and Pillman DVDs had everything blurred. Would you avoid it?

Rob
02-05-2006, 04:23 PM
Of course. What's the point if it's all blurred? I have most of it on tape anyway.

mrslackalack
02-05-2006, 10:00 PM
I read on a site that the managers DVD and the Austin vs Mcmahon DVD will be the VHS relases from Coliseum Video like they did with Andre the Giant and the I-C title DVD's last year.

Zen v.W.o.
02-05-2006, 10:25 PM
I could care less about the blurring of a fucking logo. Bret and Pillman, that's too good for me not to get them for something minor like that.

Pinnacle Charisma
02-05-2006, 11:45 PM
The managers one, pillman, hart and the history of the awa looks intresting.

Cena the time in now = :|

Batsu
02-06-2006, 09:37 AM
Why is the WWF blurs/censors such a big factor? It's not like it makes it impossible to watch.

Like Rob said. It's annoying. It's like WWE trying to retcon something you can't retcon; like "The WWF" didn't even exist. It's a distraction more often than not, especially when you have older video releases or something to that effect that shows it all. WWE should release 2 different videos. One for North America, one for the UK and elsewhere. UK has the blurs (because that's where that ruling really has the largest effect), everywhere else still has the "F" intact.

Londoner
02-06-2006, 09:47 AM
I want a Kurt Angle DVD damnit, when will that happen?

Londoner
02-06-2006, 09:48 AM

They are annoying and are there to be annoying.I try to ignore them as much as I can but it just seems silly when we know that it says WWF.Sometimes you can see the logo through the blurs anyway.