PDA

View Full Version : HBK to call it a day?

Dave Youell
02-07-2006, 04:23 AM
From this week's W.O via the DVDVR boards:

Shawn Micheals asked to be removed as a full timer after WMania. He will come in for big shots ala Hogan.

Micheals was frustrated by the lack of promotion for his book as well

What Would Kevin Do?
02-07-2006, 05:49 AM
:(

Say what you want about the guy, but he's going to leave a big void.

I can't say I totally disagree w/ him though.

What Would Kevin Do?
02-07-2006, 05:50 AM
Also, he better put Shelton over before leaving.

LK
02-07-2006, 05:50 AM
I could have sworn I saw on a website something about HBK saying that he wanted to keep going for a few years.

Funky Fly
02-07-2006, 05:52 AM
Well fuck, if it means someone else can take his permanent upper tier spot, then cool.

Can't say I blame him about his book promotion, but then since a fair chunk of it is probably bullshit and/or whining I'm not complaining.

What Would Kevin Do?
02-07-2006, 05:54 AM
I could have sworn I saw on a website something about HBK saying that he wanted to keep going for a few years.

That is true. Maybe this is what feuding w/ a McMahon does to you? Afterall, he's in Anti-Austin angle here. He's fighting with his boss and getting pissed on week in week out.

What Would Kevin Do?
02-07-2006, 05:55 AM
Well fuck, if it means someone else can take his permanent upper tier spot, then cool.

Two weeks after Mania, Mark Henry is drafted to Raw.

Dave Youell
02-07-2006, 05:56 AM
That is true. Maybe this is what feuding w/ a McMahon does to you? Afterall, he's in Anti-Austin angle here. He's fighting with his boss and getting pissed on week in week out.
You know the business is a work right?

Dave Youell
02-07-2006, 05:58 AM
Two weeks after Mania, Mark Henry is drafted to Raw.
I little bit of sick just came up in my mouth then

What Would Kevin Do?
02-07-2006, 06:06 AM

Bullshit mang... Mae Young's hand goes to school down the road from me. I'm just saying, ya gotta think there are people Shawn would prefer to wrestle over Vince/Shane at Mania.

Dave Youell
02-07-2006, 06:39 AM
Bullshit mang... Mae Young's hand goes to school down the road from me. I'm just saying, ya gotta think there are people Shawn would prefer to wrestle over Vince/Shane at Mania.

Perhaps, but in the same breath if your invovled with a McMahon at mania you know your going to be getting alot of TV time, as Vince ego would require it to get the feud over, remember Mania 19? Every 15 minutes on Smackdown they were talking about Hogan/Vince 20 years in the making....So it's not like he's getting a nothing match out of this, just not a great wrestling match.

Oh and the Hand is just living the gimmick, he's paid to by the WWE to keep kayfabe alive

Savio
02-07-2006, 07:11 AM
I little bit of sick just came up in my mouth thenYou know in some countries all they eat is vomit.

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
02-07-2006, 07:15 AM
Canada.

Kane Knight
02-07-2006, 10:00 AM

I'm still wondering if all this is a "punishment" angle, so maybe it did prompt him to want to leave.

Kane Knight
02-07-2006, 10:01 AM

You mean Eddie, Owen, Brian, etc. Are still alive, Brock's not really suing, and Austin's never walked out on the company, leaving them in the lurch?

YOUR Hero
02-07-2006, 10:04 AM
Plus he's old

wwe2222
02-07-2006, 10:34 AM
Plus he's old

he is still one of the top 3 day in and day out performers they have

Dave Youell
02-07-2006, 10:43 AM
You mean Eddie, Owen, Brian, etc. Are still alive, Brock's not really suing, and Austin's never walked out on the company, leaving them in the lurch?
Yeap, the entire business

Sid never broke his leg, it was all CGI, heck the entire crowd there was, i've never met one person who was at that show.

No one has ever got hurt in wrestling, it's all special effects, infact the only time you get to see wrestlers is during promo's where they don't get hurt. It's the stuntmen that get injured, those poor poor stuntmen.

Now back to my glue sniffing...........

Chavo Classic
02-07-2006, 10:50 AM
It's the stuntmen that get injured, those poor poor stuntmen.

Poor poor Jeff Hardy indeed

Mike the Metal Ed
02-07-2006, 10:54 AM
:(

FourFifty
02-07-2006, 12:19 PM
Raw better get some newer talent on the screen. Push Shelton up after he drops the whole "momma" thing, cut back on Chris Masters, and give Matt Striker some time on Raw... But Chris Masters... I was almost impressed with his match on Raw. Not going to give away any spoilers, but for me to almost be impressed with Masters means he's getting better.

TerranRich
02-07-2006, 12:29 PM
Now back to my glue sniffing...........Poor poor Jeff Hardy indeed

darkpower
02-07-2006, 12:39 PM

And that means that the WWE still has more fans than we actually see buy tickets?

Splaya
02-07-2006, 12:43 PM
Raw better get some newer talent on the screen. Push Shelton up after he drops the whole "momma" thing, cut back on Chris Masters, and give Matt Striker some time on Raw... But Chris Masters... I was almost impressed with his match on Raw. Not going to give away any spoilers, but for me to almost be impressed with Masters means he's getting better.

Yeah where the fuck is striker anyways? I was enjoying him and then poof, he's gone

FourFifty
02-07-2006, 12:48 PM
Yeah where the fuck is striker anyways? I was enjoying him and then poof, he's gone

I think he was on Raw once, and then on WWE.com for the rest of his life :(That dude's promo skills rank right up there with Kurt.

Stickman
02-07-2006, 12:48 PM
It's really a shame. HBK is still one of the best. They don't have much in terms of talent as it is, losing him would be huge. Whenever I make my girlfriend watch Raw she actually seems to enjoy HBK matches. Haha, that reminds me. My girlfriend loves John Cena because he's "hot" but she even says he's an awful wrestler.

Just John
02-07-2006, 01:05 PM
This wouldn't make WWE worth watching anymore.

RGWhat316
02-07-2006, 01:22 PM
He is actually the first one on this week's Unlimited.

Kane Knight
02-07-2006, 02:08 PM
he is still one of the top 3 day in and day out performers they have

You're right.

Of course, if they didn't tell Burchall to not fly, if they didn't ban cruiserweight moves, if they didn't tell Cena he can't even use the Throwback, if they didn't waste TV time with Mark Henry and Big Vis, if they didn't spend so much time promoting Chris Masters and the like...

Basically, what I'm trying to establish is that HBK is a top dog in a fixed fight. Not to knock Michaels, because he's one of the few performers busting his ass, but he's also one of the only ones who is able to really cut loose.

Kane Knight
02-07-2006, 02:10 PM
Poor poor Jeff Hardy indeed

What was his band called again? The <s>Stoned Temple Spotfest</s> Drunk Stuntmen?

Just John
02-07-2006, 02:24 PM
LOL Stoned Temple Spotfest

Mr. JL
02-07-2006, 03:11 PM
Fuck, I hate this part time 'show-up when I want to' or 'when I can make a big payoff by taking an up-and-comers spot at Wrestle Mania' stuff.

wwe2222
02-07-2006, 03:16 PM
You're right.

Of course, if they didn't tell Burchall to not fly, if they didn't ban cruiserweight moves, if they didn't tell Cena he can't even use the Throwback, if they didn't waste TV time with Mark Henry and Big Vis, if they didn't spend so much time promoting Chris Masters and the like...

Basically, what I'm trying to establish is that HBK is a top dog in a fixed fight. Not to knock Michaels, because he's one of the few performers busting his ass, but he's also one of the only ones who is able to really cut loose.

im not disagreeing...but he does bust his ass and he has alot of opponents that are helped by that fact, regardless of how much he is allowed to cut loose. Plus he still has the mic skills to put on a good fued. Im not saying he should be winning the title, but I would be disappointed to see him not be around as much

Kane Knight
02-07-2006, 03:37 PM
I agree. It's just that I'm pointing out there are a lot of other people who are, or could be, as complete a package as Michaels.

loopydate
02-07-2006, 04:00 PM
Now my dreams are fading like age-old photographs
Hurt too much to look at now, reminders of our past
Tell me a lie and say that you won't go
Look in my eyes and hold me even though
I realize you have to walk away
No more yesterday...

Corkscrewed
02-07-2006, 07:07 PM
Just when Shawn might be looking like he's really turned over a new leaf, he goes and acts like a crybaby. :lol:

I'll miss him in the ring, but he just comes off as a total pout in this whole thing.

Skippord
02-07-2006, 07:29 PM
You're right.

Damn you reminded me of the throwback :'(

and when Cena was good

Otherside
02-07-2006, 09:33 PM
You know in some countries all they eat is vomit.

Yeah I read that somewhere; In a book!

http://www.masslive.com/images/weblogs/movieboy/033104dodgeball.jpg

Fox
02-08-2006, 12:48 AM
Good riddance.

HBK has been stale for a long time now - the only interesting thing he's done in the past two years was his heel turn against Hogan, but then he turned right back after their feud was over. Other than that, he's just been sticking his big fucking ego wherever he can get it on TV.

I sure as hell missed him after WrestleMania XIV, and I definitely marked out when he returned to beat Triple H in 2002, but god damn have I gotten sick of him now. Something needs to happen that makes him lose faith in Christianity; maybe then we'd see something a little edgier from the revolutionary who started D-Generation-X and "Suck it."

I'm not worried about a void with his departure. Guys like Rob Van Dam, Shelton Benjamin, and Kane are dying to fill that upper-card/main event spot.

What Would Kevin Do?
02-08-2006, 01:02 AM
Kane filling Shawn's spot is laughable. I'm sorry. As of right now, Shelton is in that same boat. RVD might be able to, but he doesn't have mic skills in Shawn's league.

I don't see how he's "stale." He's put on great matches with Kurt and Shelton (beating Shelon, but making him look like a million bucks.) He's also put on good matches with Carlito, where Carlito came out looking good. HBK is in a spot where he can have legitimate feuds with younger guys, and make them look good. Who else has really done that lately? HHH did it with Shelton and Batista (and you could argue he made Chavo look good, but I doubt anything will come of it.)

Let's say RVD or Shelton takes Shawn's spot. It's not as easy for them to make someone look good without damaging themselves. They haven't been built up to a high enough status where their selling of offense becomes "Wow, this guy is a legit threat if he can take them to the limit." as opposed to simply "Wow, this is a close match."

Mr. Nerfect
02-08-2006, 03:49 AM
I dunno how true this is, but I must say I wouldn't be too upset if he did leave. I would much rather see him put over a new talent rather than a McMahon at WrestleMania, though.

I was just thinking, why not have Shawn Michaels vs. Lance Cade (w/Vince & Shane McMahon) at WrestleMania? Cade can be the "second coming of Michaels", trained by Shawn himself, looking to get on the right side of the men in power. HBK says he will step aside if Cade can beat him, and at WM Cade does.

What Would Kevin Do?
02-08-2006, 03:57 AM
It's a good idea in theory, but I don't think Cade has it. I don't think people will ever truly get behind Cade.

Unleash-Hell
02-08-2006, 04:04 AM
why Cade....i think they should put him over with a very good match but in the end the ref gets hit and vince has to take over..then he gets screwed

What Would Kevin Do?
02-08-2006, 04:14 AM
Right now, in order, these are the best choices IMO for going over HBK, especially if it's his last match

1. Carlito (Crowd is into him, he's been pretty impressive in the ring, and it could cement him as a major star.
2. Shelton (see above)
3 RVD (Same reasons as above, plus it could help remove the scar from his previous burial.

4. CM Punk. ( Bring him up, give him a huge win, could really jump start him in the eyes of the fans if they play off it right.)

5. Lashley (Cement him as a threat. Make him the one big man HBK could never beat.... Although I'd be happier if Lashley ended Undertaker's streak.)

Unleash-Hell
02-08-2006, 04:20 AM
i see carlito doing it

What Would Kevin Do?
02-08-2006, 04:21 AM
I don't :( That'd be to logical.

Although they are slowly turning him from a cowardly heel to a threat in the ring.

Unleash-Hell
02-08-2006, 04:22 AM
lol hes starting to be a little BIG haired high flyer

Kane Knight
02-08-2006, 01:03 PM
Kane filling Shawn's spot is laughable. I'm sorry. As of right now, Shelton is in that same boat. RVD might be able to, but he doesn't have mic skills in Shawn's league.

I don't see how he's "stale." He's put on great matches with Kurt and Shelton (beating Shelon, but making him look like a million bucks.) He's also put on good matches with Carlito, where Carlito came out looking good. HBK is in a spot where he can have legitimate feuds with younger guys, and make them look good. Who else has really done that lately? HHH did it with Shelton and Batista (and you could argue he made Chavo look good, but I doubt anything will come of it.)

Let's say RVD or Shelton takes Shawn's spot. It's not as easy for them to make someone look good without damaging themselves. They haven't been built up to a high enough status where their selling of offense becomes "Wow, this guy is a legit threat if he can take them to the limit." as opposed to simply "Wow, this is a close match."

RVD doesn't need to be in Michael's league. He could walk out, say "dude," and the fanbase would go apeshit. Don't believe me? Watch Raw. The guy was far better on the mic in ECW, and fans STILL mark out for him.

What Would Kevin Do?
02-08-2006, 01:10 PM
RVD doesn't need to be in Michael's league. He could walk out, say "dude," and the fanbase would go apeshit. Don't believe me? Watch Raw. The guy was far better on the mic in ECW, and fans STILL mark out for him.

If he's high on the card though, he'd need more. He'd probably be on the mic week in/week out. Hell, people got hella sick of HHH, and he's way better on the mic.

I love RVD, but I don't know if I want to hear him on the mic constantly.

Kane Knight
02-08-2006, 01:19 PM
I'd definitely compare him to Triple H.

I mean, having a similar demeanor for each promo is the same as having poor speaking skills and saying the same THING over and over.