PDA

View Full Version : The Death of WCW

Fox
02-08-2006, 12:54 AM
I picked up my copy of RD Reynolds' "The Death of WCW" to give it a second read, and discovered the previously overlooked dedication in the front:

"For Hunter and Steph"

:lol: That's good stuff.

Great book too. So many interesting facts and in many ways it does parallel what is happening in the WWE today.

Blitz
02-08-2006, 01:06 AM
Yeah, I got it for Christmas. Great read.
Also, check out the Wrestlecrap book.

loopydate
02-08-2006, 01:11 AM
The Wrestlecrap book was great. Wanted Death of WCW for Christmas, but didn't get it.

Ah, well. I'm going to start getting paid again soon, so I'll get it then.

RGWhat316
02-08-2006, 01:13 AM
I borrowed the Wrestlecrap version from a friend of mine and it was a very interesting read. I hardly ever watched WCW, so reading what they did in the latter years made me really glad that I didn't.

weather vane
02-08-2006, 01:14 AM
I can never find the fucking thing. It's always out of stock.

RGWhat316
02-08-2006, 01:18 AM
You can get it at highspots.com for $14.99. http://www.highspots.com/product.asp?affiliateid=393&id=11359

Someone1001
02-08-2006, 01:56 AM
I got the book out of my local library a couple months ago. Reading it reminded me of how much more I liked WCW than the WWF. Despite all the stupidity on the top of the cards (and on the part of Buff Bagwell and Lex Luger). It was only when Jericho jumped brands that I really did too. I can't believe how much Jericho got me hating Benoit durring their fued. I didn't like the guy again for years after that. 'course, I was more of a mark back then. Ah, to be young again. But I digress. The worst part was probably where they made David Arquette the World Champ. But even that didn't turn out too bad. Had a nice cage match in there, if I recall correctly (which he was the backdrop to). In fact, if I really had to pick a point at which WCW hit no return with me, it was around the Double J/Powers That Be era. Boy that stunk. Loved the New Blood stuff, but egos really shot that one in the foot. I'll always remember Kidman getting the win over Hogan though.

Unleash-Hell
02-08-2006, 04:28 AM
Yeah great book!

Skippord
02-08-2006, 05:52 AM
I've read it like 8 times in my study hall class

PullMyFinger
02-08-2006, 10:34 AM
Yeah, even though WCW had its low points, I still loved it a lot. However, out of all the eras...I'd say the Powers That Be era was the worst like someone said above me. All you just saw was a face talking a la George Steinbenner on Seinfeld...and the commentatos kept saying WHAT HAVE THE POWERS THAT BE DONE NOW?!?!

Gay!

Disturbed316
02-08-2006, 10:34 AM
I've got both Wrestlecrap and Death of WCW and both are great reads. Highly recommend them to people who don't have them.

Xero
02-08-2006, 11:20 AM
I have and read Death of WCW. Great book. I still have to get my hands on the Wrestlecrap book.

The Heat
02-08-2006, 09:16 PM
Haven't read it yet. I had an opportunity to get on a Books-A-Million in the mall awhile back and instead opted to get Eddie Guerrero's autobiography.

The Death of WCW seemed like a good book to pickup though. It'd be interesting to find out what all contributed to its downfall....