PDA

View Full Version : Chris Kanyon gay?

The Fugitive
02-08-2006, 10:05 PM
Credit to www.ontarioindywrestling.com (http://www.ontarioindywrestling.com):

Some shocking news coming out of the BSE show this past Saturday. Chris Kanyon announced to the world that he had been hiding the fact that he is a gay man for the past 14 years. I am trying to get more details as many are unsure if this is indeed true or just part of an angle.

"Chris Kanyon said that he believes that the reason he was fired from WWE was not because of cutbacks, not because they didn't have a storyline for him, or any other reason you might have heard. Following some very nasty words for WWE and Vince McMahon, Kanyon revealed to the crowd that he believes that he was fired because the higher ups in WWE found out that he is GAY. Kanyon then said he was tired of living in the closet and announced to the awestruck crowd that he was in fact a homosexual. He said he couldn't live another day living the lie. He then pronounced himself as the first openly gay professional wrestler in the industry. He then went on to say that he chose to be the real Chris Kanyon, and the fans had to chose whether they wanted to boo him or cheer him. Either way it was their choice and life is about choices. He was finally happy that he made his. Tonight would be the first time that Chris Kanyon wrestled with the weight off his shoulders."

Blitz
02-08-2006, 10:07 PM
Zuh?

Kane Knight
02-08-2006, 10:09 PM
There was ever a doubt?

N aw, I kid.

PullMyFinger
02-08-2006, 10:10 PM
Huh?! WHAAAAAAAAAAAT?!

I hope this doesn't sound wrong but...does this make him a heel forever now?!

thecc
02-08-2006, 10:14 PM
Good for him. Gotta wonder if this will affect him getting future wrestling bookings though.

Skippord
02-08-2006, 10:18 PM
"The Bathhouse Brawler" Chris Kanyon

Kane Knight
02-08-2006, 10:18 PM
Huh?! WHAAAAAAAAAAAT?!

I hope this doesn't sound wrong but...does this make him a heel forever now?!

No, but it does make him a bottom.

Kane Knight
02-08-2006, 10:19 PM
"The Backdoor Brawler" Chris Kanyon

loopydate
02-08-2006, 10:31 PM
Good for him. I gotta admit, I'm not surprised, but good for him finally getting it out into the open. I can't imagine what being closeted for 14 years must have been like, especially in a MAN STRONG industry like professional wrestling.

I actually wrote a screenplay about a wrestler who comes out, but I just got trumped by the real thing.

The Show Off
02-08-2006, 10:32 PM
That's amazingly brave of him to do. I think with the fans he'll get a warm ovation from them. Genarally people admire honesty, and I think the fans will treat him faiirly. However, there are some redneck, hayseed, jackasses out there that might boo him because he's a "fag" but I'd like to believe that people are a little more open minded then that now-a-days.

The real problem for Chris is not how the fans will treat him, but how the boys in the back will treat him. In any physically demanding job their is lots of macho bullshit, and him being gay might be detremental to him.

All and all I think that is very admirable of Chris to do, not only is it going to be great from him to be able to live his life honestly, but he also thinks the wrestling fans are ready now to handle a gay wrestler. All in all this is a good thing and I wish him all the best.

Who better the Kanyon?

Mr. Nerfect
02-08-2006, 10:46 PM
Good for him. I hope everything works out for him. I wonder if this is an angle, though?

Either way, Kanyon's gonna get some attention, which could land him a spot in TNA or even the WWE again. I'm not complaning, because the guy is darn good.

Kane Knight
02-08-2006, 10:52 PM
Good for him. I gotta admit, I'm not surprised, but good for him finally getting it out into the open. I can't imagine what being closeted for 14 years must have been like, especially in a MAN STRONG industry like professional wrestling.

Keep in mind what the rest of his life must've involved too, especially since there was some point at which he had to decide to go INTO wrestling.

FourFifty
02-08-2006, 10:53 PM
I actually wrote a screenplay about a wrestler who comes out, but I just got trumped by the real thing.

Any way you'll show off your screen play? It sounds like a new idea (albeit it just came true) and I'd like to read it if you don't mind.

And good for Kanyon. My only concern is now that he's out how many promoters will want him in their locker room :-\

Lock Jaw
02-08-2006, 10:55 PM
Kanyon is awesome. But now anywhere he goes they're gonna saddle him with an over the top gay gimmick.

Still one has to wonder, will John Cena or Randy Orton be the first to admit it next?

Gone Mad
02-08-2006, 10:57 PM
"Son, have you ever been in a Turkish bath before?"

Dorkchop
02-08-2006, 11:10 PM
Good for Kanyon. I really hope this does not affect his career at all. I hope those crazy yahoo redneck fans don't become a problem.

I've always been a big Kanyon fan, and I still am. I have a lot of respect for Kanyon for coming out in such a macho industry.

On a side note: Kanyon had one of my favorite themes in wrestling in WCW and WWE

Shadow
02-08-2006, 11:20 PM
Now I gotta ask...

WHO BETTA THAN KAYON!? *finger snaps*

Skippord
02-08-2006, 11:22 PM
WHO BETTA THAN KANYON GIRLFRIEND

Xero
02-08-2006, 11:30 PM
WHO BETTA THAN KANYON!?

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/8102/614image062uj.jpg
Mr. Slave: No one thilly!

Kane Knight
02-08-2006, 11:31 PM
"Son, have you ever been in a Turkish bath before?"

AIRPLANE!

Kane Knight
02-08-2006, 11:32 PM
Now I gotta ask...

WHO BETTA THAN KAYON!? *finger snaps*

Wait...Chris Kanyon is Mick Jagger?

Gone Mad
02-08-2006, 11:33 PM
AIRPLANE!

Son, you ever seen a grown man naked?

loopydate
02-08-2006, 11:38 PM
Surely, you can't be serious.

Kane Knight
02-08-2006, 11:39 PM
Son, you ever seen a grown man naked?

Say Jimmy, do you like gladiator movies?

Kane Knight
02-08-2006, 11:39 PM
Surely, you can't be serious.

I am serious...And don't call me Shirley.

Kane Knight
02-08-2006, 11:41 PM
I just wanted to let you know...Good luck, we're all counting on you.

Skippord
02-08-2006, 11:43 PM
Say Jimmy, do you like gladiator movies?
Kanyon does

loopydate
02-08-2006, 11:47 PM
AIRPLANE!

What is it?

Kane Knight
02-09-2006, 12:02 AM
What is it?

It's a big machine designed to transport people, but that's not important.

loopydate
02-09-2006, 12:08 AM
Cut me some slack, Jack!

I have a drinking problem...

[Splashes self in the face.]

The Naitch
02-09-2006, 12:09 AM
well uh, wrestling is very homoerotic anyways. This is no surprise, since wrestlers get all sweaty with other men in their underwear in a fake sport :lol:

Wrestling is so gay. Next step is for Kurt Angle to come out of the closet

The Naitch
02-09-2006, 12:09 AM
And Orton. And Bob Holly

Savio
02-09-2006, 12:16 AM
and put JBL back in the closet

Corkscrewed
02-09-2006, 01:05 AM
He then pronounced himself as the first openly gay professional wrestler in the industry.
So did Pat Patterson come out well after he retired from wrestling, or am I missing something here?

crock69
02-09-2006, 08:21 AM
Geez, didn't Kanyon sing a Culture Club song on Smackdown to Taker. Should've seen it coming!

samichna
02-09-2006, 08:34 AM
who cares

lol @ Mr. Slave though

Kane Knight
02-09-2006, 11:19 AM
well uh, wrestling is very homoerotic anyways. This is no surprise, since wrestlers get all sweaty with other men in their underwear in a fake sport :lol:

And yet, it's still not as gay as football.

TerranRich
02-09-2006, 11:28 AM
Patterson is not openly gay. He's just...gay.

Anybody Thrilla
02-09-2006, 12:37 PM
Good for him, I guess, but bad for him because he has just committed career suicide.

Rob
02-09-2006, 01:08 PM
Good for him, I guess, but bad for him because he has just committed career suicide.

Being that WWE wouldn't want him back (since they don't like guys with talent), he hardly created career suicide.

The big poof.

Someone had to say it.

Nah I knew this like 2 years ago anyway. It was in PowerSlam magazine that a former WWF/WCW tag champ was gay and I was told then it was him.

Nark Order
02-09-2006, 01:19 PM
They fired him because they found him shacking up with Pat Patterson.

Fryza
02-09-2006, 01:19 PM
I still remember Kanyon doing the Diamond Cutter to some guy in the parking lot of a WCW show. And then I remember laughing out loud. And it was good.

alvarado52
02-09-2006, 01:27 PM
Ah Kanyon. I remember when he tagged with 'Wrath'. Oooh, scary. Best of luck to him, i enjoyed his wrestling, but never enjoyed the arguments i had with a friend that Kanyon and Crowbar/Devon Storm were different people.

Kane Knight
02-09-2006, 01:32 PM
Being that WWE wouldn't want him back (since they don't like guys with talent), he hardly created career suicide.

Pretty much. Now if he had SIGNED with WWE, that would be suicide. :shifty:

Anybody Thrilla
02-09-2006, 01:32 PM
Being that WWE wouldn't want him back (since they don't like guys with talent)....

:roll:

He really isn't that fucking good. I promise.

Did you see that match he had with Raven at....shit, some TNA PPV I watched...I forget what it was called. The one that had AJ Styles v. Samoa Joe? Anyway, he sucked ass in that match. He's just bland in the ring.

McLegend
02-09-2006, 01:33 PM
Turning Point

Anybody Thrilla
02-09-2006, 01:34 PM
Yes. Turning Point. That's where he sucked.

Mr. JL
02-09-2006, 05:07 PM
Good for Chris Kanyon.

Funky Fly
02-09-2006, 05:30 PM

Did you see that match he had with Raven at....shit, some TNA PPV I watched...I forget what it was called. The one that had AJ Styles v. Samoa Joe? Anyway, he sucked ass in that match. He's just bland in the ring.
How much WCW did you watch? He's not Chris Benoit in the ring, but he's definitely good. And he always busts out some unusual shits. And I likes me some innovation.

Anybody Thrilla
02-09-2006, 05:31 PM
I only watched the first hour of Nitro, but once Raw came on, there was no turning back. Except for commercials. Even still, that was over 5 years ago. Today is what matters, and today, he sucks. This coming out thing won't help him either.

Skippord
02-09-2006, 05:33 PM
Patterson is not openly gay. He's just...gay.

Closedly gay if you will

Y2Jeremy
02-09-2006, 05:50 PM
The question has finally been answered. We now know why Kanyon's mouth is so weird, no I kid. Kanyon is still the man, and I say more power to him.

Kane Knight
02-09-2006, 05:58 PM
And I likes me some White Women.
I KNEW IT!

PullMyFinger
02-09-2006, 06:56 PM
He's going to hell. That's for sure.

Rob
02-09-2006, 07:28 PM

What are you on about? He is an excellent worker. He wasn't bad in TNA at all especially considering the ring rust. Raven on the other hand...

Kane Knight
02-13-2006, 02:14 PM
CHRIS KANYON COMMENTS ON WHETHER HE OR HIS CHARACTER IS GAY
by Chris Kanyon @ 2:03:00 PM on 2/13/2006

Note from Scherer: I wasn't sure if we should run this or not, since I am not sure what the point of it is, but in the interested of bringing the readers the latest news, here it is.
The following is also available on my website, www.ChrisKanyon.net (http://www.chriskanyon.net/) and on my MySpace Blog at www.myspace.com/ChrisKanyon (http://www.myspace.com/ChrisKanyon) and http://blog.myspace.com/chriskanyon.

CHRIS KANYON IS THE FIRST EVER OPENLY GAY ACTIVE PRO ATHLETE IN THE FIVE MAJOR MALE US SPORTS OF PRO BASEBALL, BASKETBALL, WRESTLING, FOOTBALL OR HOCKEY. Now, the question is this: Am I, Chris Klucsarits, the person behind the pro wrestling character known as Kanyon, the person who wrestles as Kanyon, am I also homosexual? Is the Kanyon character partially autobiographical, a complete mirror image of Chris Klucsarits, or a total work of fiction? Well, that’s for you to think about, wonder, guess, ignore or whatever. I am throwing it out there. It is up to you to see how you react. What your knee-jerk reaction is. What your beliefs are. And, to figure out why you feel and think and react to this news as you have and will do. Pro Wrestling, in my opinion, has become too easy. It has become mindless. I offer you the opportunity to think past good guy, bad guy, heel, face, sport, real, fake and storyline. I offer you a “character” that makes you think not about the “creative team”, or the commissioner, or the owner, promoter, booker or even the wrestler. I offer you a “character” that forces you to look internally, at yourself, at your thoughts, beliefs and feelings. A character that can help you define yourself and how you think and what you believe. I offer you this: The first ever self proclaimed and titled GSBLT (Gay Straight Bisexual Lesbian Transgender) Champion of the World. Is this a joke? A scam? Reality? You decide.:p> :p>
I have been wrestling professionally now for 14 years. Starting in 1992, I wrestled three years part-time and than in 1995, it became my full time profession working for AOL Time Warner’s WCW (World Championship Wrestling) based out of Atlanta, Georgia, airing many, many hours per week on WTBS, TNT, and in syndication. I worked for WCW and was consistently on TV from 1995 until 2001 (including a reign as WCW tag team champ with DDP, Diamond Dallas Page). Than, in 2001, Vince McMahon and the WWF (World Wrestling Federation) bought WCW. Soon after buying WCW, I was hired by Vince McMahon and quickly became US Heavyweight Champion and again, along with DDP, a World Tag Team Champ, as we won the WWF tag team championship. Since then the WWF became the WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) and I was fired from the WWE in February 2004. I have continued to wrestle on and off since than on the independent wrestling scene throughout this country and in Canada. Last Saturday, in Sudbury, Ontario, Canada, I wrestled for an independent group named BSE (Blood Sweat and Ears), where for the first time publicly, I announced that Kanyon was actually the first ever openly gay active Pro wrestler. Other things were said in the in-ring interview, and unless you get a transcript or a video copy of the interview, I would prefer you not try and report what was said, for I do not want anything taken out of context. I have already read a good bit of misinformation on what I said. For more information on that show, please check out www.bloodsweatandears.com (http://www.bloodsweatandears.com/) . For more info on my career and on me, check out my official website at WWW.ChrisKanyon.net (http://www.chriskanyon.net/) and my MySpace page at WWW.Myspace.com/ChrisKanyon (http://www.myspace.com/ChrisKanyon).:p> :p>
Now, some will say that this is no big deal. That there have been other gay characters, from Gorgeous George, to Adrian Adonis, to Adrian Street, to Lenny and Lodi, to the WWE’s “gay marriage duo” of Chuck and Billy. But there are many differences between them and I. I believe all of them, when asked out of character if they were gay or not, would say that they were straight. My answer to that question is, at this moment, what does it matter? Ultimately, you will know the truth, but the question now is less about me and more about you, how you deal with and perceive the question and possible answers. The question is less about my sexuality and more about our society and how homosexuality fits into sports, entertainment and our culture in general. This is so much bigger than me, my sexuality, and pro wrestling. This topic touches on individual beliefs, understandings and Perceptions, as well as religion, psychology and sociology. It is not often that a wrestling “character” can cover and cross that many topics and boundaries. And this is just the beginning.:p> :p>
One other thing I want to touch on. I know there are some guys on the independent wrestling scene who play gay characters and some who I believe also claim to be openly gay and/or bisexual. And I do not want to take anything away from them. After the interview I did in the ring in Sudbury, Ontario and the reaction I got, I realize how hard it is to be “an openly gay wrestling character.” So for all the independent gay characters and those claiming to be openly gay or bisexual, I have nothing but respect for you. But, I feel if you have not made your full time living as a pro wrestler, that if you needed a “real job” or another job to pay your bills and help support yourself, that you are not truly a “Professional” wrestler. I would say you participate in Pro Wrestling as a hobby, and maybe make a few bucks at it, but that you are not really a “Professional Wrestler”.. maybe an amateur Pro Wrestler. If I enter a local bowling tournament and I win the tourney and a few bucks, I am not going to run around telling everyone I am a pro bowler. But, once again, that is for each individual to determine for themselves:p> :p>
So what now? Well, I definitely want my career to continue, either on the independent scene, in the WWE or for the newer company, NWA TNA (Total Nonstop Action), which tapes its Television shows and airs its PPV’s live from Orlando's Universal Studios. A very smart person recently told me that a wise man never makes promises. I was told to beware of those who do make promises. With that in mind, my promise is this: I promise nothing. But ultimately, and probably more sooner than later, I will tell the truth about the sexuality of me, Chris Klucsarits, the man behind the Kanyon character. I am hoping to do so within the next month, but again, I cant make any promises, and I am determined now to just go with the flow, like a twig in the current of a mighty river. See what life brings me and enjoy the ride. :p> :p>
Thanks for your time and consideration,:p> :p>
Chris "Kanyon" Klucsarits
http://pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=16286&p=1

Anybody Thrilla
02-13-2006, 03:55 PM
What are you on about? He is an excellent worker. He wasn't bad in TNA at all especially considering the ring rust. Raven on the other hand...

They both are pretty unimpressive.

Cool King
02-13-2006, 03:59 PM
Kanyon is on his MySpace account right now.

alvarado52
02-13-2006, 04:48 PM
quickly! Does his myspace say gay, straight, or not sure? That'll tell us once and for all!

Cooler Tom Schuler
02-13-2006, 04:59 PM
Seriously, though, does this not look phallic to you?

http://www.chriskanyon.homestead.com/indexchrisa.jpg

Blitz
02-13-2006, 05:00 PM
And it's purple.

That's a gay colour.

Johnny Vegas
02-13-2006, 06:38 PM
BrokeBack Mania

What Would Kevin Do?
03-07-2006, 05:03 AM
Aite. If anyone has followed this, there was this big thing over whether Chris Klucsarits, the man who "portrays" Kanyon, was gay, or straight. After a month of buildup, Chris Klucsarits admitted at a show Sunday night that he is infact gay.

So there ya go.

weather vane
03-07-2006, 05:28 AM
I don't see why the hell it matters if Kanyon is gay. He is a tremendous wrestler and whether he is gay or not doesn't matter.

What Would Kevin Do?
03-07-2006, 05:58 AM
I don't see why the hell it matters if Kanyon is gay. He is a tremendous wrestler and whether he is gay or not doesn't matter.

It doesn't. The whole thing stemmed from Chris (the wrestler) saying Chris Kanyon (the character) was the first openly gay professional athlete in the major American sports... Or something like that. A lot of reporters got on his case though when they caught wind that he was talking about his character, and not himself. Like he said in his blog, the original coming out was to get attention, hopefully to be resigned to WWE, or to TNA.

Dorkchop
03-07-2006, 09:29 PM
From his My Space:

CHRIS KLUCSARITS, PERSON WHO PLAYS THE WRESTLING CHARACTER KANYON COMES OUT OF THE CLOSET LEGIT

Chris Klucsarits, the person who has portrayed the Wrestling character of Chris "Kanyon" since 1992 has come out of the closet. I revealed myself to be legitimately openly gay this past Sunday in Orlando Florida at the Universal City Walk Hard Rock Live venue, at a national Pay Per View taping after a match with former WCW World Heavyweight Champion, DDP, Diamond Dallas Page, which I believe will air nationally on PPV in April. Once the date is known for sure, I will post it. WCW was an AOL Time Warner/Ted Turner owned wrestling group named World Championship Wrestling, which aired on TBS and TNT and was ultimately bought by the WWE's Vince McMahon in 2001.

The match went very well, and, the announcement was handled with a tremendous amount of class and respect by both DDP and by the fans in attendance. It was a very emotional night for me, and I am glad I was given the opportunity to do this and I definitely have no regrets at all about anything I have done or said in the past month concerning this topic.

The main reason for the month long ambiguity between the sexuality of the character, Kanyon, and the sexuality of me, Chris Klucsarits, the person portraying the character is as follows: I initially made the announcement of Kanyon, the character, being gay to get the buzz started and to try and get some anticipation built up. I was hoping to sign with Vince McMahon's WWE or Spike TV/ Jeff Jarrett/Panda energy's NWA TNA wrestling group before making the official announcement that I, Chris Klucsarits, the person playing the wrestling character Kanyon, was gay, so that I could possibly get more attention/publicity for the company I was working for, and on the flip-side, that the announcement itself would get more publicity/attention by doing it thru one of the 2 promotions. And, if I did not get signed to a contract by the 3-5-06 PPV taping, than it was always my plan, from the beginning, to make the announcement at that taping. Now some people felt that I was making a mockery of the serious issue that I was dealing with or that I created a circus-like atmosphere or that I was deciding all along if I was going to really do this or not. None of that was ever my intention or my plan. I was hoping to sign with one of the companies prior to the announcement to maximize the impact of the announcement, but either way, I was going to come out.

However, like they say, timing is everything. I did speak with both the representatives of the WWE and of TNA prior to 3-5-06 about potentially signing a contract. Unfortunately, with the WWE's biggest show of the year, their WrestleMania 22 PPV, coming up on April 2 and all the storylines already set and planned for that show, they told me that the timing just was not right for the WWE to introduce such a potentially controversial character or to sign such a potentially controversial wrestler at this time. When I talked with TNA, there seemed to be definite interest, although since then I have heard that Universal Studios and/or Spike TV may have had a problem with the nature of what we would be attempting to do. So, 3-5-06 came, I had no contract with the WWE or TNA, so I decided to officially make the announcement that I, Chris Klucsarits, the person who has been playing the wrestling character of Chris "Kanyon" since 1992, was in fact a legitimate homosexual. In doing so, to make things finally less confusing, the entire sexual history, sexuality and sexual preference as well as the wrestling career and wrestling history of Chris Kanyon and that of Chris Klucsarits are now identical, they are the same. From this point on, anytime I refer to myself here I will be referring to both Chris Kanyon and Chris Klucsarits, unless I otherwise note it.

If I confused anyone or upset them or offended them, please know and understand that that was never my intention. I want to continue to raise awareness and thus spark discussion and interest, as I feel I have done the past month, in issues of homosexuality, celebrity fame vs. privacy, journalistic integrity and reporting vs. knee jerk reaction and opinions as well as political, sociological and psychological issues that come along with all these topics and issues. If possible, I want an opportunity to help and to educate kids as well as adults on some aspects of all of this and to discuss with them all these issues and topics and perhaps be a role model or an inspiration to young, closeted or confused kids or adults who are able to find very few, if any, masculine athletic homosexuals in the mainstream public eye. If I can help anyone who is struggling or dealing with these topics and issues or with any of the topics, issues, problems and dilemmas that I dealt with up until now, I want to be able to do that in as many ways as possible. The journey this past month has been intriguing, entertaining and interesting as well as emotionally and physically draining. But it is far from over. And now, I look forward with anticipation to the fact that this journey will continue..

PS I will be on 104.1 FM in Orlando Florida tonight, 3-7-06 at 8 pm. Tune in if you get a chance.

Cooler Tom Schuler
03-08-2006, 07:38 AM
I would have been rather suprised if he went and said it was just the character.

Cooler Tom Schuler
03-08-2006, 07:40 AM
And now I have to change my avatar so it doesn't look like I'm just trying to be all topical.

Kane Knight
03-08-2006, 09:59 AM

Rednecks don't want to rassle with no homos.

Seriously, there are very few actual reasons for why this is news. I'm betting Kanyon (Not gonna try and spell his real last name, fuck him) is hoping for the controversy

Jonster
03-08-2006, 12:24 PM
:p> :p>