PDA

View Full Version : Bill Goldberg's Possible Interest In TNA

BobBitchen
02-08-2006, 10:29 PM
I listened to it earlier and marked out.

Bill Goldberg was on Bubba the Love Sponge's Sirius radio show earlier today. Goldberg said that if TNA and Spike TV wanted to invest money and effort in going against WWE, he would be interested in talking with them. Goldberg also said that he's recently had conversations with Sting about TNA.

Goldberg also said that WWE "blew it" in regards to his Wrestlemania 20 match with Brock Lesnar. Goldberg also praised Hulk Hogan for helping him get the agent he is using now.

Kane Knight
02-08-2006, 10:36 PM
Could they even afford him?

loopydate
02-08-2006, 10:38 PM
If they cut 3/4 of their roster, maybe.

And only if they only wanted to use him once.

McLegend
02-08-2006, 11:05 PM
Gotta to be honest the mark in me wants to see a Joe/Goldberg.

Dorkchop
02-08-2006, 11:17 PM
I'm all Meh about this. One one hand, it would be great for TNA to have another legitimate star. On the other hand Goldberg is a whiney baby and wants too much money to not put his heart into it and get the top spot while other guys who are putting everything they have into it and not come even close to Goldberg's level.

I know Goldberg and Sting are pretty close friends, so Sting joining probably had a hand in Goldberg's interest.

dablackguy
02-08-2006, 11:27 PM
Could they even afford him?

FourFifty
02-09-2006, 12:18 AM
One more reason for me not to watch TNA

D Mac
02-09-2006, 01:12 AM
Could they even job to him?

Joey Slugs
02-09-2006, 01:17 AM

:y:

Sting Fan
02-09-2006, 02:21 AM
If he is willing to take a pay hit and get down on what TNA is willing to pay him maybe in exchange for a tiny (and in no way controlling) stake in TNA he could be a real asset to them.

The key would be though too have a LOT of indy jobbers infor one time shots and make him the monster WWE never wanted him to be. Shit Joe vs. Goldberg stiffing hell out of eachother could be great.

Funky Fly
02-09-2006, 04:46 AM
This is fucking terrible news.

Bad Company
02-09-2006, 06:19 AM
goldberg is a franchise, and he could do nothing but good for TNA.

Dave Youell
02-09-2006, 06:19 AM
If you look at how many shows per month he'd have to do (like 3 a month) in theory his pay could and should be similar to Stings IMO

JH
02-09-2006, 07:41 AM
i hope it happens cause i've always been a fan of Goldberg and he did help WCW draw some pretty good rartings and good buyrates

What Would Kevin Do?
02-09-2006, 09:15 AM
Never liked him. I'm sure the smart TNA crowds will love him....

And I don't see how WWE blew the mania match.

JH
02-09-2006, 09:21 AM
i would love that but i've gotta admit
JOE WOULD KILL HIM

Kane Knight
02-09-2006, 09:52 AM

That's pritty myopic

Chuck Jones
02-09-2006, 10:01 AM
well, if TNA really did waste $20 million, they could've signed Goldberg, Rock, Austin and Jericho 3 timers over.

Pepsi Man
02-09-2006, 10:44 AM
I don't see how WWE blew Goldberg's Mania 20 match. I saw two people blow that match, and both of them were in the ring.

Unleash-Hell
02-09-2006, 10:54 AM
well i suppose another superstar for tna would be cool

but i still think it is horrible news

TerranRich
02-09-2006, 11:18 AM
i would love that but i've gotta admit
JOE WOULD KILL HIM
I really don't see the big fucking deal with Samoa Joe. THe few times I've bothered to watch TNA, I didn't see anything spectacular about him. Why is he so great and why would he go over Goldberg?

Kane Knight
02-09-2006, 11:22 AM
I don't see how WWE blew Goldberg's Mania 20 match. I saw two people blow that match, and both of them were in the ring.

People always want to blame Goldberg.

Kane Knight
02-09-2006, 11:27 AM
I really don't see the big fucking deal with Samoa Joe. THe few times I've bothered to watch TNA, I didn't see anything spectacular about him. Why is he so great and why would he go over Goldberg?

You have no reason to believe he's anything other than a boring piece of trash.

TNA has not used him to his potential, or even like 25% of it. I've seen some of his matches outside of TNA, and he can be massively entertaining. However, it doesn't much matter, as the fanboys who worship him are behind him for shit he just doesn't do in TNA.

Pepsi Man
02-09-2006, 11:34 AM
People always want to blame Goldberg.
Well, maybe there's a reason for it?

TerranRich
02-09-2006, 12:28 PM
You have no reason to believe he's anything other than a boring piece of trash.

TNA has not used him to his potential, or even like 25% of it. I've seen some of his matches outside of TNA, and he can be massively entertaining. However, it doesn't much matter, as the fanboys who worship him are behind him for shit he just doesn't do in TNA.
That explains that then. :)

Kane Knight
02-09-2006, 12:45 PM
That explains that then. :)

Pretty much.

People will always continue to worship wrestlers that were successful in the indies or the like, even though they are reduced to 4 moves, lose all the things that made them fan favorites, and become another boring part of mainstream programming. It's like they're too stupid to see that the guy is now horribly boring, and cling to some notion that the old wrestler is still in there.

6to1
02-09-2006, 12:59 PM
yea with only 2 or 3 matches a month goldberg would do it, he would do it just to be on tv, since there is a slim chance of him going to wwe thats about his only choice.

JH
02-09-2006, 01:22 PM
the thing about Samoa Joe with me is I never saw him before TNA though i had heard of him...I thought he was impressive in his debut but i did'nt become a big fan until the 3 way with Styles & Daniels which is still my pick as match of the year from last year
I thought his match with Liger was solid and his singles match with Styles where he won the X Title was incredible and i cant wait til Sunday for the 3 way rematch

Mr. JL
02-09-2006, 05:15 PM
I'm not too certain how to use Goldberg in TNA but I bet Jeff Jarrett is already setting the stones in place to job Goldberg out to himself and then have Goldberg become his lacky follower.

Savio
02-09-2006, 05:42 PM
TNa would be great with out jarret. He's like a midcard triple H, except for some reason he has the title

Pepsi Man
02-09-2006, 05:48 PM
I'm not too certain how to use Goldberg in TNA but I bet Jeff Jarrett is already setting the stones in place to job Goldberg out to himself and then have Goldberg become his lacky follower.
Actually, THAT I'd pay to see.:D

Y3J
02-09-2006, 06:06 PM
I nearly cried when I read this, this is terrible news. Firstly, TNA couldn't afford his lazy ass. Secondly, he most likely would want an immediate title match, so who would job? Thirdly, are there even any Goldberg fans out there :shifty:

Kane Knight
02-09-2006, 06:25 PM
I nearly cried when I read this, this is terrible news. Firstly, TNA couldn't afford his lazy ass. Secondly, he most likely would want an immediate title match, so who would job? Thirdly, are there even any Goldberg fans out there :shifty:

Fourth, they don't have enough worthless jobbers to push Goldberg.

loopydate
02-09-2006, 07:01 PM
There's only so many times one man can pin Kenny King, Buck Quartermain, and Lex Lovett.

Xero
02-09-2006, 07:05 PM
TNA Writer 1: Streak?
TNA Writer 2: Streak.
Writer 3: Streak.
Writer 4: Streak.
Christian: Job.
Writers: SHUT UP JAY!

Kane Knight
02-09-2006, 07:16 PM
Goldberg: WHO'S NEXT?
Writer: Well, we can't give you Sting, he says Jesus doesn't want him to job. We can't give you Jarrett, 'nuff said. We can't give you AJ Styles or Jeff Hardy, those psychos in the Impact Zone will rip us into little tiny pieces. We can't give you Christian, for fear that he'll go back to WWE. We can't give you Monty Brown, because both our shittiest wrestlers will be in the ring with no-one to carry them. We're down to Rhyno, Abyss, and Sabu, and you've squashed them all this week. I wonder what happened to Amazing Red....

The CyNick
02-09-2006, 07:23 PM
It would cool if they kept Samoa Joe undefeated and then had him beat Goldberg before going after the Heavyweight title.

McLegend
02-09-2006, 07:33 PM
There's only so many times one man can pin Kenny King, Buck Quartermain, and Lex Lovett.
Sharboy however can be beaten numorus times, and it never gets old.

mrslackalack
02-09-2006, 10:14 PM
West: Oh man!!!!!!!!!!! Goldberg signing with TNA is the nail in the coffin for us being the number one promotion today!

loopydate
02-09-2006, 11:14 PM
Sharboy however can be beaten numorus times, and it never gets old.

'Cause Lex Lovett, Buck Quartermain, and Kenny King don't bite people's bottoms. :lol: :lol:

Me
02-10-2006, 12:30 AM
This might be the worst news I've got all day.

Skippord
02-10-2006, 01:04 AM
Goldberg: WHO'S NEXT?
Writer: Well, we can't give you Sting, he says Jesus doesn't want him to job. We can't give you Jarrett, 'nuff said. We can't give you AJ Styles or Jeff Hardy, those psychos in the Impact Zone will rip us into little tiny pieces. We can't give you Christian, for fear that he'll go back to WWE. We can't give you Monty Brown, because both our shittiest wrestlers will be in the ring with no-one to carry them. We're down to Rhyno, Abyss, and Sabu, and you've squashed them all this week. I wonder what happened to Amazing Red....

It'd be Chris Sabin they make him job to the main eventers all the time :'(

D Mac
02-10-2006, 03:57 AM
I love Dubya C Dubya and all, but I hope this means they won't be trying to turn TNA into it.

Kane Knight
02-10-2006, 02:05 PM

Things that might hurt TNA:

Cost: TNA technically has a bottomless pit of funding, but in reality, they've been pretty limited in their budget. Unless the parent company really wants to start pumping more funding into TNA, paying for even a limited Goldberg rpesence could severely damage them.

Roster: TNA's roster is limited, and you know Goldberg will want to be big. TNA doesn't have the roster or artillery to support him. Fueds with top stars will be damaging longterm, unless Goldberg's actually willing to put some people over.

Venue: TNA's not particularly situated to make money off of higher attendences. Buyrates'll go up, cable ratings will go up, but it's unlikely to majorly affect income, once you factor in the increased cost of actually paying for him. He might be a good move if they were actively touring, but since they can't afford to, and they'd risk losing a lot of performers if they did start touring, this could negatively affect them.

So yes, BC, it IS myopic to say he could do nothing but good for them.

The Heat
02-10-2006, 05:25 PM
TNA definetely needs a Goldberg type name to help establish itself as competitiion for Vinnie Mac & Crew @ WWE. They haven't really done anything "major" since the death of WCW.

But, back to the topic @ hand: Goldberg. Anyone who says he wouldn't be a plus for TNA is ignorant. Goldberg is a household name who drew decent money during a time of no-solid drawing during WCW's demise. Goldberg has a definite fan-base behind him. It's funny. Nobody hated on Goldberg on the 'net back during his streak days leading up to his win for the WCW title vs. Hogan. During those days, "net" fans praised him and ate him up. Nowadays, you've got the "bandwagon haters" who don't like him because it's the popular concensus among their peers of internet wrestling fans[which is the same reason Cena catches it].

Bottom line, if Goldberg came in and was pushed as he was in WCW, he could be a major name to help TNA compete with WWE.

*On a side note: Was watching Wrestlemania XX yesterday[as I do with alot of older wrestling PPVs when nothing's on TV] and I noticed that BOTH Lesnar & Goldberg looked lost. Therefore, sole blame can't be dumped onto Billy boy. Does that mean I think he's a "great" wrestler? No. I think he's a decent worker that doesn't get credit for his wrestling accomplishments. Although I hate him still for ending Bret Hart's wrestling career :nono:

Kane Knight
02-10-2006, 05:47 PM
They can't build him like they did in WCW. They don't have a big enough roster.

The Heat
02-10-2006, 06:06 PM
Agreed. TNA needs to bring other big names in order to make a Goldberg run work. The only negative aspect of Goldberg in TNA is the injury factor. It would suck to see a Chris Sabin or Chris Daniels get permanetely injured because Goldberg screwed up.......again.

*Side note: I wonder if Goldberg & Bret Hart are brought in @ the same time, will Bret have any negativity issues with Bill? Just a thought ;)

Kane Knight
02-10-2006, 07:16 PM
TNA need a ton of jobbers too. I mean, more than they already have in the X-Division (5 or 6 distinct guys, and a bunch of generics). Most of Bill's squash matches were against little people.

BTW, yes, WMXX wasn't just Goldberg's fault. IT was Snitsky's...But seriously, Lesnar shares the blame. Big time.

PullMyFinger
02-10-2006, 08:10 PM
TNA needs Meng! Then and only then will they be competition!

D Mac
02-14-2006, 05:45 AM
TNA needs Meng! Then and only then will they be competition!

Or THE BARBARIAN!!!

What Would Kevin Do?
02-14-2006, 06:19 AM
Of the Berserker.

HUSS!!!! HUSS!!!! HUSS!!!!!

JJ Moore
02-14-2006, 09:21 AM
BRING IN DAKE KEN!

What Would Kevin Do?
02-14-2006, 09:35 AM
Bring in AKI Man?

The Fugitive
02-14-2006, 09:44 AM
What about Han Zo Man?

Jordan
02-14-2006, 02:27 PM
Goldberg in TNA would be amazing... He is the biggest name they could possibly get... I mean really The Rock just wouldn't work in TNA, and Austin isn't capable of competing on a regular basis... Goldberg is a huge name, a huge draw, and he puts on good matches with skilled opponents. I would want it to be when TNA gets two hours of TV time though. I would love to see Abyss take the belt off of Cage in several months and then have an unstoppable title reign with feuds like - Abyss/Christian Cage, Abyss/Sting, Abyss/Monty Brown, Abyss/Joe, maybe another Abyss/Syles feud would be good. Then have Goldberg come in and start a smaller program against say Rhino, Brown, or Jarret (eck), and then feud with Abyss... that would really be a good match.

Jordan
02-14-2006, 02:27 PM
Goldberg in TNA would be amazing... He is the biggest name they could possibly get... I mean really The Rock just wouldn't work in TNA, and Austin isn't capable of competing on a regular basis... Goldberg is a huge name, a huge draw, and he puts on good matches with skilled opponents. I would want it to be when TNA gets two hours of TV time though. I would love to see Abyss take the belt off of Cage in several months and then have an unstoppable title reign with feuds like - Abyss/Christian Cage, Abyss/Sting, Abyss/Monty Brown, Abyss/Joe, maybe another Abyss/Syles feud would be good. Then have Goldberg come in and start a smaller program against say Rhino, Brown, or Jarret (eck), and then feud with Abyss... that would really be a good match.

Kalyx triaD
02-14-2006, 06:25 PM
Pretty much.

People will always continue to worship wrestlers that were successful in the indies or the like, even though they are reduced to 4 moves, lose all the things that made them fan favorites, and become another boring part of mainstream programming. It's like they're too stupid to see that the guy is now horribly boring, and cling to some notion that the old wrestler is still in there.

http://www.thewrestlingcrypt.com/rvd2.jpg

I still like him, but arrogance is gone.

D Mac
03-17-2006, 01:56 AM
http://www.tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?t=43205

WrestleMag:: Have TNA approached you in the past about coming in in some capacity to work with them?

Goldberg:: Yes, TNA has approached me on many different levels about working for them. And like I said, “Never say never"!

Kane Knight
03-17-2006, 09:44 AM
Never say BUH!