PDA

View Full Version : Sting with red facepaint

retardo
02-09-2006, 09:19 AM
1. When did Sting turn heel and start wearing the red facepaint? When did he return to Crow Sting after that?

2. In the WWE, has Ken Shamrock ever been pinned cleanly? When I looked at his profile at OWW, http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/profiles/k/ken-shamrock.html, I see no records of him being pinned cleanly.

Dave Youell
02-09-2006, 10:00 AM
By waering the red, he didn't turn. As the red and black (wolfpac) were a face faction at the time.

I think he went back to crow sting after he left the wlfpac or nwo re joined, or something, I dunno, i thought WCW was shite anyway

And I'm sure Shamrock must have been pinned cleanly at some point

Chico
02-09-2006, 11:27 AM
Sting started wearing red facepaint after joining the Wolfpac in June 1998, and did so for the next 4 months (except for one match where he wore the white facepaint again).
After his match with Bret Hart at Halloween Havoc 1998, he took about 5 months off and returned as Crow Sting.

Disturbed316
02-09-2006, 11:33 AM
Sting was asked to join nWo Hollywood and nWo Wolfpac. Sting came down in a big hollywood/wolfpac brawl wearing the black and white facepaint and nWo shirt. SWERVE, Sting clotheslines Hogan, slams the Giant and tears off the nWo Hollywood shirt to reveal the red and black of the wolfpac, cue mark out moment.

So the next week Sting comes out with the red and black facepaint to go with his wolfpac alliance. He never turned heel during this time, as the Wolfpac were the good nWo, whilst nWo Hollywood were the heels.

It wasn't untill late 99 (I think) when Sting turned heel, which sucked and they turned him face again soon after.

Dorkchop
02-09-2006, 12:50 PM
The Summer of 1998 with the Wolfpac was probably my all time favorite time period for wrestling. I don't know, I was just always super excited. I completely went nuts when Sting joined the Wolfpac. I loved his Wolfpac attire.

Who remembers how many freaking people in the audience during that time wore Wolfpac t-shirts. That was nuts.

mrslackalack
02-09-2006, 01:35 PM
Sting started wearing red facepaint after joining the Wolfpac in June 1998, and did so for the next 4 months (except for one match where he wore the white facepaint again).
After his match with Bret Hart at Halloween Havoc 1998, he took about 5 months off and returned as Crow Sting.

:y:

Volchok
02-09-2006, 03:11 PM
I miss Shamrock, he needs to come back and jump start the IC divison.

Funky Fly
02-09-2006, 05:56 PM
The Summer of 1998 with the Wolfpac was probably my all time favorite time period for wrestling. I don't know, I was just always super excited. I completely went nuts when Sting joined the Wolfpac. I loved his Wolfpac attire.

Who remembers how many freaking people in the audience during that time wore Wolfpac t-shirts. That was nuts.
Yeah, I was in Las Vegas that summer on vacation and everytime I wore my Wolfpac shirt, I would get the Wolfpac hand sign from like 5764378973456879 strangers. It was crazy. It was pretty funny because my parents had no clue what was going on.

The Naitch
02-09-2006, 06:02 PM
they probably thought you were in a gang and you were their leader

Dorkchop
02-10-2006, 11:41 AM
Yeah, I was in Las Vegas that summer on vacation and everytime I wore my Wolfpac shirt, I would get the Wolfpac hand sign from like 5764378973456879 strangers. It was crazy. It was pretty funny because my parents had no clue what was going on.

I had people tell me they liked my Wolfpac shirt a lot that summer. God damnit that was sweet.

Stickman
02-10-2006, 12:46 PM
Am I the only one who thinks NWO red and black was stupid? I mean, if you don't want to be NWO bad guys, be a WCW guy.

Joey Slugs
02-10-2006, 01:06 PM
The Wolfpac was cool and all, but I stuck to my Black & White shirt through all of it.

Joey Slugs
02-10-2006, 01:10 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DVqIeL2IUAw"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DVqIeL2IUAw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>