PDA

View Full Version : ROH in Detroit (Dragon Gate Vs ROH II)

What Would Kevin Do?
02-12-2006, 12:43 AM
It's about an hour away in Detroit. 20 bucks a ticket plus TM charges. Only one match announced so far, but it's Samoa Joe Vs Chris Daniels... ALso, this is posted on the ROH message board, which is really making me want to go.

Ring Of Honor and Dragon Gate are very pleased to announce that six of Dragon Gate's top stars will head to ROH for events on 3/30 in Detroit, 3/31 in Chicago and 4/1 in Chicago. Tickets for all three shows are now on sale at ROHwrestling.com, by calling 215-781-2500 and at Ticketmaster outlets.

Dragon Gate features state-of-the-art, fast-paced, high-flying wrestling. ROH fans got a small taste of what Dragon Gate has to offer on the 8/27 "Dragon Gate Invasion" show when CIMA faced AJ Styles and Shingo Takagi battled Curry Man.

CIMA will return to ROH for the big triple shot as he will lead his Blood Generation group. The Blood Generation faction will also be represented by Naruki Doi and Masato Yoshino.

Dragon Gate's other top faction, Do Fixer, will also be represented in Detroit and Chicago. ROH fans will get the opportunity to see Dragon Kid, Genki Horiguchi & Ryo Saito in action!!!

The addition of these six athletes will give the ROH shows an influx of fresh talent that is ready to steal the show. We will announce the matches featuring the Dragon Gate wrestlers next week in the ROHwrestling.com Newswire.

CIMA!!!!!!!!!

blake639raw
02-12-2006, 12:44 AM
I'd go to see that. :y:

Nowhere Man
02-12-2006, 12:45 AM
I think RoH is pretty overrated, but hey, Joe/Daniels is always a pretty sweet match. I'd go for it.

redoneja
02-12-2006, 12:50 AM
If you don't go I am going to hunt you down and kill you.

What Would Kevin Do?
02-12-2006, 12:52 AM
If you don't go I am going to hunt you down and kill you.

LOL

I'm probably going to go. Just trying to figure out my money situation. ( I have to pay $650 to my school at the end of Feb and march respectivly for a trip to Japan)

Blitz
02-12-2006, 01:35 AM
I'm prolly gonna try to get to that show.

Funky Fly
02-12-2006, 02:53 AM
Oh shit, I'm an hour and a half away from Detroit. Might go check that shit out.

Amazingly, I've never been in Detroit proper for more than 15 minutes. I've only been to the airport.

thecc
02-12-2006, 11:03 AM
2nd row
https://www.rohwrestling.com/shoponline.asp?point=moreinfo&catid=163&id=1228

3rd row
https://www.rohwrestling.com/shoponline.asp?point=moreinfo&catid=163&id=1229

G.A
https://www.rohwrestling.com/shoponline.asp?point=moreinfo&catid=163&id=1230

Much cheaper than getting them from ticketmaster.

blake639raw
02-12-2006, 12:12 PM
Yeah, they also have a contest going on right now where if you go to any live shows, you are entered into a contest to win Mania tickets. You should definately go anyway though, it will no doubt be a good show.

What Would Kevin Do?
02-12-2006, 02:12 PM
Just bought second row tickets baaaaby!

What Would Kevin Do?
02-12-2006, 03:19 PM
So come on, who else is going? Buy your tickets bitches.

Innovator
02-12-2006, 03:39 PM
If Detroit wasn't 12 hours from where I am right now, I'd go

I'll wait until they come back to the East Coast

What Would Kevin Do?
02-15-2006, 12:47 AM
Rohwrestling posted another match for the card.

Generation Next vs. Blood Generation
Austin Aries, Roderick Strong, & Jack Evans vs. CIMA, Naruki Doi, & Masato Yoshino

ALso, the ten dollar general admission sale is extended to Thursday at ROhwrestling.com

GO TO THIS SHOW!

Blitz
02-15-2006, 01:12 AM
I want to go, but I won't know if I can till week of the show.

What Would Kevin Do?
02-15-2006, 01:14 AM
Bah, you can go. It's ten bucks general admission. Plus, people love to pick up hitchhikers.

Fignuts
02-15-2006, 01:17 AM
Fuck you detroit! Only two dragon gate stars appeared in Buffalo.

Seriously though, CIMA v.s. A.J Styles was one of the best junior heavyweight matches I've ever seen.

Probably good that I don't go, as I am a HUGE Dragon Gate fan, and seeing that many stars at once, would overload my system, and cause a seizure.

Also, I would bet money that Christopher Daniels' flight gets delayed, and a certain friend of his, who is fond of spicy food dishes will show up. That's what happened the last time DG was in town, anyway.

That card is fucking stacked thought man. Christ.

What Would Kevin Do?
02-15-2006, 01:44 AM
Fuck you detroit! Only two dragon gate stars appeared in Buffalo.

Seriously though, CIMA v.s. A.J Styles was one of the best junior heavyweight matches I've ever seen.

Probably good that I don't go, as I am a HUGE Dragon Gate fan, and seeing that many stars at once, would overload my system, and cause a seizure.

Also, I would bet money that Christopher Daniels' flight gets delayed, and a certain friend of his, who is fond of spicy food dishes will show up. That's what happened the last time DG was in town, anyway.

That card is fucking stacked thought man. Christ.

I would mark the fuck out beyond all belief is said spicy friend were to show up.

Also, I doubt it would happen, but I'd really like to see a Ryo Saito Vs Brian Danielson match.

Fignuts
02-15-2006, 01:51 AM
Nah, you'll get Dofixer in six-man tag action, which is also hot. Dragon kid's arsenal is amazing . Still pissed that the Bermuda Triangle is not in Fire Pro. If he does it, take a pic and post it. Or I will find you and probably yell something from outside your house. Then I would get something to eat at burger king or something.

On a side note, CIMA is awesome. In the aj match, Styles went for that backflip/reverse ddt thing. AJ fell down without CIMA. For a second I was
Like wtf did he screw up? But then CIMA looks at his hand which is firmly grasping the second rope, and makes this hilarious facial expression.

goods.

What Would Kevin Do?
02-15-2006, 01:59 AM
Nah, you'll get Dofixer in six-man tag action, which is also hot. Dragon kid's arsenal is amazing . Still pissed that the Bermuda Triangle is not in Fire Pro. If he does it, take a pic and post it. Or I will find you and probably yell something from outside your house. Then I would get something to eat at burger king or something.

On a side note, CIMA is awesome. In the aj match, Styles went for that backflip/reverse ddt thing. AJ fell down without CIMA. For a second I was
Like wtf did he screw up? But then CIMA looks at his hand which is firmly grasping the second rope, and makes this hilarious facial expression.

goods.

I figured they'd do a six man match w/ Dofixer, but at the same time I was wondering if they'd do 2 six man's in one night. Dragon Kid really shines in tag matches though, so that's pretty much a given for him. As for the Bermuda Triangle, I'll see what I can do. I don't have the best luck taking pictures though.

What Would Kevin Do?
02-15-2006, 02:00 AM
Oh, and I did love the grabbing the top rope spot. Cima has those little nuiances down.

Xero
02-15-2006, 09:04 AM
I was actually thinking about going to the ROH anniversery show in Edison NJ (I live like 5-10 minutes away) but I decided aganst it. The next one I'll definitely be getting tickets to if possible, though.

I think there's one coming up with CHRISTIAN FUCKING CAGE around here. Maybe I'll go to that one. :cool: (Wait, that's not ROH, nevermind. :shifty: )

Sephiroth
02-15-2006, 09:13 AM
Been to one of their shows awhile back,it was a pretty good show.

Most ROH shows are good imo, think you should definitely go see this one, because it's looking good, enjoy man :y:

What Would Kevin Do?
02-20-2006, 06:37 AM
FUCK ME!

New match added

February 20th: We have another huge match involving Dragon Gate wrestlers to announce. The theme of 3/30 in Detroit will be ROH vs. Dragon Gate so we have signed another huge interpromotional match. It will be AJ Styles & Matt Sydal vs. Dragon Kid & Genki Horiguchi. Great seats still remain for the huge return to Detroit.

-------

So we already have:

Samoa Joe Vs Christopher Daniels
AJ Styles and Matt Sydal Vs Genki Horiguchi and Dragon Kid
Blood Generation Vs Generation Next 6 man..

Also, if my prayers are answered, this leaves open the possibility of Ryo Saito vs American Dragon :)

What Would Kevin Do?
03-28-2006, 04:42 AM
So yeah, this is Thursday. Any TPDubya's besides me going? I mean, come on.

Grudge Match
Samoa Joe vs. Christopher Daniels with Allison Danger

Challenge Series Match #1
Generation Next of Austin Aries, Roderick Strong & Jack Evans
vs.
Blood Generation of CIMA, Naruki Doi, & Masato Yoshino

Challenge Series Match #2
AJ Styles & Matt Sydal vs. Dragon Kid & Genki Horiguchi

Challenge Series Match #3
Jimmy Yang vs. Ryo Saito

Pins Count Anywhere Match
Colt Cabana vs. Homicide with Julius Smokes

Tag Team Attraction
ROH World Champion Bryan Danielson & Delirious vs. Alex Shelley & Jimmy Rave with Prince Nana

Grudge Match
BJ Whitmer vs. Jimmy Jacobs with Lacey

Preshow match with the women of SHIMMER!!!

Plus more with Claudio Castagnoli, Ricky Reyes, Chad Collyer and others!!!

Blitz
03-28-2006, 05:15 AM
I am going. Looking forward to it.

What Would Kevin Do?
03-28-2006, 05:33 AM
Good man. Good man indeed.

Blitz
03-28-2006, 05:36 AM
Gen Next vs. Blood Generation is gonna be the goods (well, the whole show'll be the goods, but this is the math I'm most looking forward to).

What Would Kevin Do?
03-28-2006, 05:45 AM
Yeah, I'm a big CIMA/Blood Generation fan.

The Styles/Sydal Vs Genki/ Dragonkid match should be pretty damn good too.

Yang Vs Saito could be hit or miss. Nevertheless, locomotion fisherman suplexes own... As does that wierd fisherman suplex spine buster thing he does.

Mr. Monday Morning
03-28-2006, 04:21 PM
You are an extremely extremely lucky bastard and I hate your lucky bastard guts.

However I just found out they're touring here in August so I'm all good now :cool:

redoneja
03-28-2006, 05:50 PM
I envy you.

What Would Kevin Do?
03-31-2006, 01:12 AM
I'll probably stick some more detailed stuff in here later, but for now..

HOLY SHIT!

Jimmy Jacobs almost freaking died after a botched top rope powerbomb, Dragon Gate stole the show, and Chris Daniels got his first singles victory over Samoa Joe after hitting Angel's wings, followed by 3 BME in a row.

ROH!!

ROH IS COMING BACK TO DETROIT IN JUNE!!

WITH KENTA MOTHER FUCKERS!!

KENTA!!!

I already have tickets.

Blitz
03-31-2006, 01:16 AM
I was a bit underwhelmed, tbh. Not that it was a bad show, I was just expecting more. Oh, and I officially hate ROH marks.

My God, tho, that powerbomb was seriously the scariest thing I've ever seen at a wrestling show. I was thinking broken neck, at the least for Jimmy. But he seemed fine.

Blitz
03-31-2006, 01:17 AM
I will definitely get back for the KENTA show, tho.

What Would Kevin Do?
03-31-2006, 01:45 AM
I was a bit underwhelmed, tbh. Not that it was a bad show, I was just expecting more. Oh, and I officially hate ROH marks.

My God, tho, that powerbomb was seriously the scariest thing I've ever seen at a wrestling show. I was thinking broken neck, at the least for Jimmy. But he seemed fine.

I feel ya to an extent. The match of the undercard was Jacob's Whitmer. Nearly everything after the intermission was golden.

I saw the botched power bomb close up. Jacobs head hit the top rope, snapped forward, and snapped back just in time to hit the apron. I seriously thought he was fucked. (Also, there were Dragon gate Executives behind us watching the match.)

PapaGeorgio
03-31-2006, 02:13 AM
I'm going to the April 1st show in Chicago. Got 8th row tickets, should be awesome. Lance Storm is going to wrestle, can't go wrong.

Blitz
03-31-2006, 05:50 PM
Due to a sad rep from Red Ninja, I feel the need to clarify a comment. I offcially hate ROH marks who think that everything the company does is the greatest thing in the history of wrestling, and who don't SIT THE FUCK DOWN.

redoneja
03-31-2006, 05:53 PM
:wave:

Blitz
03-31-2006, 05:56 PM
I just noticed that your avatar does indeed appear to be a red ninja. Rep for that.

What Would Kevin Do?
03-31-2006, 07:35 PM
Due to a sad rep from Red Ninja, I feel the need to clarify a comment. I offcially hate ROH marks who think that everything the company does is the greatest thing in the history of wrestling, and who don't SIT THE FUCK DOWN.

You might be talking about me and the guys in front of me ;) I was in the second row of section C. The guys in front of me were nuts, but in an awesome way. Except the guy right in front of me stood CONSTANTLY, and the only way I could see was to stand up. I was angled into the walkway though so noone was behind me.

One of the best lines of the night "I KNOW YOUR A COCK SUCKER!"

I dunno, I completely and utterly enjoyed myself the entire time, which I haven't been able to say about any wrestling event I've been to outside of the ECW shows I went to.

"Now that's how you do an airplane spin!"

Also, I bought a Dragongate towel and got it signed by all six guys. And for the record, I'm the guy who started the first H-A-G-E chant. I dunno, more than anything, I'm a huge Dragongate mark. What I'm hoping for is that ROH can eventually get TAKA to come over and do some shows.